PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgX-DgdzZ0
Runtime: 36:20

It's that time once again where Todd is late putting up the list, but he managed to do it, so whatever. So if Vampire made the worst, what could've made the best? Was something left off of here that made your list? Am I the only one that personally thought #2 was #1? And be sure to watch the video for a bonus list.

Missed the discussion about the worst list? Here you go: https://www.resetera.com/threads/todd-in-the-shadows-worst-songs-of-2023.798018/

10. Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift
9. Good Good by Usher
8. Ceilings by Lizzy McAlpine
7. Cupid by Fifty Fifty
6. Nonsense by Sabrina Carpenter
5. Man Made a Bar by Morgan Wallen
4. What Was I Made For? by Billie Eilish
3. On My Mama by Victoria Monét
2. Dial Drunk by Noah Kahan
1. Bad Idea, Right? by Olivia Rodrigo

Honorable mentions
Shakira: Bzrp Music Sessions, vol 53 by Bizarrap and Shakira
Agora Hills by Doja Cat
Handle on You by Parker McCollum
Super Shy by NewJeans
Snooze by SZA
Jaded by Miley Cyrus
Can't Catch Me Now by Olivia Rodrigo

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I'm not much of a pop guy but Noah Kahan is one of my wife's favorite artists even before he blew up to the level he is now. Dial Drunk with him and Post Malone is a solid track.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
man i'm so out of touch these days, i've heard like two of the songs on this list and i'm pretty sure not the whole way through

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL
Just finished the video. Despite how lackluster of a year 2023 was for hip-hop and pop, this is a phenomenal list. As for the video itself, Todd delivers yet another sharp and well-written script. His comedy's great, his commentary's thoughtful, and it's always a treat to see him sing praises for the stuff he likes. #9, #8, #4, #3, and #1 are all highlights for me. Good stuff.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Threadwhining
Thank god someone had the courage to stand up and give some much needed attention to the hit songs.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
also TIL that that's Cruel Summer. I heard she did a song by that name but never looked into it so I assumed she did a Bananarama cover

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There you fucking go, all the people in the last thread who cried about that Olivia Rodrigo song being on his worst list. Enjoy.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
As someone from the UK who doesn't watch TV or listen to UK radio stations, I once again don't know any of these songs. I'm also old so maybe that is why too. I do enjoy these year end best of/worst of from Todd though - never knowing a single song lol

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, that Morgan Wallen song sounds like shit. I don't know how people can listen to that much auto tune on a voice. Like, when it isn't being done as an effect, I mean. That I get. But, when it is supposed to just be a dude singing, I would like their voice to resemble human.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
love that every Todd in the Shadows Best/Worst videos are two-parters

part one is the video itself

part two is reading all the comments crying about his picks

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
That country song about bars sounds like one of the worst things ever. Starting to get concerned about how much shitty country Todd likes.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I must be old as shit because 80% of these songs do absolutely nothing for me. "Cruel Summer" rules and I think that "vampire" by Olivia (which is 100% not her worst song, she has far worse on GUTS) and "Feather" by Sabrina Carptenter were better picks. As far as Noah Kahan... I'm sorry man, he is just the same old stomp clap shit from the 2010s. Shout out to NewJeans being on the honorable mentions tho.

CoolAssGoat

Oct 27, 2017
Bad Idea Right? is one of my favorite songs in quite a long time and Cruel Summer is cool but the rest of the list is severely weak. Surprised to see Todd so enthusiastic about it.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very grateful that this list introduced me to Nonsense. That song's a hoot and a half.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This comment made me chuckle:
"its really cool that 2023 was the year todd finally became him true self, a 15 year old girl"