OP
OP
Bishop89

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Bethesda trademark offers Doom hint, as suggestion of an imminent reveal swirls

A trademark for what looks to be a new Doom game has resurfaced after originally being filed by Bethesda back in January, as the suggestion of a reveal in a few weeks' time now swirls.

The pending trademark, filed in the US, is titled "IDKFA" - a well-known cheat code used in the Doom series.

This isn't the first we've heard of a new Doom game being in development. A project referred to as "Doom: Year Zero" was named in a release schedule accidentally shared by Microsoft last year, in documents pertaining to its Activision Blizzard FTC court case. (That document also mentioned Ghostwire: Tokyo and Dishonored sequels, which sadly seem likely to no longer be happening.)

ArcticWolf

Nov 29, 2022
I kind of hope with it being called "Doom Year Zero" implies some kind of radical shift to the way Doom was by targeting that spot of FPS games from 1993-1997.

I love my Half-Likes, Slaughter Map shooters, Arena shooters and any other kind of pre "Modern shooter" FPS games but no one's really made a AAA Doom-like since.

Heck with Machine Games phenominal work on two Quake 1 campaigns showed at least its an ability not lost to them.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope with it being called "Doom Year Zero" implies some kind of radical shift to the way Doom was by targeting that spot of FPS games from 1993-1997.
Or it's the same gameplay loop from Eternal, except Doom guy is a newborn toddler (hence "year zero") and we thus play from a smaller vantage point.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Doom Year Zero character leaked

810032f10f8abf3c813cd51a6ac5db88.gif