• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Do it, it's about a girl who has a really hard time speaking in front of people, so everyone thinks she's some untouchable ice queen beauty, when really she just wants to have a normal school life with her friends.

Every character is pretty much some random high school manga stereotype but for the most part they're pretty fun (there's an obsessive yandere girl who I could do without tho).
The male lead is random guy #12 from a romcom, but he's so pure.
unlike most male harem leads who have a harem because they're "nice", Tadano is actually just a really nice guy, and surprise that doesn't mean he has a harem.

Komi has the harem.
Alright, this sounds like it's a stand out among the sea of rom-com manga. Plus crimsonECHIDNA was absolutely spot-on with recommending ReLife, so it sounds like this is gonna be up my alley, especially as someone who had trouble with communication/trying to figure out how to communicate my thoughts into feelings.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I had already gone back to the office just to change my avatar to this and by the time I refreshed the page to show my new avatar guy who barely speaks or does anything in MHA Season 1 had posted that, Thereby changing the future.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
The best Naruto product released.
giphy.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
yay for having two 7-11 stores only like 2-3 minutes apart on 7/11

Also from Toonami's Facebook:

"If you're already pumped up about Comic Con, you might just want to sit down for this. Toonami is excited to announce that following our Pre-Flight live stream on Saturday, July 21st at 7:15p, there will be an exclusive performance by the pillows! Get ready to jam out following Pre-Flight at the Adult Swim State Park. Find out more info at www.adultswim.com/presents/sdcc-18/"

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
yay for having two 7-11 stores only like 2-3 minutes apart on 7/11

Also from Toonami's Facebook:

"If you're already pumped up about Comic Con, you might just want to sit down for this. Toonami is excited to announce that following our Pre-Flight live stream on Saturday, July 21st at 7:15p, there will be an exclusive performance by the pillows! Get ready to jam out following Pre-Flight at the Adult Swim State Park. Find out more info at www.adultswim.com/presents/sdcc-18/"
Never really gone to a 7-11 before...and it's right across from my neighborhood. Any decent/possibly good things I could get there?

Speaking of that (FLCL), what was the Haruko line that Kari Wahlgren was speaking about for us to look out for? Was it 'cock-blocker' or something? Or maybe it happens during Alternative...?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Never really gone to a 7-11 before...and it's right across from my neighborhood. Any decent/possibly good things I could get there?
Since today's 7/11, it's free slushee day, so I tried a new flavor that's basically a Cap'n Crunch Berries flavor. But aside from that, it's pretty much like your normal gas station/quick food store place. I heard that's where they might have those Taco Bell chips because for the life of me, I cannot find a place that sells those damn things.

Also about 10 chapters in this Komi-san Can't Communicate. So it's basically Kimi no Todoke except the main girl is WAAAAY worse about communicating & a bit more shonen than shojo. Yup, I'm on board.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Since today's 7/11, it's free slushee day, so I tried a new flavor that's basically a Cap'n Crunch Berries flavor. But aside from that, it's pretty much like your normal gas station/quick food store place. I heard that's where they might have those Taco Bell chips because for the life of me, I cannot find a place that sells those damn things.

Also about 10 chapters in this Komi-san Can't Communicate. So it's basically Kimi no Todoke except the main girl is WAAAAY worse about communicating & a bit more shonen than shojo. Yup, I'm on board.

I'd also recommend Duke Of Death & His Black Maid. It's pretty cute despite being about something kinda bad. Ostracized young duke lives alone with his maid because he's been cursed by a witch to have a touch of death. So it's just his daily life and having a crush on his maid (who also likes him back and likes to tease him). It's pretty chill despite the name and premise.

Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read The Room is fun as well. it can get a little drama-y but usually undercuts it with some goofiness. It's about a girl trying to understand why she's so drawn to the weird kid in the class who hardly ever talks and seems oblivious to everything around him. It's more comedy-romance than romance-comedy, tho.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'd also recommend Duke Of Death & His Black Maid. It's pretty cute despite being about something kinda bad. Ostracized young duke lives alone with his maid because he's been cursed by a witch to have a touch of death. So it's just his daily life and having a crush on his maid (who also likes him back and likes to tease him). It's pretty chill despite the name and premise.

Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read The Room is fun as well. it can get a little drama-y but usually undercuts it with some goofiness. It's about a girl trying to understand why she's so drawn to the weird kid in the class who hardly ever talks and seems oblivious to everything around him. It's more comedy-romance than romance-comedy, tho.
I'm totally okay with comedy overpowering the romance, as long as it's good. I'll give the Kuzumi one a look as well.

Also yay, Octopath Traveler shipped from BB. Kind of been in a lull with no new games lately, so it'll be nice to have a big RPG not to mention Sonic Mania Plus next week.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, this sounds like it's a stand out among the sea of rom-com manga. Plus crimsonECHIDNA was absolutely spot-on with recommending ReLife, so it sounds like this is gonna be up my alley, especially as someone who had trouble with communication/trying to figure out how to communicate my thoughts into feelings.
Komi and Kaguya are easily the two best romcoms being published right now.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
How do you even wrap up Tsuredure Children?

Shame it's ending now, I was hoping for another season.
The last batch of episodes are basically conclusions to each group of people & at the very least, it's neat that the last chapter concludes with the boy & girl who were introduced in the very first chapter. But considering it's a huge group of characters, it would've been rather hard to make a chapter involving everyone considering the 4koma structure, so you basically gotta go all Lord of the Rings & have like 10 endings. But yeah, they have more than enough material for a 2nd season, especially since they can adapt the entire series now.

Also omg, a chapter of Komi-san focusing on the anxiety of fearing what you said was misunderstood, I KNOW THAT FEELING TOO WELL

Edit: OH HELL YEAH, I might get Octopath a day earlier, which means I can play it on my night off.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I was just browsing twitter, and it's funny with the whole Thunder Cats Roar fiasco that Rise of the TMNT's animation looks like it's actually going to be pretty great.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey, so know how Leo's main defining trait is that he's the leader?"

"Yup"

"So what if we DIDN'T make him the leader, thus removing every personality trait he has!!"

"Um, no, that's kind of...."

"Okay, so what if we made him Mikey-lite!"

"But...we still have Michelangelo..."

I dunno, I don't mind the idea of switching the leader, but let's face it, that was basically the thing that defined Leo in the previous entries.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
but it didn't have the reach of Don's stick in the video games, therefore Don is the best because of his range

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is with all western shows that revolve around using swords is he's only going to be able to use it on ghosts and robots.

It's the major story telling flaw that has killed western action cartoons.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
nah, bro

it's a sword that shoots lasers & goes pew pew

it's the opposite of violent, so it's a-ok to put in a kid's cartoon

no problem

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Why are laser guns okay in kids cartoons but normal guns aren't? Wouldn't they be just as deadly?

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey, so know how Leo's main defining trait is that he's the leader?"

"Yup"

"So what if we DIDN'T make him the leader, thus removing every personality trait he has!!"

"Um, no, that's kind of...."

"Okay, so what if we made him Mikey-lite!"

"But...we still have Michelangelo..."

I dunno, I don't mind the idea of switching the leader, but let's face it, that was basically the thing that defined Leo in the previous entries.
You could switch out Don for Leo and Machines for leader in that, and it would still apply to him just as well. So Leo stays the best Turtle.

Though I can't say I enjoy Leo being a Mikey clone fused with 80's Raph for the latest incarnation though. I always preferred Leo because he was more of the straight man and most realistic of the team instead of being defined by a single trope like the other ones were.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is with all western shows that revolve around using swords is he's only going to be able to use it on ghosts and robots.

It's the major story telling flaw that has killed western action cartoons.
The solution, as found by Samurai Jack is to treat the robots exactly like their human.

You can easily have the same thematic and emotional range that way.

Oct 25, 2017

I like how this was perfectly okay back in the day just because it happened to robots.

It's really surprising that it aired without a hitch.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
remember, kids

red blood = baaaaaaaaaaaad
green, blue, black, orange, yellow, or any other colored blood = perfectly okay!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I like how this was perfectly okay back in the day just because it happened to robots.

It's really surprising that it aired without a hitch.

Robots aren't people duh

I wonder if in Clone Wars besides being meant for more mature audience that the fact the Republic uses clones meant they kill them as much as they

Because oh boy do the clones suffer the worst deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.