sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Check and see what you paid to make sure you didn't buy the $50 version. If you only paid the $10, considering yourself fortunate to have a good upgrade!

ninja edit: actually, it may have been if you already owned the Deluxe version that it simply upgraded you to it flat out on the store, since you only had to add to library. It's definitely not supposed wot work like that but hey.

Already did check via the emails you automatically get.

Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle (Demo) $10.00 (this morning)

Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle (Game) $0.00 (a couple hours ago)

I think there was/is some weird glitch on the website, which is where I added the Game to my Library. the upgrade I did on the console. Maybe the license will get revoked? If that's even applicable.

Edit: I did not own any kind of digital anything. Merely the standard PS4 disc. Which I bought for $17, actually, pre-owned from GameFly.

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I can confirm I've also got the full digital ps5 game (no disc needed) for free after paying for the upgrade. I have the ps4 disc (no digital ps4 version) and bought the $10 upgrade on the store when I put in the disc. That entitled me to: Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle (Demo)
Which said I needed to have the disc in whenever playing it.

I then went onto the PSN Store on the web and searched Tony Hawk and found the ps5 bundle again and it had two versions. The first is the upgrade I just paid for (it said purchased) the other version said free next to it, so I clicked 'Add to library' and now I have this: Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle (Game) $0.00

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm I've also got the full digital ps5 game (no disc needed) for free after paying for the upgrade. I have the ps4 disc (no digital ps4 version) and bought the $10 upgrade on the store when I put in the disc. That entitled me to: Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle (Demo)
Which said I needed to have the disc in whenever playing it.

I then went onto the PSN Store on the web and searched Tony Hawk and found the ps5 bundle again and it had two versions. The first is the upgrade I just paid for (it said purchased) the other version said free next to it, so I clicked 'Add to library' and now I have this: Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 - Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle (Game) $0.00

you did this just now? Based on my rough directions?

Either way, we're gonna get our shit revoked somehow, haha.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to buy the upgrade (I have the digital PS4 version) so reading some comments here helped me a lot to not be tempted! I also discovered that I'm not really excited to play the game anymore lol.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
lighting seems to be broken on ps5. skatestreet and new york (both thps 2 levels) have areas where the lighting goes nuts and is way too bright (best example: new york, the lower portion with the fountain). on ps4, that area looks fine. on ps5, its overlit and way, WAY too bright. it just looks blown out. that seems to be a general problem.

i dont really know what is going on here but i hope df talks about it (if they make a video at all). after playing many hours on ps5, i can safely say that the ps4 version (played on ps5) is the better option.

Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
lighting seems to be broken on ps5. skatestreet and new york (both thps 2 levels) have areas where the lighting goes nuts and is way too bright (best example: new york, the lower portion with the fountain). on ps4, that area looks fine. on ps5, its overlit and way, WAY too bright. it just looks blown out. that seems to be a general problem.

i dont really know what is going on here but i hope df talks about it (if they make a video at all). after playing many hours on ps5, i can safely say that the ps4 version (played on ps5) is the better option.
When i have hit offline mode to get my Series X version running, lighting seemed off to me also. Some extremely dark areas. Venice Beach was one level i loaded and it was very tough to see.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
When i have hit offline mode to get my Series X version running, lighting seemed off to me also. Some extremely dark areas. Venice Beach was one level i loaded and it was very tough to see.
yeah, venice is very dark. and its not just the lighting, hdr is also fucked up. no matter what the setting are: black is never black. its always grey-ish. which makes the game look milky and washed out. ps4 version looks so much better in hdr, its crazy.

Oct 28, 2017
I regret paying for the upgrade.

The 4k 60fps mode looks marginally sharper, and that's it. The 120 fps mode is nice, but I don't think it's worth the asking price.

All in all, this should've clearly been a free upgrade.
Tony Hawk is maybe my most played gaming franchise of all time and even i think this may be the worst $10 i have ever spent. Yes its sharper and has slightly more responsive controls. But damn. Activision just put out a great 120 patch for Overwatch too. And Crash.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, venice is very dark. and its not just the lighting, hdr is also fucked up. no matter what the setting are: black is never black. its always grey-ish. which makes the game look milky and washed out. ps4 version looks so much better in hdr, its crazy.
Ok I'm glad it's not just me that's finding the hdr a bit weird. It doesn't look BAD and I'm enjoying the PS5 version still but it looks really off and different to the PS4 version's colours.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm glad it's not just me that's finding the hdr a bit weird. It doesn't look BAD and I'm enjoying the PS5 version still but it looks really off and different to the PS4 version's colours.
its also not just an hdr problem. it also looks fucked when hdr is turned off (systems side on the ps5). skatestreet is so awful, it constantly switches from too bright into too dark, depending on where you are on the map (both in hdr and sdr).

Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
its also not just an hdr problem. it also looks fucked when hdr is turned off (systems side on the ps5). skatestreet is so awful, it constantly switches from too bright into too dark, depending on where you are on the map (both in hdr and sdr).
Yeah I cant play in HDR as my TV lags a bit which kills it completely. Only use game mode SDR and the picture looked fine on the Xbox One version.

I figure I can probably tweak the lighting to fix it. But my offline mode kept logging me out as my kids Xbox is set to home so he can play all my games.

Oct 27, 2017
WTF? Just downloaded this on the XSX. It locked up on me on the first menu where you select your mode. 4 times in a row now.

Bought this a while ago with the next gen upgrade. Can't wait to play it.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this is just totally broken on Series X. While in offline mode I can get into a level, but it still crashes after 15-30 seconds. Ugh.

CyberWarrior

Oct 29, 2018
Anyone mind checking the file size of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 for PS5? Trying to keep a tab on the game file sizes and what to have on the internal SSD.

Returners

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone mind checking the file size of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 for PS5? Trying to keep a tab on the game file sizes and what to have on the internal SSD.

23.41GB on mine.

Seems to be a bug where redeeming the PS5 cross gen upgrade unlocked the base game key in the store. (and subsequently remove the need for the disc on both PS4 and PS5 versions)

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
$10 to save an 4 extra seconds while loading.

a604rad7j4651.png

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017

Yes, I can confirm HDR is messed up. I immediately noticed the previously all-black loading screen was grey. (Oled set)

And to think this is a paid upgrade...

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Returned home from work after deleting the XB1 client and downloading the Series X client while I was away. Happy to report no issues with crashing on my end on Series X, and 120fps mode is sooooo smooth. I was just playing the XB1 version heavily last week (maxed out two skaters) and the new rumble is WAY more intense and more responsive to the environment. I know people were saying Dual Sense is no big deal but I do feel like the upgrades to the way the controller rumble works on Xbox is really good -- it rumbles intensely when moving vehicles are approaching, it has stronger feed back for landings, etc, very cool.

CyberWarrior

Oct 29, 2018
23.41GB on mine.

Seems to be a bug where redeeming the PS5 cross gen upgrade unlocked the base game key in the store. (and subsequently remove the need for the disc on both PS4 and PS5 versions)
Bless ya man. Thank you. I wish there could be a Mega Thread here with PS5 and PS4 files sizes, especially after updates or with expansions so people like me can properly organize their storage now seeing it may be an issue soon (I already will have about 200 gigs filled assuming Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade isn't compressed and remains around 100 gigs on PS5).

Shane M

Avenger
Jan 1, 2018
Thorold, Ontario, Canada
I can barely ever get into a game before it freezes on Xbox Series X. Reinstalling the good last-gen version, this cheap port sucks.

For once I'm so glad this isn't a Smart Delivery game.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Played the new XS version for a couple hours, no crashes or issues whatsoever. Very strange that it seems to be incredibly unstable for some but not others.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Re: haptics

There's nothing mindblowing, but the manuals and ollie feel good.

Activity Cards actually seem perfect, getting you into multiplayer modes quickly.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I can confirm HDR is messed up. I immediately noticed the previously all-black loading screen was grey. (Oled set)

And to think this is a paid upgrade...
and its activision, so they will probably never fix this (unless there is another remaster/upgrade coming).
my only hope is that digital foundry will take a look at it, so that it might get activisions attention.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had the deluxe version so I got the upgrade for free, but this is absolutely not worth a $10 upgrade fee. Pure cash grab from Activision, the upgrades are so minimal.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had the deluxe version so I got the upgrade for free, but this is absolutely not worth a $10 upgrade fee. Pure cash grab from Activision, the upgrades are so minimal.
The 120fps mode is legitimately transformative I think if you have a display to try that on, it's hard for me to go back to 60fps in this now.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Played through a complete solo tour on PS5. The three definite improvements are the sharpness, vibration, and load times. On the PS4 version, far away objects would look kind of shimmery/low-res, but this fixes that, at least in fidelity mode. The vibration on the Dualsense in the PS4 version felt off, but the vibration feels really good now.

The trigger effect was an instant disable, anything that can slow you down in these kind of games is not a good idea. Echoing all the comments about the HDR being busted. The levels that seem the worst to me are NYC and Skatestreet. Honestly have no idea how it passed testing, it is incredibly jarring. (And there's no way to turn it off except by changing the setting on your TV?)

I do like the few minor improvements they've made, but especially with the broken HDR it is quite an insult they are charging for this.

Alas, this is still one of the best games ever made. Looking forward to THPS 3 eventually, hopefully...

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The video posted earlier showed two loading time comparisons, one instance was 10 seconds faster on PS5 and the other was 20 seconds faster on PS5. Do y'all have PS4s that load really fast or PS5s that load slow? What's going on?
It'll probably turn out they ARE playing the PS4 version.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't claim to be an expert at all, but are folks that take issue with the HDR here have OLEDs and do they set the lower end of the contrast in the settings to absolute 0 or do they follow the on-screen instructions? I thought I learned from HDTVTest that if you're playing on an LG OLED and using the HGIG setting, you're better off just setting to absolute 0 (i.e., turn it all the way down and ignore the on-screen prompt) to tell the game that your display is capable of absolute 0 -- the on-screen prompts are meant for TVs with backlight zones to approach those TVs' line of best fit for contrast.

That said, that's what I've been doing and HDR still looks fine to me from the previous version, but again I'm not an expert -- just following the advice and rationale I picked up from HDTVtest. I'm playing Tony Hawk on Xbox Series X, for context.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I was excited for this and bought it, but after reading this thread I think I'll wait for a patch or comment from Activision. It's giving me flashbacks to when The Witcher 3 got Xbox One X enhancements that broke the lighting

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
I bought this and the game is great. Takes me back to the days where I played THPS2 on dreamcast.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I have such a hard time noticing 120fps now in this game and other next gen ones I wonder if it's me or if I just need more time with them.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have Tony Hawk 2X so it's hard to justify pulling the trigger but I'm really close to doing it.