• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
So literally the only shows to not get interrupted by randomly placed commercials for me tonight were Dragon Ball Super and Black Clover.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What scene? I only caught HxH.
Tonight's episode of SAO had a villain character who was a woman wearing a mask, and when the mask broke, she started getting all flustered. Kirito starting mansplaining that women can be good fighters too, he's fought several! And he started pointing out her insecurities like how she wears make up. Then the woman got annoyed because Kirito's eyes remind her of her lover or something. It was really strange.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
So that guy is a scout but he's acting like a little bitch. What did be think he would be doin?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
you know it's kinda fucked up that fucking Dragon Ball of all shows is one of the less sexist ones on the block

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tonight's episode of SAO had a villain character who was a woman wearing a mask, and when the mask broke, she started getting all flustered. Kirito starting mansplaining that women can be good fighters too, he's fought several! And he started pointing out her insecurities like how she wears make up. Then the woman got annoyed because Kirito's eyes remind her of her lover or something. It was really strange.
lmao

I never watched past the first episode cause I didn't like how the deaths seemed like "nothing" but also the show just seemed like a poor person's .hack

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna pop in to say Dark Phoenix's trailer line of "Every Hero has a dark side" is some hack nonsense, and I hate it.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
All these European names are so dumb. It reminds me of that screenshot from that NES baseball game with the American names.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 111 - The Ultimate Extra Dimensional Battle! Hit vs Jiren!!
11:30 - My Hero Academia - 50 - End of the Beginning, Beginning of the End
12:00 - The Promised Neverland - 6 - 311045
12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 16 - The Osmanthus Knight
1:00 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 36 - Bites the Dust, Part 2
1:30 - Black Clover - 70 - Two New Stars
2:00 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 31 - Boruto and Kagura
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 250 - Battle in Paradise! The Odd Beast vs. The Monster!
3:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 143 - Sin × And × Claw

3:30 - Attack on Titan - 12 - Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8

Later.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Someone posted this in the Super OT, bad dub of Ultimate Battle aside this is the weirdest... it can't be seizure protection can it? Jiren's shots are all fine, its JUST goku shots.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
ugh clickbait shit

Honestly thought the next time ultra instinct shows up is way better imo

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
anjuro-katagiri-45193.jpg
49AABBE1-F87F-4669-BBEA-8F197F5B7521.jpg

Anjuro Katagiri & Angelo Badalamenti

7a5.jpg

Kosaku-Kira & Leland-BOB

In the manga, we don't see Kira use a hairbrush. Much like with Leland, we're left to assume his hair just suddenly became lighter and Kira himself styled it back into a cornrow off-panel

I think the production staff just wanted an excuse to be able to kinda show off this art of Kira in an episode:

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*reads Black Clover reactions*

Man, sounds like it was an extra stupid episode that aired that somehow managed to top the dumb sexism talk from SAO. I'm SLIGHTLY tempted to see how stupid it gets....ALMOST....

Also holy crap, I just realized I waited since August 2018 to use both the previous & my current avatar (thank you so much again, Plastic Shark), I played the freakin' long game for these reveals.

Can't wait to watch HxH when I wake up.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted this in the Super OT, bad dub of Ultimate Battle aside this is the weirdest... it can't be seizure protection can it? Jiren's shots are all fine, its JUST goku shots.

and just in case you missed it live, the archived episode on AdultSwim.com has the same shitty animation at that part, about 18 minutes in

seriously, what the hell happened?

also the Jiren shots seem to be noticeably darkened, even though the animation framerate didn't take a hit

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
*reads Black Clover reactions*

Man, sounds like it was an extra stupid episode that aired that somehow managed to top the dumb sexism talk from SAO. I'm SLIGHTLY tempted to see how stupid it gets....ALMOST....

Also holy crap, I just realized I waited since August 2018 to use both the previous & my current avatar (thank you so much again, Plastic Shark), I played the freakin' long game for these reveals.

Can't wait to watch HxH when I wake up.
It's an episode about the 'call me captain' lady and drunk witch girl having a contest over yami...it's just as stupid as it sounds

Oct 25, 2017
"Nen is a very detailed and convoluted power system that has clear limitations and if your feeble mind can't understand that then Hunter x Hunter is clearly-"
I can turn into a motorcycle!
"....."

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Omg omg omg

Here it comes here comes the son-

GO GO GO THE DISTANCE

OH NO

THEY FUCKED IT UP

It's not even that the song was dubbed because there are great covers of the song on YouTube but the cover they picked is the worst it's also too quiet

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's a hot blooded shonen song and the singer just doesn't have the pipes for it. And translating cheesy japanese songs always comes off 100x more corny in english.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for this episode and it's pretty much ruined by something as simple as song choice

Honestly I think half the hype was the awesome song without it it's not even as close as exciting

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine when the english singer isn't singing.

Also i kinda feel like Toei forces the english dubbing of all of these songs, Funimation isn't usually one to just go around dubbing songs that much even when it makes a lot of sense, like for the Isekai Quartet OP and ED which are both sung by the japanese voice actors

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine when the english singer isn't singing.

Also i kinda feel like Toei forces the english dubbing of all of these songs, Funimation isn't usually one to just go around dubbing songs that much even when it makes a lot of sense, like for the Isekai Quartet OP and ED which are both sung by the japanese voice actors

They did dub the songs in Pop Team Epic. Not the OP and ED, but the music video parts.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
They did dub the songs in Pop Team Epic. Not the OP and ED, but the music video parts.
sure but that's part of the show and not just an insert song, but seriously i can't think of any reason why funi would dub ultimate battle other than it being some kind of mandate from toei

Oct 25, 2017
sure but that's part of the show and not just an insert song, but seriously i can't think of any reason why funi would dub ultimate battle other than it being some kind of mandate from toei

Yeah I'm guessing Toei forced it upon them.
Toei always has really weird demands with their properties.
Like how they can't refer to Goku by his full name, or that Luffy MUST be voiced by a woman.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Eh oh well, I'm not gonna make a fuss over it at any rate

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The song was already used way too much in the original so this is sadly going to keep coming up and dampen some genuinely cool moments

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing, if Toei is forcing Funi to do english music then why not provide English versions like they did for HERO, Chōzetsu Dynamic and Blizzard?

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
just watched Shipudden and HxH after I DVRed them

It seems like the Hunter association's problems would be solved if they implemented background checks. I had to get one to work at Toys R Us and you mean to tell me an association of super powered agents given extra-judicial don't do that?

Everyone in the Leaf is a fucking dumbass. Minato for letting Naruto be an orphan. Kushina for agreeing with him. Saratobi for letting the Minato's son be treated like shit. Jiraya for only showing up in Naruto's life 12 years later and acting like he doesn't know him. Its all just infuriating when you think about it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing, if Toei is forcing Funi to do english music then why not provide English versions like they did for HERO, Chōzetsu Dynamic and Blizzard?
I don't think there is an English version for this song for them to use. I also don't think every Japanese band has the Luxury of being able to sing in another language. I do know the Latino dub changed the song during the final episode in Spanish, but left it alone for all of it's prior appearances.

So I have no clue what's going on behind the scenes.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is an English version for this song for them to use. I also don't think every Japanese band has the Luxury of being able to sing in another language. I do know the Latino dub changed the song during the final episode in Spanish, but left it alone for all of it's prior appearances.

So I have no clue what's going on behind the scenes.
I know there isn't one, but I mean Toei should provide one. Not speaking English hasn't stopped them before, they just do their own translation of the song and have the singer sing it phonetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.