BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
This show was easily a 10/10. Thank you for the OP. Never would've found it otherwise.

So based on all the loose ends, there's def. a S02 in the works, yeah?

Batshit crazy show. Loved the Twin Peaks vibes throughout.

Also, Miles Teller hit this outta the park, as restrained as he was. Now go watch Whiplash.

Last edited:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It is a miracle the season we got even exists. Refn got away with something, away being the key word.
I was so expecting everyone to meet up with the cartel and THPOD to switch sides/join Viggo's group which I believe was hinted at. I think refn could've easily got all this done in 1 more 1:30 episode.

Another season would be better for that tho.

All things considered, it ended in the right spot for a possible continuation of any kind.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the show. Really enjoyed it but i feel like the reverse of most people in this thread, lol. I found everything surrounding Martin to be the worst parts of the show honestly, even if the whole ep 5 was good, but i don't love it as much as some others here. Really liked the Jesus and Yaritza story however, and everything surrounding Viggo (Why do you guys hate that trailer scene in ep 9? shit was bonkers good).

Don't think i'll ever come back to this though, out of select scenes. But i rarely rewatch tv-shows unless it's lighthearted comedy shows i watch when i fall asleep, or Twin Peaks and Deadwood.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Yeah Amazon buried this show hard and gave it absolutely zero press so really hope we hear some behind the scene details one day. Like I'm shocked they approved half of what goes on when the boys had to censor a masturbation scene lol.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah how the hell did this even get made in the first place? It's like Refn saw The Return and was like "nah fuck that normie shit im gonna reach peak arthouse bullshit on tv" and somehow got money to make this.

I mean i'm happy it exists but how the fuck

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the show. Really enjoyed it but i feel like the reverse of most people in this thread, lol. I found everything surrounding Martin to be the worst parts of the show honestly, even if the whole ep 5 was good, but i don't love it as much as some others here. Really liked the Jesus and Yaritza story however, and everything surrounding Viggo (Why do you guys hate that trailer scene in ep 9? shit was bonkers good).

Stylistically that scene looks very off from the rest of the show. There's a story going around he didn't had a lot of money by the end of the production, it's possible he didn't have the budget to do the shootout and it looked kinda schlocky.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
"So in the final episode, we're going to have an EPIC SHOWDOWN between the CARTEL and the [REDACTED] and there'll be guns and gore and DRAMA and-"
"Uh, boss..."
"What?"
"We're out of money"
"Fuck. Can we have Jena Malone dance around for 15 minutes?"
"Uh, sure, I guess..."
"Action!"