• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given the Switch's success I doubt third parties will be late to the party this go-around. Good to hear from Henderson though

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping this is the case. Nintendo did great job breaking down the "nintendo consoles are for nintendo games" mindset. Still plenty of room for improvement.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I really hope so, I intend to get it around launch after skipping the switch 1 and having it be a competent hardware this time around would do great to convince me.

B-Komachi

Alt account
Banned
Sep 25, 2023
I believe it, the Switch was a huge success and third parties did well on it. Why wouldn't they support a follow up that can play more of their games?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
NiNtEnDo nEvuR fOcuSes oN tEcH.

Been telling people this isn't a 1:1 situation of PS4/XB1 and Switch.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Pretty crazy that Nintendo went from being radioactive to third parties by the end of the Wii U era to arguably their most third party friendly console of all time. Putting your game on the successor if it can run feels like a no brainer and I didn't think we'd ever see that again for Nintendo.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Finally a strong Nintendo console, wont be needing to buy a PS5 anymore, ill just stick to my PC + Switch combo.
This is currently my mindset after investing into a PC earlier this year. Already sold my Series X and I'm really thinking bout selling my PS5 after I get my SpiderMan 2 fix.

Would be nice just having a PC and Switch 2. Hope these rumors pan out

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nice. It will be awesome to see "coming to everything" soon.

It will be kind of like the 6th generation again, but much better.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Sure to help with the adoption of DLSS in more PC games too.

New era of Nintendo on the horizon. I am pumped for it.

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest one would be GTA6. Beyond it even coming out, with RDR1, classic GTA and RDR2 rumored for switch, it would be wild if switch 2 gets the next mainline GTA on day 1

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
as along as it is powerful enough to be compared to a PS4, every major third party hame is gonna launch on Switch 2, skipping it is pure madness.
We are gonna witness a 10 years long cross-gen

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna feel weird being hyped up for Switch 2 from a tech perspective rather than just because its the new Nintendo console to have (not that the Switch wasn't impressive when it first came out, but yea)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I fucking hope so, Switch was dominating the market for years and the 3rd party situation didn't improve that much.
We even got GameFreak doubting about the Switch ! That tells a lot.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely not going to play most games on Switch 2 because I have zero interest in portability, but it'll definitely help them sell better overall.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
I don't know if it will be happy or excited to not see the PS5, Xbox Series X and soon the PS5 Pro unexploited power. We just leave the previous gen...

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
as along as it is powerful enough to be compared to a PS4, every major third party hame is gonna launch on Switch 2, skipping it is pure madness.
We are gonna witness a 10 years long cross-gen

I don't know if it will be happy or excited to not see the PS5, Xbox Series X and soon the PS5 Pro unexploited power.
As long as the CPU is better than a PS4 (which there is no reason to think it would not be), games that target it will not hold back the higher end systems. Graphics are scalable and was never the issue.

How do you know it'll be downgraded from the XSS?
Do you think it is realistic to assume that the hardware will be on par with the XSS?