• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised, too. Fallout Shelter is a such a terrible fit for consoles, even the Switch.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
What are the specs on the GPD? Christ, that IS the dream!

Pretty low. Runs DOOM worse than the Switch port if you were looking for a more direct comparison.

Dimensions 15.5 cm x 9.7 cm x 2.2 cm
CPU 64-bit x86 Intel Atom x7 Z8750 (1.60 GHz/2.56 GHz max)
Graphics Intel HD 405 Graphics (200 MHz/600 MHz max)
Memory 4GB LPDDR3 RAM

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
First off, fuck creation club!! Second, mods please.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty low. Runs DOOM worse than the Switch port if you were looking for a more direct comparison.

Memory 4GB LPDDR3 RAM

Man, can't see why not then :|

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Then I asked: "Will you bring mods to Skyrim on Switch?"

"We are not actively doing that," he answered. "We would love to see it happen but it's not something we're actively doing."
"We would love to see it happen but it's not something we're actively doing." Almost sounds as if he's explicitly leaving it up to the modding community to implement it.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would guess mods is a bridge too far for Nintendo and he doesn't want to toss them under the bus about it while they are still honeymooning.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read it as it being an impossibility of happening later, but right now all their people are tied up with other things (that they deem more important overall than bringing mods to Skyrim Switch) and they aren't gonna shift them to do this instead, so it's not happening at this moment.

Just because you'd love to do something doesn't mean you'll do it if there's a bunch of other things you want to do even more.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I admit I bought Skyrim at launch on Switch for $60. I don't regret it as I love having it portable. Plus, it is still $50 on Amazon, so not a huge price drop since launch .

I want Doom as well but keep holding off hoping for a sale at $35 or so. It's also still $50.

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't think Bethesda will ever do a remaster of Fallout 3. That game has aged very poorly, even compared to New Vegas. Just getting it running on a modern system without it crashing every 30 minutes is a struggle, and that's just the technical aspect. I'm sure porting the game without adding things like ironsights / sprinting and what else would make for a poor reception of the remaster as well, and I don't think Bethesda want to worry about working on a remaster when they have Fallout 76, Star Field, Elder Scrolls Blades, and ES6 all on the horizon, and all are probably more profitable prospects.

I've been playing it on my Xbox One X for two weeks now and haven't seen it crash once.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the honesty but it's really funny hearing him in one breath be like "yeah we haven't done right by our Switch community. we need to support these things" and then when asked if they're doing those things he's like "nah, we're not"

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I got from this is they have a permanent Switch team, and we know Panic Button did Wolfenstein and Doom (and likely anything upcoming related to these games such as Doom Eternal or the new Wolfenstein DLC), so this tells me this internal Bethesda Switch team so far have done Fallout Shelter and Skyrim? Which should theoretically mean this "Switch Group" has been on something else since Fallout Shelter launched. With both those games doing pretty well and Todd being happy about Switch it seems unlikely that it would have closed. Add that to the fact they're surprised how well Shelter did, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if something else Fallout related comes soon. Whether that's, 3, 4, 76 or something older who knows. I know there's a lot of reading between the lines here and I could be wrong but that's what I saw lmao.

Since Todd has said they aren't currently doing anything with 3, I think 4 is a no brainer, especially since they now have experience porting Skyrim and it runs on the same engine.
Id take oblivion, fallout 3, nv and 4

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry todd, the modding community will take care of mods, like the always do.

People have already brought mods to breathe of the wild on cfw, don't see how skyrim would be too far off.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
So he's basically just said they are failing their userbase with no plans to remedy it. Lol sounds about right.
I'm ok with his response because
1 Bethesda came out with support with a solid selection of games.
2 Since the e3 2017 the company outright stated mods weren't coming to Skyrim
3 People are either ignoring that announcement or genuinely don't know and his follow-up answer was straightforward unlike Capcom.

This is how all the publishers should be acting.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Games like Fallout: Shelter and Elder Scrolls Blades are the Switch's shining beacons of hope when it comes to third party support.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Come on Bathesda just give Switch FallOut New Vegas. You know you want too

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly would have been surprised if mods were coming to Switch. Even if the risk of it leading to softmodding is low, I don't think Nintendo really would enjoy the idea of letting users run (externally made) community code on their console.
Nintendo doesn't care, look at the SmileBASIC releases.

beni12

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but they can make it digital only, and just like with Wolfenstein 2 the file size would probably be much much smaller than in the other systems.
that's a good solution. well Wolfenstein 2 file size is around half of TESO and if they port this to switch it will probably be largest switch game ever and people will need a bigger SD card for game and DLC

Goronmon

Nov 9, 2017
The statement makes sense. Developers can't keep teams of people on hold just in case they are needed for unexpected reasons. Everything is planned well in advance, and they aren't going to suddenly drop a new project just to add new comment or features to a released one.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
How big is ESO? Isn't it entirely segregated by platform?

I doubt Nintendo would allow mods regardless. That's a weird ccomment though.
Nintendo doesn't care these days. They have the most lenient standards here outside of Win10 Universal apps. They were actually the first to allow mobile crossplay too (on Wii U back when Sony still blocked it).

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Personally i'd rather take The Evil Within 1 and 2 over Skyrim mods, but that's just me.

Congrats for Fallout Shelter.
Dunno how TEW2 would go on Switch, but if Wolfenstein 2 was possible I suppose it's no biggie (it runs on another engine based in Id Tech) but the first one was also on PS3 so it should be entirely possible.

Having just played Revelations 2 on Switch and The Evil Within on PS4 having both TEW games would be a treat on that machine. Handheld mode horror is a godsend - I love it!

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
Nintendo doesn't care these days. They have the most lenient standards here outside of Win10 Universal apps. They were actually the first to allow mobile crossplay too (on Wii U back when Sony still blocked it).

Them allowing crossplay doesn't mean they'd allow mods, those are two seperate things. To my knowledge they've never had a single game on their platform with mod support.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
???

'We have a great community we haven't supported, and we don't plan to'?

I think it's just being transparent tbh. He know's they're asking for it, but simply at this point they've put their resources into other areas/projects and can't work on mods for the Switch. But since he acknowledged it, maybe in a future Nintendo port/game they'll work harder at bringing those features.

Deleted member 17491

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
The
Elder
Scrolls
Switch
Version
Come
ON!!!
I'd be shocked by this. It's super rough on PS4 (even on a Pro). I'd love it though (even though it'd be my 3rd time buying it now!)

That'd be nice but only if I can play on XB1 and Switch with the same character. Don't want to start from scratch.
Cross play and/or saves would be amazing. I love my PC character and really don't want to ever have to restart if they do pull off a Switch port.

SRO7

Nov 30, 2017

Memory 4GB LPDDR3 RAM

I think the specs you posted is for the old model. New model has 8gb ram