Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I actually can't believe people expected 60 like it's just a switch you flip for every game without consequence or some shit lmao

If you saw the presentation today and you thought this would run at 4k 60 on a console idk what to tell you

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what "Recommended" is targeting because Ryzen 5 3600X doesn't seem that powerful...
SDQ4L4P.png

Those are basically the Series X's specs minus the 6800 xt.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
That's unacceptable. And this goes for any developer.
Why? Would you rather they tone down the physics aspects and everything else just for 60fps? Like I know for stuff like shooters or linear action adventure games 30fps is rough and a terrible target but for stuff like a physics based rpg I'd prefer that extra interaction with the world, and you can physically see and feel why they target 30

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just unoptimized or something? I didn't see why the series x couldn't push 60fps with this game….are they still using gamebryo?

it's heavily optimized, the game is just extremely hard on the CPU.

It's the price you pay if you go all in on crazy universe simulation.

Why? Would you rather they tone down the physics aspects and everything else just for 60fps? Like I know for stuff like shooters or linear action adventure games 30fps is rough and a terrible target but for stuff like a physics based rpg I'd prefer that extra interaction with the world, and you can physically see and feel why they target 30

physics is generally minor part of the simulation. We're talking about the NPCs moving in the background and doing stuff that you don't see.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
I just hope my 3700x survives, really don't feel like upgrading to a 5800x. That said this is the game that would get me to upgrade my CPU.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
It was always going to be 30fps on console, any faux outrage at this is going to be entirely manufactured.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Works for me Bethesda rpgs are something else. I just hope its as close to a lock 30 as possible

pioneer

May 31, 2022
So um, why not offer a lower res 60fps option if it can do locked 4k/30? This is an honest question. Doesn't seem like dev time or funding is a factor with this game. Is there some technical limitation I don't understand?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Native 4k/30 seems good for this massive game

I'm afraid of my 9900k/3080 machine even being able to put out 1440p (ultrawide)/60 consistently with this

Also, you know, it's a BGS game at launch
That's exactly where I am.. hehe. Hoping my right-around-the-recommended CPU (9700K in my case) can keep up.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
If it's actually a rock-solid 30, I'll live.

A completely locked framerate from what they're saying that game is would be fairly impressive on its own.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
So um, why not offer a lower res 60fps option if it can do locked 4k/30? This is an honest question. Doesn't seem like dev time or funding is a factor with this game. Is there some technical limitation I don't understand?
In a game like this, it's the CPU that's the limiting factor, not the GPU. Lowering the resolution won't actually do anything to help.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
After what they showed I dont even care to be honest, its a small price to pay for something this huge and ambitious.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Because "4K" is probably not native 4K anyway. Lowing resolution won't matter because the CPU is the bottleneck in these games, not GPU.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
We should be looking at if it's a STABLE 30 let alone sniffing 60 lmao

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
Did people really expect anything else? When has bethesda ever cared about high frame rate?

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
How the fuck is a performance mode not possible.

Did Bethesda forget that the game is coming out on a platform where there is billions of different hardware setups than will run the game differently?

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
has nothing to do with zen2, it has everything to do with how much the game is simulating.

It has everything to do with the crippled Zen 2 cores in the consoles. They're very slow gaming CPUs. Faster gaming CPUs will be required to run the game at 60fps with all that complex stimulation.

I really hope the game supports DLSS3 on PC, as I can't see a stable 120hz being feasible without it.