• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I woke my ass up just to find that gif, Jotaro.
PoshFrigidAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on Fire Force, it was really that easy for them to convince Iris' sister to turn good now?

Oct 25, 2017
Should I even be watching Fire Force? I already have to find time for Dr. Stone and really need to find time for Kimetsu no Yaiba, I have only seen the first ep so far.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck with that storyline oof.

It looks like it's animated well, but I have no idea about the characters or story.
Have you seen Soul Eater? If you liked that, there's probably a good chance you'd like Fire Force. It's extremely well animated, has some fun characters, and while the story is basic ass shonen, the presentation makes up for it. Though you'll need a high tolerance for fanservice because there's some animeeeee

Kimetsu no Yaiba seems like it will be pretty similar except hopefully a lot less anime tiddy

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen Soul Eater? If you liked that, there's probably a good chance you'd like Fire Force. It's extremely well animated, has some fun characters, and while the story is basic ass shonen, the presentation makes up for it. Though you'll need a high tolerance for fanservice because there's some animeeeee

Kimetsu no Yaiba seems like it will be pretty similar except hopefully a lot less anime tiddy
From what I hear yaiba starts off just okay but gets better as it goes.

Oct 25, 2017

I have seen KLK like three times or some shit and I legit like KLK so fanservice doesn't bother me unless it's Freezing tier

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I have seen KLK like three times or some shit and I legit like KLK so fanservice doesn't bother me unless it's Freezing tier

The worst the fan service gets in Fire Force is cut for the toonami airing, imo it makes the show a lot better.

I really enjoy Fire Force though I get why some people are like "ehh this is a worse soul eater". It's the show I look forward to the most since it's the only one I have no idea where it's going (I read the manga for demon slayer and dr stone)

Oct 25, 2017
The worst the fan service gets in Fire Force is cut for the toonami airing, imo it makes the show a lot better.

I really enjoy Fire Force though I get why some people are like "ehh this is a worse soul eater". It's the show I look forward to the most since it's the only one I have no idea where it's going (I read the manga for demon slayer and dr stone)
I actually liked Soul Eater, minus I think a few things at the end.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
I think I just got "promoted" to a more senior role 2 months into a new job, since my mentor is leaving for another company and I'm basically (far as I can tell) taking over for this end stretch of one project and whatever is going on with another project...

I guess I should ask for a raise once this all figured out O.o

And my mentor mentioned "maybe they'll have referrals" so I might just get pulled along into a 20+% pay increase and new job?

What a weird Friday

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Kahono

Granddaughter of the undersea temple's chief and an aspiring idol, born in a world where idols don't exist! She uses song magic for healing and offense, and is a pretty decent person all around. Had her throat crushed by captain despair but it got better with some Witch Queen blood. Her secondary goal in life is to set up her best friend Noelle with Pasta salad.

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Kahono

Granddaughter of the undersea temple's chief and an aspiring idol, born in a world where idols don't exist! She uses song magic for healing and offense, and is a pretty decent person all around. Had her throat crushed by captain despair but it got better with some Witch Queen blood. Her secondary goal in life is to set up her best friend Noelle with Pasta salad.
Beautiful voice.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 of Stranger Things has a characters are high and sober characters have to deal with them bit, and I don't know if it's me, but I have never found this setup funny.

Not once.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the SEGA AGES version of Phantasy Star 1 this week. AGES mode is definitely a fair tradeoff compared to the original. Fewer encounters and much more exp/mesta per encounter. The map telling you about hidden passages and trap tiles.

Last time I played it was the GBA collection release which has a hilarious save bug. The music loops in that version and stops for a few beats in between loops, and if you save during the silence the game CRASHES.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I have this song stuck in my head from time to time at work as I can't just sing it lol (minor Carole and Tuesday spoilers)

btw... people should watch Carole and Tuesday :P

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Gendo is miles ahead of Yujiro in the parenting department. Gendo got him a job and an apartment, a giant robot, and he even complimented him once.

Yujiro just...beats ups or kills all of Baki's friends and relations. Because he is a wild monster who wants to be put down but can't find anyone strong enough to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
he killed Baki mom and then beat up his friends. Right now I'm at the underground fights
Yup, that's the moment. Dude breaks down his wife like a styrofoam board and then threatens to beat up a cop for attempting to take him in on the charge of murder, that he committed...right in front of the cop. Not to mention he draped Baki in the corpse. FUCK YUJIRO.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The creator of Gen:Lock left RT so I'm not so sure about that season 2 guys.

basically the only thing it has going for it is some good animation in the fight scenes

otherwise i cannot force myself to care about any of it
I think that's selling it a bit short. Even if you don't care for any of the characters and the story, the direction has been great. It has had some really interesting storyboards.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The creator of Gen:Lock left RT so I'm not so sure about that season 2 guys.

I think that's selling it a bit short. Even if you don't care for any of the characters and the story, the direction has been great. It has had some really interesting storyboards.
the creator of RWBY dying didn't stop that.
but gen:lock obviously isn't as successful as RWBY.

Status
Not open for further replies.