Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
oh good, I'm actually more interested in IV-VI. Never played them and I always get a kick out of exploring the lesser appreciated entries of a beloved series.

Oct 28, 2017
Technical issues aside, it's what I what from a remastered title. Being able to switch from classic to remastered on the fly.

Jun 1, 2023
Glad to hear, it's deserved IMO! Was too young to appreciate the games when they were new but have been really enjoying playing through the collection.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
tumblr_ov910sPDno1qkq7tbo1_540.gifv

She did it!

420blzUP

Oct 6, 2022
My GOTY! Would love for this team to remake 4, 5 and continue with smaller classic style TR games.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear that. I bought the collection day one but haven't started it up yet. I like Tomb Raider 4-6 more though so hopefully we get that. Angel of Darkness is probably the best one in the old series, rivaled by The Last Revelation.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I was planning on picking this up some time this year anyway, but I just got into a retro kick so ill be adding to their sales figures come Tuesday.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I would love for some more classic Tomb Raider action. Maybe even some indie 'clones' with different assets and protagonist.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
New retro tomb raider game, plz! (something similar like Sonic Mania)
The dream. Just use this engine, it doesn't have to be fancy.

Or very wild idea, port the Level Editor.

I hope this means The Last Revelation and Chronicles will get the same work done.
I think it's a lock in.

TR4-5-6 have their stories directly linked, so that's probably why they separated it out like this. I wonder if they will go for an even more elaborate remake/remaster of 4-6, especially if they are going to do 6.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
TR4-5-6 have their stories directly linked, so that's probably why they separated it out like this. I wonder if they will go for an even more elaborate remake/remaster of 4-6, especially if they are going to do 6.

The Last Revelations and Chronicles I think are very likely. In the same model as the first three.

Angels of Darkness is virtually impossible.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Why, not only because it's the most disastrous Tomb Raider game ever, but it runs in a different engine that would take way more work to remaster. And a simple remaster wouldn't be enough as the game is broken. So even more work needed.

In short, it's a game that few people would want and it would take much more work to release it in a acceptable state.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar

Why, not only because it's the most disastrous Tomb Raider game ever, but it runs in a different engine that would take way more work to remaster. And a simple remaster wouldn't be enough as the game is broken. So even more work needed.

In short, it's a game that few people would want and it would take much more work to release it in a acceptable state.
I think if they do 6 it has to be more than a 1:1 graphical remaster.

I said it in the TR Trilogy OT, it would need to be "what if TR6 was re-imagined in the style of 1-5".

teruterubozu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved. They went the extra mile with this remaster. It had its weird quirks and anomalies you had to wade through but that's pretty much how the original games were too.

parasite2

Oct 22, 2020
So I never played any Tomb Raider but I loved the movie with Angelina Jolie when I was growing up. If I only have a Switch is this the best game to play? Or the Lara Croft Collection is better?

Dusker

Jul 6, 2018
Really great to hear. What I would pay for a new TR with the globe trotting of the originals where each destination is an intricately designed playground similar to Hitman but focused on puzzles and platforming. One can only dream.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
So I never played any Tomb Raider but I loved the movie with Angelina Jolie when I was growing up. If I only have a Switch is this the best game to play? Or the Lara Croft Collection is better?
This would be the one to get. Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris in the Lara Croft Collection are also good, but don't play like a traditional Tomb Raider. I'd still recommend trying them out at some point, especially if you like isometric action games.

Hopefully they eventually remaster the Legend trilogy because those games would be perfect for you as they were essentially based on the Jolie movies.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I think it would probably be wiser to skip to the Legends Trilogy and while we're at it give us current gen ports of the Survivor Trilogy.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Had a feeling that it did better than they expected. I just want a remaster of The Last Revelation, though a remaster of the next three games would be nice too.

TGB86

Jan 27, 2021
It's odd that this has yet to see a sale on Switch. Every other platform has gotten a 25% discount at some point.