--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The creative mind behind the likes of Metal Gear Solid and Death Stranding is working on a new title currently named "Overdose".

Early footage, that has been sent to me under the request of anonymity seems to show Mama from Death Stranding wearing a blue dress. The game, however, does not appear to be Death Stranding 2 and just features the actress who portrayed Mama, Margaret Qualley.

Footage shows the character walking through dark corridors with a flashlight in third-person, but it's been suggested that the game can be played in first-person too. A jump scare at the end of the footage shows "GAMEOVER" followed by "A Hideo Kojima Game"… "OVERDOSE".

It's been rumored by reputable insider Jeff Grubb that Kojima has been in talks with Xbox for the company to publish their next game. Although I wasn't able to verify that this deal has been finalized, it does seem that something is likely to be announced soon. After all, a picture did surface last week of Hideo Kojima in a zoom call with the creator of the Summer Games Fest, Geoff Keighley, last week.

tryhardguides.com

Hideo Kojima's New Horror Game is Dubbed "Overdose" - Try Hard Guides

Hideo Kojima's next project rumored to be horror game titled Overdose.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
images

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So they're working on two games since Death Stranding 2 seems to be in the works? Unless this was maybe a smaller thing between DS projects and it's basically done.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HORROR????OH SHIT DAWG. Yes yes yes please

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
So they're working on two games since Death Stranding 2 seems to be in the works? Unless this was maybe a smaller thing between projects rather than a big full release.
I think this horror game is smaller compared to DS, I could have sworn it's what Kojima's Stadia game was going to be reorganized.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
are they announcing this at the Xbox conference this week?

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Maybe this is Death Stranding 2 🤔 (or at least using the same actors).

Really excited to see Kojima's take on horror.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Cool to see Qualley again.
I like her quite a bit. Curious what she can bring to the table in a Hideo Kojima directed Horror game.
Hope to see it on Thursday.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I mean it's Kojima so I am in as long as its not a VR project.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone surprised?

Kojima said he was making a horror game after Death Stranding.

I be disappointed if it wasn't a horror game.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Greatly looking forward to all the conspiracies about how this is actually Silent Hill because it has a flashlight.

Oct 25, 2017
Is our only source for DS2 Reedus? He was talking like DS and Silent Hills were the same game. He's probably just in this one, same as Qualley.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Happy to check out whatever Kojima is working on. Dude basically has a blank check on my attention.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Margaret delivered a really strong performance as Mama and Lockne. I'm glad they're collaborating again.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Im sure if this has drug addiction/overdose metacommentary it will be treated with tact as Kojima is known for

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'll wait to see more but that trailer description sounds pretty bad lol. Gonna guess there's more than meets the eye with this one though.
I imagine the whole Game Over aspect being part of the trailer might play into a meta aspect.

Oct 25, 2017
This must be the Xbox game then? Leaking now because of the conference this week. Suppose it could also be Summer Games Fest

Definitely felt like from his on set photos that whatever was being worked on was at least multiplat with their being a PS4 controller and them working at SSM studio, but who knows. Felt like Xbox was teasing something with Kojima for awhile with the shelf stuff and that recent tweet of past E3 presenters saying Xbox which included Kojima.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Grubb said the Xbox project would leverage the cloud… we know next to nothing about this game but I dunno if this would fit that bill?

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Sounds like a PSVR2 game….
Someone did not read the article or OP

It's been rumored by reputable insider Jeff Grubb that Kojima has been in talks with Xbox for the company to publish their next game. Although I wasn't able to verify that this deal has been finalized, it does seem that something is likely to be announced soon. After all, a picture did surface last week of Hideo Kojima in a zoom call with the creator of the Summer Games Fest, Geoff Keighley, last week.