• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
oS4T6AP.png

whb1rAs.png

bBpJ7EQ.png

store.steampowered.com

Steam Deck Top 100 Played Games!

These are the top 100 games being played on Steam Deck

Touko

Banned
Jan 1, 2024
Vamp Survivors is crack, so that doesn't surprise me. Trying to wrap my head around how Red Dead even looks on the thing at low settings/800p. Jesus Christmas.

I don't play any AAA on mine, that's what the desktop is for. Just my laze-about indie/AA machine.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
Vamp Survivors is crack, so that doesn't surprise me. Trying to wrap my head around how Red Dead even looks on the thing at low settings/800p. Jesus Christmas.

Red Dead runs well and looks absolutely beautiful on the deck.

Don't forget it was a PS4/XB1 game.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Baldurs gate, hogwarts and horizon zero dawn barely run well on SD, I'm surprised they rank so highā€¦

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
I hope my fellow Dave the Diver players are capping at 50Hz to avoid judder šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«šŸ‘

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I booted up my Deck for the first time in a loooooonnggggggg time, and basically fell in love again.

Damn, its such a great piece of hardware man

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Currently in a Balatro hole with mine. Absolutely brilliant piece of hardware.

Redhood

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 27, 2017
Some of these games run at 30fps on the lowest settings. Shows that portability is a bigger factor for some people than graphics and iq.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I booted up my Deck for the first time in a loooooonnggggggg time, and basically fell in love again.

Damn, its such a great piece of hardware man
When I don't use it for a week I'm like wow, this thing is comfy.

I haven't played any of those games on my Deck in SteamOS which is kinda funny. Played some via gamepass in Windows and also streamed a couple from my PC.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Does Forza Horizon 5 work well now? I see it's among the most played but I read some mixed impressions on it's performance on the Deck

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I've been playing fallout 4 for months on the steam deck, only game I play on it too. But still surprised it ranking so high.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

I don't play any AAA on mine, that's what the desktop is for. Just my laze-about indie/AA machine.

RDR2 runs relatively well. Especially if you are use to playing Switch on the go. It's not ideal but more than playable and there isn't another game like it.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
wow i am really joe gamer, i've played and own every single game in the top 10 and own almost every other game in the top 30 and played most of them. the only ones i haven't touched are brotato, dead cells, binding of isaac, and monster hunter (i played the demo not really my kinda game).

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Up to 1 hour of game time during work lunch has added so much extra BG3 playtime for me.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
maybe i should install BG3 on my Deck. half a year out I still haven't gotten around to it (I know, I know) but Deck is the only thing I really play now. don't like playing crpgs with a controller but maybe that's what it'll be

seldead

Oct 28, 2017
For the most part this is just a list of popular modern games which is kind of surprising considering how poorly quite a few of them run on the Steam Deck. I wonder if this implies there's a large continent of SD owners who use it as their primary device. Either that, or there really are a bunch of people who'd rather stutter through Harry Potter and Horizon at sub 30fps for dat portability rather than play these games on PC/console.

maybe i should install BG3 on my Deck. half a year out I still haven't gotten around to it (I know, I know) but Deck is the only thing I really play now. don't like playing crpgs with a controller but maybe that's what it'll be

I've tried several times and just can't get over the fps drops and stuttering. It'd be the perfect game on Steam Deck at a locked 30fps but alas.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Jumping on this thread as I'm very torn. I've a 3080 Gaming PC that is basically a Gamepass + 4k Switch box, and has been my bread and butter the last 18 months, though recently booting the Switch back up for Unicorn Overlord has reminded me just how cosy portable and bed gaming is.

I'm Australian, and Steam Deck 64Gb is $600, the OLED is $1050, Lenovo Go is $1050, and Rog Ally is $1050. Currently just weighing up whether I'll be satisfied with the base Steam Deck, or if I'll be left wanting and wishing I'd spent more. Will inevitably need to buy a storage upgrade for the deck, so that's probably another $150 too. Thoughts? How's the basic OG Steam deck in 2024? Thinking I might just jump on the Deck now, and then possibly sell it in a year or two's time.

I'm also deliberating on whether I just get a nice phone controller set-up like the Razor Kishi, and just stream games from my PC to my phone. Though unsure as to how that compares vs a native deck experience

Last edited:

uuddrlrl

May 30, 2021
OP cut off Hades, which is 11th, sandwiched between Red Dead Redemption 2 and Brotato (yea, I was wondering why Steam Deck users wouldn't play Hades all the time...).

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Jumping on this thread as I'm very torn. I've a 3080 Gaming PC that is basically a Gamepass + 4k Switch box, and has been my bread and butter the last 18 months, though recently booting the Switch back up for Unicorn Overlord has reminded me just how cosy portable and bed gaming is.

I'm Australian, and Steam Deck 64Gb is $600, the OLED is $1050, Lenovo Go is $1050, and Rog Ally is $1050. Currently just weighing up whether I'll be satisfied with the base Steam Deck, or if I'll be left wanting and wishing I'd spent more. Will inevitably need to buy a storage upgrade for the deck, so that's probably another $150 too. Thoughts? How's the basic OG Steam deck in 2024? Thinking I might just jump on the Deck now, and then possibly sell it in a year or two's time.

I'm also deliberating on whether I just get a nice phone controller set-up like the Razor Kishi, and just stream games from my PC to my phone. Though unsure as to how that compares vs a native deck experience

It's fine but honestly buying anything but OLED of you can afford it is not good idea. OLED offers a lot of improvements over LCD version. Best option is if you have someone to bring it one from other regions where it is cheaper.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
wild to see balatro on that list given how new it is

well deserved, but terrifying to consider the implications of

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany šŸ‡©šŸ‡Ŗ

Buy used, that's what I did.

That way I got a 512 GB LCD Steam Deck for 350ā‚¬

And it works wonderfully.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, yep. I've played some of these, but they'd be ranked far lower on my personalized list.

I'm pretty confident Retroarch is my most played "game" on the Deck.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

I think the OLED is too big an upgrade to go with the regular model now and it's not just the screen, though that's a big improvement. It's all the little things that adds up to much more than I thought they would: The weight being lesser, the battery time being much better, the bezels being smaller, the screen being being slightly bigger, the slight indendation on the analog sticks making them less smooth and slippery etc. It all adds up.

The weight in particular I think is a very noticable difference, despite it seeming slight on paper. I wouldn't recommend the original version, if you can spare the extra money and it's not just about it being an OLED screen, which to me haven't changed much, though it's obviously way better. It's all the other things they improved that really made the difference.

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
For me personally my Deck is a Crash Bandicoot 1-4 and FFVII Remake machine for when I'm on holiday. Don't use it for much else lol. On my next holiday I'll I'll add the Tomb Raider Trilogy remasters to that and MGS Master Collection.

Basically it has replaced what I used to primarily use my PSP and Vita for. Same games.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Some of those games really don't run well. I mean, I've barely touched my PC since getting the OLED deck so I understand the temptation of wanting to play everything on it, but stuff like Cyberpunk I'll play whenever I get a PC that does it justice.
Been playing Persona 3 Reload and Infinite Wealth with some emulation on the side.
Looking forward to SMTV and Ghost of Tsushima in the summer.
I hear Baldur's Gate 3 really takes a hit in performance in the last act which is a shame.

Buy used, that's what I did.

That way I got a 512 GB LCD Steam Deck for 350ā‚¬

And it works wonderfully.

I was lucky, got a factory sealed 512gb OLED for 450ā‚¬ back in December.

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
The best part of the Steam Deck is that I'm looking at this list, and I've played.. two of these games this month, Balatro and Persona 3 Reload.

I've been busy with Case of the Golden Idol, Tetris Effect, Citizen Sleeper and a smattering of Tekken 8 against ghosts.

Last edited: