Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Can't remember the last roast from Comedy Central I enjoyed since the Pam Anderson and Hugh Hefner ones. And the Hefner one barely counts since it was only shown on CC, it was a Friar's Club roast.

Timber

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 17, 2024
Bruh I'm halfway through this right now and I am DYING. This is legit some of the best comedy I've seen in year. Even Kim Kardashian killed. Omgg

Edit: oh lord will Ferrell is here as his Anchorman character

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Can't believe Brady got his underoos in a twist over Jeff Ross' Robert Kraft joke, that was embarrassing. I see people online saying Tom was just playing into the joke, I dunno it seemed legit to me.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They teared him up! He was uncomfortable at times.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing people like Tony Hinchcliffe and Andrew Schultz become the "face" of the new generation of stand-up comics makes me so sad.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
I havent seen a roast in at least a decade. Im hearing things that may change this for me.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
They did this…'live'?

I didn't know that was a thing on Netflix.
Katt Williams did a live show this weekend too.

Seeing people like Tony Hinchcliffe and Andrew Schultz become the "face" of the new generation of stand-up comics makes me so sad.

Eh, they're just the best "marketers". They're not the faces of the generation. Comedy is too diffuse for that. Mass breakout stars like Andrew Dice Clay are done.

beebop

May 30, 2023
He went into this thinking all the jokes would be like "Tom Brady has so many trophies he has to hire 2 more cleaners at his mansion to keep them shining", didn't he?

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
I am only 30 minutes in and Jesus Christ, they went all in on him already. The Giselle Karate stuff...

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
He went into this thinking all the jokes would be like "Tom Brady has so many trophies he has to hire 2 more cleaners at his mansion to keep them shining", didn't he?
He definitely knew. He's not dumb. But probably hearing the jokes live is a different thing lol.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Did anyone get him for kissing his kid on the mouth?
What's the implication here? That he's a pedo for kissing his 11 year old son? If Gisele did it would it be ok?

The whole uproar over that is weird. In a world where people claim toxic masculinity is a major problem, especially on this forum, people are perfectly fine shitting on any father expressing their emotions as they see fit.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
They did this…'live'?

I didn't know that was a thing on Netflix.

Yeah, this is one of the first big live shows, or the first one. It's an area that investors wanted Netflix to go into years ago but they always resisted, but now as the market has changed and Hulu, Prime, and Peacock are all doing well with live sports-like content, Netflix has to start doing the same.

I honestly didn't understand why they were so stubborn on live content for so long. It'd be a really good format for their comedy shows

Oct 25, 2017
What's the implication here? That he's a pedo for kissing his 11 year old son? If Gisele did it would it be ok?

The whole uproar over that is weird. In a world where people claim toxic masculinity is a major problem, especially on this forum, people are perfectly fine shitting on any father expressing their emotions as they see fit.

As I recall from the video, which was a few years ago mind, his kid looked a bit uncomfortable and definitely older than you'd usually connect with that gesture.

I don't think Tom Brady is a pedophile. It's just the same as you wouldn't expect a family to be all holding hands when the kids are teenagers. Like you said , there was kind of an uproar and I would've thought a 'no holds barred' roast might cover that.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
As I recall from the video, which was a few years ago mind, his kid looked a bit uncomfortable and definitely older than you'd usually connect with that gesture.

I don't think Tom Brady is a pedophile. It's just the same as you wouldn't expect a family to be all holding hands when the kids are teenagers. Like you said , there was kind of an uproar and I would've thought a 'no holds barred' roast might cover that.
The son he kissed was 11, that's probably what most would consider borderline. As for the roast, thankfully they didn't go there for his son's sake. I'm sure the constant mocking he received would have also been levelled at his son in school.

I don't know why we mock parents for showing affection toward their children but to each their own. This sort of talk however exactly why we have fathers that are emotionless shells of a human.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
"Kevin Hart is using the bucket to stand on that Hernandez kicked out from under." DAMN.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished and loved it. There were a lot of great jokes and jabs, more than i thought would be. And Tom's last words were the cherry on top.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

Yeah that's just you coloring it how you wanted to see it. His son clearly wasn't uncomfortable. Fuckin awkward and weird? Yes, I have always thought that about families who do lip kissing... but that was pretty common not that long ago. Tom still kisses his dad on the lips as well. Fuckin weird, but insinuating he is a pedophile for being a dad who cares is pretty gross. Always thought the reactions were massively overblown.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Can't believe Brady got his underoos in a twist over Jeff Ross' Robert Kraft joke, that was embarrassing. I see people online saying Tom was just playing into the joke, I dunno it seemed legit to me.

I heard this clip on news radio of all places. It baffles me that he was okay with jokes about his wife, but not about his former boss.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Only got through half of it while watching it late last night after realizing it was freakin 3 hours long

But what I saw so far was brutal lol

Nikki Glaser had the best jokes.

Her set was really good. I've seen her live trying out new material at the local club one time, was a fun time.

Last edited:

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
He has the grace of a swan, the wisdom of an owl, and the eye of an eagle. Ladies and gentlemen this man is for the birds!

Norm as usual throughout his career was doing things different than anyone else and sticking out as amazing.

He's on my Mount Rushmore of comedy.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's just you coloring it how you wanted to see it. His son clearly wasn't uncomfortable. Fuckin awkward and weird? Yes, I have always thought that about families who do lip kissing... but that was pretty common not that long ago. Tom still kisses his dad on the lips as well. Fuckin weird, but insinuating he is a pedophile for being a dad who cares is pretty gross. Always thought the reactions were massively overblown.
Yeah, the stage was full of creeps and weirdos but most know better than to roast the guys children.

Feb 14, 2024

We need to stop over analyzing caring dads being caring dads if we want to stop the cycle of men hiding their emotion's.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
About to watch this. Don't know anything about Tom Brady, so expect most of it to go over my head.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot that Putin just stole Kraft's Super Bowl ring. What a POS!