• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022

Pictures of the controller keep the classic PlayStation 5 style, but show a few key differences. One of the biggest changes is buttons under the analog sticks, which allow you to completely remove the analog sticks; which Sony refers to as "removable stick units".

Another feature includes the trigger stops at the back of the controller, in addition to flappy paddles/buttons that have become increasingly popular over the years with players turning to companies such as SCUF Gaming and NACON for such controllers.

The prototype also features grips to help hold the controller, which also seems to be removable.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
So this is the hardware he was referring to in his deleted tweet. I'm in for paddles depending on the price and build quality.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That's cool I guess but I just wanted the back button attachment again.

I liked being able to have paddles without buying a 150-200 controller

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The company will reveal in the coming weeks"

That's exciting!

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I'd just like triggers that don't break. Never had an issue with PS controllers until this gen.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
So this is the hardware he was referring to in his deleted tweet. I'm in for paddles depending on the price and build quality.
Might be, but the article implies there's more stuff besides the controller.
However, it is understood by several sources that Sony is set to unveil several new bits of hardware at the end of this month (not a new console), but it's unclear whether or not the lineup will reveal this new controller.

I'm hoping to hear that full lineup in the near future and will update if I hear more. In conjunction with the hardware news, Bloomberg's Jason Schreier revealed last week that the long-anticipated update for God of War should come by the end of this month, but it's unclear if this update will be at the same event.

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good i hope that they fix the broken dpad and switch the left analog with the dpad. Then we are all good.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on my third defective dual sense. Drifting, broken triggers, squeaky noises it's been a nightmare since the beginning of the gen. I don't want a pro controller I just want quality build.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The "classic PlayStation 5 style"? It's a new controller design…

Anyway, that's cool. If it has an improved d-pad with tactile feedback, I might consider it for PC use.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So is this more of an accessibility controller or just a bigger DualSense with different features?

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I need them paddles. It's probably too much to hope that the analogue sticks will be better quality though and won't drift as much.

Edit: Also let me use AAs for christ's sake. Not your shitty built in batteries.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If a "Pro" DualSense is coming, a "Pro" Pulse 3D headset is surely in the works as well right?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Very interested in this, as long as the build quality is decent.

Definitely not glaring in the direction of my Xbox Elite Controller as I type this.

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
2 white controllers I got with my
console have squeaky buttons for whatever reason. Red one I have is perfect. Might turn in the white ones for a pro.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
I read analog sticks and my brain went straight to a Dualsense with asymmetric sticks. That'd be cool.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I already modded my controller out with paddles because I couldn't wait any longer than I already had. Hopefully this comes out soon and is as fully featured as it sounds! I'll be there day one if it is.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at getting another Dualsense and one of those mod packs which adds paddles to the back and the clicky face buttons, but I might hold off for one of these.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Arf, I read ps5 pro and I got hyped for a second. Not that much interested in a controller tbh.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
After having 2 elite controllers fall apart on me I don't think I'm spending big money on any more

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
I'm all-in on a controller with paddles! I am a bit concerned about them being described as 'flappy' though. I love the paddle positions on the Elite controller but the dangling ones on the Scuf controllers don't look anywhere near as comfortable to use (I've not tried them though). Anyone know what 'flappy' paddles are?

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
LETS FUCKING GOOOOO!

I hope they use hall effect sensor sticks. Already had a DualSense drift on me. Also, please for the love of God have good battery life.

Also, add Discord to PS5 already. I'm so ready to make it my main system but need Discord.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of God, learn from MS and offer native support for PC so that controllers don't need to be wired to enable haptics.

Ergonomics aside (personal preference) Sony already has the best controller in the business, and if they are really serious about PC gaming this is sorely needed.

It helps with brand awareness as well.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
So the back button attachment we see patents for the Dual Sense is not coming or it morphed into this?

May 14, 2021
If it addresses the lame ergonomics of the Dualsense, fixes the drift, has back buttons, and isnt terribly made like Xbox's, I'm down for a couple.