JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'll just close my eyes when the title card drops and murmur "Silent Hills" to myself and it'll be like we hardly missed a beat. Let's go, Ov- Silent Hills!

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
those quotes 100% point to the cloud based game imo, that would be Overdose?

or maybe Overdose is the Silent Hill AAA everyone wants most. if Overdose is the AAA game, Death Stranding 2 is way later :'(

Oct 28, 2017
I learned my lesson aaaaaaaaaall the way back with MGS3, my guy spoiled the entire basic plot outline of the game with those lmao. Now I see the first couple of those and nothing else before release.

yeup. that's why i didn't watch any of the later death stranding trailers. kojima loves giving away the whole game in the trailers. I can't recall any significant moments from MGSV that wasn't in one of the trailers

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
If this has Mama from Death Stranding in it, it's incredibly unlikely to be an Xbox project. That is a Sony owned IP.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
It seems like the horror game is the AAA project if it's being revealed soon. The smaller one seems like it hasn't completely got off the ground yet.
Yeah that was all pretty interesting little tidbits. I wonder if Overdose could maybe be some type of Death Stranding prequel. Could be interesting if so, probably more so than a sequel given how the first game ended.

damnit, im already getting caught up into theories lol

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people think DS2 started development only recently?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think DS2 started development only recently?
Because he's been talking about his horror game for years and the other game in production in collaboration with Microsoft has also been in the news since last summer. KP doesn't seem big enough to make 3 games at the same time + whatever skeleton crew was working on DS:DC.

Yoji Shinkawa was doing art for BRIDGES vehicles that weren't in Death Stranding or the Director's Cut, though. It might have been in some for of pre-production for awhile.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Because he's been talking about his horror game for years and the other game in production in collaboration with Microsoft has also been in the news since last summer. KP doesn't seem big enough to make 3 games at the same time + whatever skeleton crew was working on DS:DC.

Yoji Shinkawa was doing art for BRIDGES vehicles that weren't in Death Stranding or the Director's Cut, though. It might have been in some for of pre-production for awhile.
The rumoured Microsoft game began with Google before they cancelled it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, I don't think it's ever been confirmed whether or not the episodic cloud game IS the horror game or if they're separate things. The tweets on the last page make me think they're not the same title.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
This could've been a nice surprise during some conference or something, and somebody just ruined it…

Oct 27, 2017
I think Kojima is working on 3 games.

The Cloud games for Xbox was in negotiations with a letter of intent as of Summer 2021. Jeff Grubb gave an update this year that the game is still progressing with Microsoft, but that it's still very early and most of Kojima's staff don't what the game exactly is.

Death Stranding 2 was in negotiations in Fall 2021, according to a statement Reedus made at a press event back then, and seems to just have gotten into development according to him in his interview last month.

I'm really wondering what Kojima was doing before 2021-2022. Covid hampered things, but in an interview from around Spring 2020, he said he secured funding for a game and was working on it (after he had a previous project cancelled). He has also constantly referred to watching horror movies for work.

I think the horror game, "Overdose" might have been worked on since 2020, with the Xbox Cloud game being worked on since 2021, and Death Stranding 2 just recently in 2022.

This is all speculation of course.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah game drama. The industry is so secretive that stuff like this is bound to happen eventually and it blows up in peoples faces.

Wondering what NDA he is breaking though as he just received a video unsolicited it sounds like.
If the journalist is sharing something they themselves received, then they are under no NDA at all and have every legal right to publish what they want on their own website. Koji Pro could sue, but if there is no legal agreement between them and this publication, I don't see them achieving much of anything.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

The Cloud games for Xbox was in negotiations with a letter of intent as of Summer 2021. Jeff Grubb gave an update this year that the game is still progressing with Microsoft, but that it's still very early and most of Kojima's staff don't what the game exactly is.

Death Stranding 2 was in negotiations in Fall 2021, according to a statement Reedus made at a press event back then, and seems to just have gotten into development according to him in his interview last month.

I'm really wondering what Kojima was doing before 2021-2022. Covid hampered things, but in an interview from around Spring 2020, he said he secured funding for a game and was working on it (after he had a previous project cancelled). He has also constantly referred to watching horror games for work.

I think the horror game, "Overdose" might have been worked on since 2020, with the Xbox Cloud game being worked on since 2021, and Death Stranding 2 just recently in 2022.

Sounds right to me.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Tom Henderson is most likely burning bridges with this report and his reluctance to taking down the report as per KJP's request though. Not my problem of course

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The very small horror parts of Metal Gear Solid V were amazing, perfect build up and atmosphere. I'll gladly play more of that.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
KP is looking to hire a bunch of people.

Assuming he finally close the deal with MS a early announcement wouldn't be surprising to help with that process.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah game drama. The industry is so secretive that stuff like this is bound to happen eventually and it blows up in peoples faces.

Wondering what NDA he is breaking though as he just received a video unsolicited it sounds like.
You think the gaming industry is bad with secrets? Try fashion brands and tech companies. Holy crap.
And I can't blame them, because there's often a lot of money at stake.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
If the journalist is sharing something they themselves received, then they are under no NDA at all and have every legal right to publish what they want on their own website. Koji Pro could sue, but if there is no legal agreement between them and this publication, I don't see them achieving much of anything.
Yup agreed.

Whoever shared it around that caused it to end up being shared with Tom. Who obviously isn't under NDA or wouldn't be able to write about it.
This actually makes sense that the person who shared the video with Tom is a journalist. That's probably why he was able to leak the state of play - I believe journalists get a list of things at the event so they can have articles written right after it airs, is that right?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Does Tom just leaks stuff that is under embargo?
or he leaks stuff that is far away?

I remenber him leaking some studio announcement 1 hour before the embargo was lifted.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I understand how leaked media (screenshots/concept art/video) can be damaging for games since out of context WIP stuff can lead to toxic responses (see this forum's embarrassingly hysterical Silent Hill thread) or even decreased interest (The Last of Us 2), but I don't see the problem with saying "X is working on X". I don't think saying what someone's making is deserving of twitter dramatics.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
You think the gaming industry is bad with secrets? Try fashion brands and tech companies. Holy crap.
And I can't blame them, because there's often a lot of money at stake.
Yup not blaming. It's just the nature of the beast...video games are so popular and people want the info and they want the games and they want the leaks too. All it takes is one person going out and spilling the beans to ruin the whole thing.

Jan 4, 2018
Leaks are ruining the special moment and celebration that developers were preparing for since months (or years). I hate it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Which is weird because doesn't his site leak things as well?
I guess the difference here might be this was a preview shown under NDA to the press already while information they've gotten from sources in studios/publishers was never intended to be revealed publicly at that time? Idk

I'm really wondering what Kojima was doing before 2021-2022. Covid hampered things, but in an interview from around Spring 2020, he said he secured funding for a game and was working on it (after he had a previous project cancelled). He has also constantly referred to watching horror movies for work.

Sounds right as rain to me!

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Way I see it, leaks for something literally getting announced within less than a week are just sad and pointless.

It's totally within Tom Henderson's right to keep the article up as he signed no NDA, but he probably burned bridges with Koji Pro, the publisher, and Geoff Keighley.