Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 2 DLC is also quite amazing.

I'm really happy with Nintendo's E3. They made a Mario Party game that looked good, something I never expected again in my life, same with Tennis. Octopath Traveler will go along with FFV Job Fiesta to make this summer one of Job Classes. Three Houses looks like the sequel to Radiant Dawn. Let's Go Eevee blew me away. Smash has everyone. Torna is basically Xenoblade Chronicles 2.5 (Or 1.999) This is what I'm playing the next few months/about a year, and its not even going to cost me that much money.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Three Houses looks like the sequel to Radiant Dawn.
Wait, really? Like a true sequel or more of a spiritual successor? I haven't been paying much attention to Three Houses (FE kinda lost me around Fates), but Radiant Dawn is one of my favorite games. Just mentioning Radiant Dawn is one of the fastest ways to get my attention.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Visually it looks like PoR/RD, only more refined. Doesn't have the tone that Awakening/Fates/Echoes has.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I really do like the final episode of DBZ. I haven't seen it in ages at this point.
i've never seen it

I saw no reason to keep going after the Buu arc was done, it just seemed unnecessary

still does at this point

maybe the next episode is like super awesome and that's why people seem to care about Uub?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I used to care about Uub....and then i watched him become Goku's second biggest disappointment in GT

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Uub is potentially interesting. There's not much to him currently, but that's what tends to happen when you've only been in two episodes ever.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
I used to care about Uub....and then i watched him become Goku's second biggest disappointment in GT

I feel like Super completely undermine the significance of Uub. Like the big thing is Uub was originally meant to be the reincarnation of the strongest warrior (Kid Buu) that Goku has ever fought. And now the power escalation of Super sets in, and it's only going to get worse in the final arc. lol

So the idea that Goku finally finds his ideal training partner and protege in Uub just doesn't have the same weight.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Super undermines Uub at all. This is a kid that has Buu level power by default. His potential should still be higher than Goku.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Super completely undermine the significance of Uub. Like the big thing is Uub was originally meant to be the reincarnation of the strongest warrior (Kid Buu) that Goku has ever fought. And now the power escalation of Super sets in, and it's only going to get worse in the final arc. lol

So the idea that Goku finally finds his ideal training partner and protege in Uub just doesn't have the same weight.

Also the show gave us a better potential protege too :3

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Next arc antagonist makes zamasu and black look like chumps

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
So many people whined so much about power levels "not making sense" back when Super's next arc was still airing in Japan. As if they haven't been completely arbitrary from day one.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So many people whined so much about power levels "not making sense" back when Super's next arc was still airing in Japan. As if they haven't been completely arbitrary from day one.
Part of the reason I love the next arc is how it says fuck your power levels we just wanna see cool fights

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of power level complaining is the hoops people jump through to argue that highly experienced adult warriors don't deserve a power up that a six year old child gained accidentally.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of power level complaining is the hoops people jump through to argue that highly experienced adult warriors don't deserve a power up that a six year old child gained accidentally.
I bet we're not going to get the usual db drama here considering no one cares about pl here and no breakdown over spirit sword and super saiyan rage

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i always figured the reason that Caulifla was able to transform into a super saiyan 2 so fast was because her body was already strong enough for the transformation and the reason she wasn't able to get it easily later was because of her inexperience compared to the u7 saiyans when they were on that relative level.....also i bet this thread barely bats an eye when the back tingles are brought up

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
i always figured the reason that Caulifla was able to transform into a super saiyan 2 so fast was because her body was already strong enough for the transformation and the reason she wasn't able to get it easily later was because of her inexperience compared to the u7 saiyans when they were on that relative level.....also i bet this thread barely bats an eye when the back tingles are brought up
The only reason it's dumb is that it never came up previously when it would make sense to come up. Sure, it's a retcon, but it's hardly worth the rage some people showed towards it.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get the raging hatred of all retcons ever in anything. There's been some clumsy ones, sure, but so what? Darth Vader being Luke's father is a retcon (and it's extremely obvious that it wasn't the original plan, even to a casual fan), and that's viewed as one of the greatest and most iconic plot twists of all time.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get the raging hatred of all retcons ever in anything. There's been some clumsy ones, sure, but so what? Darth Vader being Luke's father is a retcon (and it's extremely obvious that it wasn't the original plan, even to a casual fan), and that's viewed as one of the greatest and most iconic plot twists of all time.
and leia clearly wasn't supposed to be luke's sister in a new hope either

Oct 25, 2017

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's still some genuinely good moments sprinkled throughout the back half.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
true but the genuinely good moments are completely overshadowed by the absolutely horrible ones...like that confession we just saw from Sakura...or 'he's the coolest guy ever'

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
How are you gonna call somebody cool who murdered your parents.
Ig2xyUD.png

0k5ecyp_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.