vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Also, my youngest son was asking where "gold panther" was. I had to remind him that he died in the BP movie. That was harder on him lol.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
How did your children/younger siblings handle so much loss throughout the movie? I'm a 28 year old man and this movie just delivered gut punch after gut punch from the opening scene. My 8 year old stepson has never been so quiet during a movie, and so close to tears after the end. We had agreed to go see the film again for his birthday, but the first thing he said on the car ride home was that he had no desire to watch everyone die again.

Tell me, ERA, what was your experience like? Is Marvel using the Infinity Gauntlet to snatch the souls out of an entire generation of kids with this film?

To be fair, Disney's got a long history of traumatizing kids, whether it's Bambi, Old Yeller, the Lion King or the heroes of Infinity War.

I do think though that we're now living in an age where if you want to soften the blow, the miracle of waiting for home video will probably do the trick, especially for a movie like this with an upcoming sequel. The experience of watching The Empire Strikes Back now is a very different experience from Gen X kids who didn't even know how long they had to wait to find out about Han Solo's ultimate fate. It's probably the same here, where if future parents are really concerned, they can just marathon it, so as soon as Infinity War is done, just put on IW2, and immediately get that cathartic relief of seeing the situation get resolved.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Someone want to give the death list? I'm not going to watch it (Or if I do it won't be for a looking time) but am mildly curious on who got the ax.

Heimdall
Loki
Gamora
Vision
Scarlett Witch
Black Panther
Spider-Man
Doctor Strange
Bucky
Falcon
Star Lord
Groot
Drax
Mantis
Maria Hill
Nick Fury
Half the population of the universe

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
My eight-year-old was fine, as were all of the kids that walked out of the theater. Most are smart enough to understand.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Has this not been the norm for decades?

Parents taking their kids to see movies that are rated above their age? Absolutely. I haven't even seen the movie, but I knew a lot of people were gonna "die" before it was released. It's the parents choice ultimately. I wonder if people will bitch at Disney about this even though they gave the rating.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It certainly wasn't graphic, my 9 yr old was more offended by the potty mouths. They say shit and ass a lot.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta teach these kids about death somehow and make them feel that even the greatest among man aren't invincible.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm just going to say it. How is anyone getting emotional over this first of a two part film when we know who comes back? The hell is going on with you all???

Don't be obtuse. Most of these kids don't know squat.

And then being brought back doesn't actually mean they didn't go through the process of dying. Even if it's getting reversed, they had to go through that fear and their friends had to watch them die and live with that trauma for years considering A 4 picks up 5 years later.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My GF and I were wrecked after seeing it last night. Ton Holland was amazingly gutwrenching, as was Rocket's reaction. This movie really is something else. I think kids will be fine though, it's still not as horrible as a lot of other movie death scenes.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How did your children/younger siblings handle so much loss throughout the movie? I'm a 28 year old man and this movie just delivered gut punch after gut punch from the opening scene. My 8 year old stepson has never been so quiet during a movie, and so close to tears after the end. We had agreed to go see the film again for his birthday, but the first thing he said on the car ride home was that he had no desire to watch everyone die again.

Tell me, ERA, what was your experience like? Is Marvel using the Infinity Gauntlet to snatch the souls out of an entire generation of kids with this film?

INFINITY WAR SPOILERS BELOW
I mean only 2 people really died and I'd bet Loki is coming back. You know all the others are coming back right? They have other movies to make. Really took the wind out of their "deaths" for me

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
Exactly show kids the story of Griffith so they know what a real hero looks like.
No. God no

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Or go a step further and tell them that all comic book continuities are basically soap operas, where nothing is really permanent and there will never be a true conclusion to anything.
There's a conclusion to how high Marvel are willing to set RDJ's pay bracket, so it might not work that way in movies.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
i took my nephew, he thought the deaths were dank

he looked at the screen in awe as everyone smoldered to dust

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
In my theater there was a little girl dressed as Gamora in full makeup that was so excited to see the movie :(

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Little kids are playing GTAV. Of course they're going to watch IW. I don't endorse the GTA thing, but that's reality and so are under 13 being taken to these films.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
There was a baby in my showing that would go crazy whenever Thor was on screen especially his big damn moments

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I was traumatized by Robocop, Return to Oz, and Superman 3. Those were nightmare enducing, literally.

They don't make them like they used too!

Although Robocop was a hard R, it was marketed to young boys. And young boys loved robots/cyborgs thanks to Transformers so there was going to interest.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would't take like a 6 and under kid there, but I think anything above that is fine. I would be more worried about them sitting still for nearly 3 hours

Dec 12, 2017
INFINITY WAR SPOILERS BELOW
I mean only 2 people really died and I'd bet Loki is coming back. You know all the others are coming back right? They have other movies to make. Really took the wind out of their "deaths" for me

Congratulations, you aren't an 8 year old child.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
This movie should be rated R.

Several deaths.
Several slow, tortuous deaths.
Tons of violence.
Lots of disturbing torture scenes.

It was harder to watch than the last Hobbit movie that was Rated R just for the battle scenes.

Last edited:

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was next to a couple of young girls at my theater and... yeah their faces at the end of the movie was something alright.

Oh well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger they say!

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Don't be obtuse. Most of these kids don't know squat.

And then being brought back doesn't actually mean they didn't go through the process of dying. Even if it's getting reversed, they had to go through that fear and their friends had to watch them die and live with that trauma for years considering A 4 picks up 5 years later.

I'm talking about the "adults" getting twisted up. Stop being so dense. The kids will be fine.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Not worth it

On topic

My daughter cried as the deaths were happening but lost it st the end when Spidey died. That death hit her hard. She was sobbing.

Last edited:

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He literally said the kid decided he didn't want to see heroes all die again when declining a future viewing.
not wanting to watch an avengers movie twice just sounds like an early sign of having good taste to me.

on an unrelated note, having only seen guardians of the galaxy and like half of doctor strange as far as marvel movies go, reading the plot synopsis of infinity war on wikipedia was very confusing. "i know some of the words" kind of confusing.