dred

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of disappointing as a Patriots hater, now they're likely to get an upgrade at QB for the upcoming season. :/

Oct 28, 2017
Any team that signs Brady to a 30 million dollar a year contract is going to be paying him for what he has done not what he will do going forward.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Here is the ultimate test for Brady. If he goes to the Bears and they somehow win the Superbowl he is clearly the GOAT. If it is still the Bears being the Bears then he is the ultimate system QB.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
As a Bostonian who follows the Pats (yay for DVR'd games, 30m long with no break in action!) but isn't really a big American Football fan this story actually interests me a lot more than it should just because I need a distraction from Coronavirus and sports are all shut down.

Both Bill and Tom will be exposed next season.

I don't know if "exposed" is the right word, but I do think Brady is in for a bit of a wakeup call. He was struggling as it was the tail end of last season, partly due to time catching up with him and partly for the team as a whole having a few more holes in it position wise (losing Gronk really hurt) and lack of synergy. I don't know what he's thinking doing this - I guess money but it's possible he's that over confident in his own abilities. Maybe just doesn't want to retire with his final play being a pick-6.

I don't think Bill will look too bad though. Yeah the 2020 team is going to be a considerable step down but he pretty much gets a get out of free jail card next year with Brady leaving. 2021 (if he sticks around) will be a better judge.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I have absolutely zero love for the Patriots and Boston sports in general but anyone thinking anything will be proven next year if Brady or the Pats flop is a clown. Nothing lasts forever, it doesn't mean they were frauds all along.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like its the bucs according a source via Adam Schefter.

Which is so odd.

1. It could be about the money... but that is just next level greed. His wife makes more than him. He has other ventures.

2. Going to California would have been a homecoming... but going to Tampa Bay?????

3. He wants to win another ship... I don't think Tampa Bay is the place for it but whatever.

4. His relationships with the Pats was soured beyond repair and his cordial and respectful nature with the press and social media is just him being respectful/a front.

5. He's bored and wants to know what its like to play Football somewhere else. He sees this as a proving ground that he's still got it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like its the bucs according a source via Adam Schefter.

Which is so odd.

1. It could be about the money... but that is just next level greed. His wife makes more than him. He has other ventures.

2. Going to California would have been a homecoming... but going to Tampa Bay?????

3. He wants to win another ship... I don't think Tampa Bay is the place for it but whatever.

4. His relationships with the Pats was soured beyond repair and his cordial and respectful nature with the press and social media is just him being respectful/a front.

5. He's bored and wants to know what its like to play Football somewhere else. He sees this as a proving ground that he's still got it.
I really dont see how its odd.

1. Calling Brady next level greed after taking below market value for his entire career is insanity. He deserves to be paid like he always should have been.

2. There have been rumors about him wanting to locate in FL for tax purposes in addition to having ownership in a team like the dolphins.

3. TB has a scary good collection of offensive weapons and an underrated defense. He can absolutely win here.

4. Probably.

5. Could be.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely the worst St Patrick's Day in Boston history

Can't even go to the bar and get wrecked

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
TB to TB

Glad he's out of the AFC East finally.

I really hope the Bills can make season this count.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The Bucs? That team makes the least sense out of all of the options out there. I guess he has a stud to throw to in Mike Evans but were they even good on the defensive end?

Either way, he's still the GOAT, just like Jordan is still the GOAT despite not winning a title with the Wizards.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Bucs? That team makes the least sense out of all of the options out there. I guess he has a stud to throw to in Mike Evans but were they even good on the defensive end?

Godwin, Evans, OJ Howard (if they give him the ball) with a QB focused head coach. Makes the most sense to me.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Buccaneers?
giphy.gif

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Called it

That offense can carry Brady for at least a few seasons. Evans/Godwin/Howard. And Arians!

And he can go off into retirement in Florida, like all seniors.

They also still have a shit ton of cap space after signing Brady.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Godwin, Evans, OJ Howard (if they give him the ball) with a QB focused head coach. Makes the most sense to me.
Offensively, sure, but the Bucs' defense ranked among the worst in the league last season. A 43 TB is not going to be able to win games by outscoring every team he faces.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be like Jordan playing for the Wizards: no one will believe you when you tell them it happened.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Offensively, sure, but the Bucs' defense ranked among the worst in the league last season. A 43 TB is not going to be able to win games by outscoring every team he faces.
Their run defense was really good, I think their defense is more a case of needing to plug some holes than needing a complete revamp.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not saying you're wrong. I see him moving away from NE due them not getting talent around him. His best WR was a college QB while Hopkins and Diggs were just traded.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Either way, he's still the GOAT, just like Jordan is still the GOAT despite not winning a title with the Wizards.
I seriously need to know why people keep saying it makes no sense. It makes perfect sense.