Status
Not open for further replies.

vkbest

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I said before, they want this for next gen, so they could make current graphics on next gen xD

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
"Bells and whistles"? It is so bizarre how many video game fans talk about video game engines with no understanding of what a video game engine is.
In many cases, I wouldn't call iterating on the engine "adding bells and whistles". In the case of creation engine, I could make an exception to that. There are some core issues that they haven't resolved after all this time. In this case adding a new renderer, might help it look good but it doesn't save the engine from the underlying cruft.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Jesus Christ.

That's it. No more in house Bethesda games for me. That's ridiculous, they just don't deserve my money. Sorry.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game engine outrage is the worst kind of outrage since this when you get the crowd who really doesn't know what they're talking about.

Oct 26, 2017
How?

Seriously. Fallout 76 already looks dated as hell, hell...4 already did. And yes I know they can keep updating it but again, Fallout 76 is a game coming out three years after 4 and it easily could have been a big mod when you look at the visuals.

But I'm sure around the time Starfield comes out, not to mention TES VI, it will look better than their games now. They really have to be. You just can't come with those visuals in 2021 or beyond.

We already know the new games will have the new animation system, so there's that. I'm sure character models and the worlds will look better too.

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love all the people that are like "no one knows what an engine is and how it works!" while at the same time, most of them have probably never even tried to use any of Bethesdas tools.

The same clunky shit that does not allow you to do -anything- state of the art for so many years now, it wont magically change now.

There's a reason why Bethesda games always look a generation behind, and it's not their artists.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Your right but......
To be fair the industry did that to them selfs by being a black box of video game making magic for over 20 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_engine

You can suss out quite a lot of information that's pretty relevant. Like, this is me speaking as a complete layman, but it seems to me that a game engine is more like a suite of software than one big whole, and that some part of an engine need regular updating whole others would be a huge waste of time to completely rewrite.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
"Bells and whistles"? It is so bizarre how many video game fans talk about video game engines with no understanding of what a video game engine is.
In many cases, I wouldn't call iterating on an engine "adding bells and whistles". In the case of creation engine, I could make an exception to that. There are some core issues that they haven't resolved after all this time. For example, adding a new renderer, might help it look good superficially but it doesn't save the engine from the underlying cruft.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
The original interview was posted here months ago. Of course, people were only interested in the excerpt about cross-platform play, despite that being the single smallest and least fleshed-out response in the entire interview.
Oh shoot that's right it really did come from that interview. Watch someone digs through this interview a third time for a third "scandal".

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Game engine outrage is the worst kind of outrage since this when you get the crowd who really doesn't know what they're talking about.
It's kind of funny now. I was annoyed at first, but now theres this actual discussion going on where we're talking about just that, and between the responses theres just a dozen posts of "WOW WELL THEY'RE NOT GETTING MY MONEY NOW LOL"

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This information does not appear to be accurate. Mistakes happen, but be more mindful in the future, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.