• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
voAzS6nQEUTPCR9Cum2UkX-970-80.jpg.webp

New variable cap for The Flash: Fastest Man Alive Batman costume shows Ben Affleck. The costume is designed by Andy Muschietti, who is directing the upcoming DC Comics movie. Writer Kenny Porter and artist Ricardo Lopez Ortiz take readers around the track before the Ezra Miller Flash premieres next year. Fastest man alive is a three-issue monthly series that aims to get fans in the know fast before this version of the hero hits the silver screen.

Talk about terrible timing. What the fuck is DC thinking?

Reminder: Ezra Miller goes by (They/Them) pronouns.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
They likely didn't know, was always meant to be revealed as a usual press thing or they really fucked up.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Legendarily terrible timing. Sometimes things like this are so obviously in poor taste that I wonder if they must be intentional.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Wow that'd be funny if it wasn't so horrible. It's like a Mad Magazine parody, even the artstyle matches.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They likely didn't know, was always meant to be revealed as a usual press thing or they really fucked up.
This stuff is planned well in advance and if they really wanted to, stopped on a dime(comics been yanked last minute for less).

but to be fair, this probably such a throwaway part of the PR it was probably turned in and forgotten and been automatic ever sense

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Like I've said on the child abuser thread:

I have no idea about the inner workings about how comic book previews work in the United States, but I do know how digital files work. DC Comics NOT RELEASING this digitally piece of shit dishonoring one of their characters after the last weeks and especially after yesterday's 1k-year-old accusation shows that they do give a fuck and are sensible about the shit that is happening.

I don't think most people know how this works but claiming a technicality at the face of what it's going on is with all due respect, bullshit.

Fuck Ezra Miller, fuck Warner Bros. Discovery and now fuck DC Comics too, they better announce that this shit isn't getting released before the day is over. This should have its own thread but I'm legit tired of all this bullshit and I'm just hoping WB will just say something already. This getting announced one day after a 12-year-old non binary kid accused them of grooming it's just a disgusting, appealing, abhorrent, callous, irresponsible lack of oversight by both DC Comics and WB. Fuck this shit.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how far in advance these things are set up I'm not surprised they had some Flash stuff in the pipeline that they neglected to remove.

They're unlikely to, like, recall the solicitations or whatever, though they may end up cancelling orders for the book. They have until September-ish to do so, and god only knows what will end up happening between now and then.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
This stuff is planned well in advance and if they really wanted to, stopped on a dime(comics been yanked last minute for less).

but to be fair, this probably such a throwaway part of the PR it was probably turned in and forgotten and been automatic ever sense

Yup this is my take. Sucks it made it live but it would've been nice if someone had seen it and said "maybe we cancel or heavily delay that scheduled release considering all of the...y'know.....everything"

Although, tbf, with how long these things are made in advance and how many partners could potentially be involved in marketing it may not even be possible for them to just say never mind so no hate towards DC on my end. Not yet at least

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
wait, is that supposed to be Ezra Miller? Like, literally the same Flash?

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Even the actual content of the comics themselves aren't vetted properly (sometimes), I wouldn't expect the solicits to be vetted closely at all. DC probably forgot it was being published

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

Just want to clarify that the bolded is absolutely also a thing that happens, because comics are such a minor industry nowadays that it's only in real extreme cases like this where non-comics people are actually paying attention to them.

So yeah, this is mostly a case of extremely awful timing and DC getting caught asleep at the wheel.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
D.C. have pulled stuff last minute, see the Elseworlds special as an example. They didn't care enough here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Even the actual content of the comics themselves aren't vetted properly (sometimes), I wouldn't expect the solicits to be vetted closely at all. DC probably forgot it was being published

You'd think the director of the movie would remember he drew this and be like "hold up, remember that variant cover I drew? Please don't publish it"

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
You'd think the director of the movie would remember he drew this and be like "hold up, remember that variant cover I drew? Please don't publish it"
I don't hold any ill against Muschietti, but that's a fair assessment. Another fair assessment would be like: DC Comics, these characters are more than 80 years old, how about we read the fucking room and ask politely to the comic book websites to not run this shit? How about being fucking sensitive about accusations of grooming from 12-year-olds? I legit hope that they talk something about this disavowing the cover, it's the least they can do after shooting themselves in the foot like that.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Someone at DC was determined to mine everything they could outta this shit show lol

Really not a good cover, even

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I laughed out loud at that.

Holy shit i'd expect better taste from the original the boys comics.