• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Drakey

Apr 19, 2019
I wonder which will release first, Division Heartland or Division The Movie🤔
Oh yeah and there is still the mobile game, lmao

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Ok!

(have we actually seen anything about it other than it being in a small town?)

I believe I remember reading that the earlier design idea was that it was partially inspired by the Division 1's survival mode (a GOAT gameplay experience for me) in which there was a storm rolling into town and that teams of Division agents were looking to extract stuff. I might be wrong though.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Was there an NDA for this?

I wonder if they fixed/removed the player onboarding level that just resulted in established players camping the known tutorial area and just killing all the newbies.
I had no friends to play this with, so as a solo I couldn't get past that part.
(I mean reminds me of D1 dark zone but still)

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Never saw much of a reason to play what they were advertising over booting up Division 2. Hopefully it's differentiating itself more.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
It's wild how much Ubisoft has fumbled this series.

First game, 20 million sales.
Second game, not as big a hit, but still huge sales - it was a fantastic game in a lot of ways, but really interesting that they decided not to bring over the two most distinctive elements of the game: the winter setting and Survival mode, which was one of the first of such modes in a game and had so much room to expand.

Clearly The Division 3 would've been a big hit, again, but Ubisoft execs surprised the team with last minute "keep on working on the Division 2, plus we're making a mobile game, and also, there's a free to play version coming." As a diehard Division fan, nothing in the pipeline is exciting to me.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I can't believe how many GAAS Ubisoft has had cooking in the oven since they got immensely lucky with Siege, and they eventually get mercy killed before release or whither after launch. Whenever there's stirrings or announcements about new multiplayer Ubisoft projects, I feel like I can already see the upcoming headlines like this.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
They should've just scrapped this as div 2 expansion instead of NY again and focused on div 3 and the Mobile game

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
They fumbled the DZ(s) in Div 2 pretty badly too and failed to separate PVP from PVE balancing systems that pissed off everyone, good luck Ubisoft.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Second game, not as big a hit, but still huge sales - it was a fantastic game in a lot of ways, but really interesting that they decided not to bring over the two most distinctive elements of the game: the winter setting and Survival mode, which was one of the first of such modes in a game and had so much room to expand.

Clearly The Division 3 would've been a big hit, again, but Ubisoft execs surprised the team with last minute "keep on working on the Division 2, plus we're making a mobile game, and also, there's a free to play version coming." As a diehard Division fan, nothing in the pipeline is exciting to me.
Forreal. This series had so much potential but Ubisoft deciding on trying to expand The Division by making it a multi-tier franchise with all these other spinoffs has killed every single bit of momentum The Division had as a franchise. I don't wanna act like the series was perfect but it's arguably one of the only live-service video games I've ever enjoyed outside of Destiny 1 & Destiny 2. You'd think they'd want to capitalize on everyone calling for either a new location or a return to New York as the big next step for the franchise instead of trying to force out a spinoff like The Division Heartlands but here we are, I guess. It's gonna be an unfortunate situation if this project predictably fails to stick the landing given that it'll likely lead to more layoffs instead of everyone immediately being thrown onto The Division 3 like everyone's wanted for almost 2 years now.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Most of the alpha feedback on Reddit was "what exactly am I working towards?"

Sounded like there's no endgame and the only fun thing to do is just go around and kill people.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Oh mean that way with MTX and stuff liek that. Gotcha. I thought it gonna be something like Suicide Squad. i was scared. XD
That and of course they have seasons, themed events, a lot of community interation in the game, and it is rumoured to have a cosmetic BP. They do have a dedicated mp game coming at some point as well.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Are you thinking of a different game? Because Skills, talents, and weapon stats are absolutely altered and scaled different in pvp areas in D2.

Doubt it, PVE to PVP stats being normalised by modifiers and scale is different though from keeping PVE and PVP balancing systems separate, such as Massive trying to curb tanky builds in the DZ (at a time when tank builds were pretty unviable in PVE anyway) or the flat True Patriot nerf translating to an awful experience for PVE builds.

Sure it's changed up since to some extent after WONY, but this through 2019-20 combined with the separate, small DZs filled with gank squads absoutely killed the DZ for Div 2, which leaves me with little faith for what Heartland or Div 3 will bring on that front.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Doubt it, PVE to PVP stats being normalised by modifiers and scale is different though from keeping PVE and PVP balancing systems separate, such as Massive trying to curb tanky builds in the DZ (at a time when tank builds were pretty unviable in PVE anyway) or the flat True Patriot nerf translating to an awful experience for PVE builds.

Sure it's changed up since to some extent after WONY, but this through 2019-20 combined with the separate, small DZs filled with gank squads absoutely killed the DZ for Div 2, which leaves me with little faith for what Heartland or Div 3 will bring on that front.
Yeah, Division 2 had some really rough patches in terms of balance in PVE higher difficulties and PVP in general, and the PVP/PVEVP side of the game seemed like a big downgrade.

The mission designs were great, a lot of the systems became great, a lot of modes added, etc. A really strong game overall, with some very clear ways to make the 3rd game a banger.

PleaseBeKind

Oct 31, 2023
I wonder which will release first, Division Heartland or Division The Movie🤔
Oh yeah and there is still the mobile game, lmao
The movie was low key "canceled", the last time I heard of it? Not formally canceled but they kind of never made any progress after they announced the cast so it's in a limbo

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I'm just waiting for The Division 3 from Massive at this point. Nothing of what they showed from Heartland looked promising.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
the best thing about the beta were the constant pop ups telling you "hey, this isn't actually a Division game, you can't play it like a Division game, here's how to actually play the game, which is a totally different genre with a Division skin on it"

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Not liking it is not the same as it not existing which is what you said and what I addressed. The game has separate PVP balancing and I doubt that will change in the future unless they want to eat mountains of shit.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Forreal. This series had so much potential but Ubisoft deciding on trying to expand The Division by making it a multi-tier franchise with all these other spinoffs has killed every single bit of momentum The Division had as a franchise. I don't wanna act like the series was perfect but it's arguably one of the only live-service video games I've ever enjoyed outside of Destiny 1 & Destiny 2. You'd think they'd want to capitalize on everyone calling for either a new location or a return to New York as the big next step for the franchise instead of trying to force out a spinoff like The Division Heartlands but here we are, I guess. It's gonna be an unfortunate situation if this project predictably fails to stick the landing given that it'll likely lead to more layoffs instead of everyone immediately being thrown onto The Division 3 like everyone's wanted for almost 2 years now.

I'd happily pop back in for a Division 3. I have no interest in whatever this Heartland thing is.

Ubisoft is pretty great at fumbling their IP.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
I'd be all up for some Division 3 in an American heartland setting. It's ripe for some cool firefights set in a post-slump ex-logging town or something.
And you could put in some Deliverance / Texas Chainsaw shit for giggles and variety.
But nothing Ubisoft was trying to sell me on the gameplay loop of Heartland sounded like something I wanted to play. It just didn't seem solo-able, and also sounded like an endless resource grind. Waste of a cool setting IMO.

I hope they take what they have and re-work it into Div 3.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Survival in D1 is still some of the highest highs i've ever had in the a video game.

The way they ran this franchise is a fuckin shame.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

. You'd think they'd want to capitalize on everyone calling for either a new location or a return to New York as the big next step for the franchise instead of trying to force out a spinoff like The Division Heartlands but here we are, I guess. It's gonna be an unfortunate situation if this project predictably fails to stick the landing given that it'll likely lead to more layoffs instead of everyone immediately being thrown onto The Division 3 like everyone's wanted for almost 2 years now.
They announced The Division 3 ages ago.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I know. I would've preferred The Division 3 being further into production than having the last minute Division 2 stuff, mobile game, The Heartland (which seems to be bad according to what's being teased here). It's not about it being announced ages ago, it's about that I would've preferred them focusing on that more than all of this other spinoff stuff.
I know it got announced, but last minute Division 2 content, Heartland, mobile game and movie were all supposed to drop before it. And all seem like they are taking away resources (and as importantly momentum, especially form the biggest fans of the series).
If anything the studio having to work on Star Wars Outlaws and Avatar most likely are did far more to "delay" the project.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

honestly I was surprised Division 2 came out as soon as it did, not like super surprised but back in Division 1's heyday I thought that was something way way off. I guess you could argue they saw sells dropping off with the DLC and overall playerbase but Division 2 in spite of it's issues seemed like it had been cooking quite awhile, even "late" as the 2019 launch