• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a movie that's really tough to miss on, especially with Cruise. Stoked.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, had no interest on the idea, but happy that it might be good.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
not trying to diss the movie, but honestly curious: do we ever see people on Twitter during these periods criticizing a movie? I feel like these first reactions Twitter updates are always positive, no matter the movie!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Watched the first one a few years ago, after years of my Mom loving the movie. It was great! The sequel is the only movie I know that she legit wants to see that's upcoming. Hope it's good.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
not trying to diss the movie, but honestly curious: do we ever see people on Twitter during these periods criticizing a movie? I feel like these first reactions Twitter updates are always positive, no matter the movie!

BvS & Justice League immediately come to mind

OP
OP

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Gaga announced a new song especially for the movie

I take it this will be "Take My Breath Away" of this one

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
BvS & Justice League immediately come to mind

If it's really really bad, yeah

Once in a while, but even then it's usually mild, like "This movie will be divisive!".

That wasn't the case with Morbius early reactions.

that would make sense, especially for those films! i don't have a twitter account/don't keep up with twitter, so i'm going off a very small group of references (this thread, the thread about The Northman early reactions... basically just that lol)

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
that would make sense, especially for those films! i don't have a twitter account/don't keep up with twitter, so i'm going off a very small group of references (this thread, the thread about The Northman early reactions... basically just that lol)

The way I look at it:

All reactions are glowing and hyperbolic - I might like it or I might hate it, who knows.

Reactions are mixed - I might like it or I might hate it, who knows.

Reactions are bad nearly across the board. - Morbius. Run for your life.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Top Gun is a all time classic, I was hoping this can match it and this is very promising. When I saw how authentic they were going I knew it would be in good hands, that's why the first worked so well.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

Reserving an IMAX ticket as soon as I can.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

I feel like if it was bad Hammond would straight up say, so I am choosing to believe the reactions are legit.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
I think I liked it more when they would call a clunker a clunker, or just ok, n not have to worry about not getting invited to the next big opening. The early reviews are just so over the top now gushing with praise. Almost like cruise himself threatened the reviewers well being if they didn't use caps for LOVE this movie!!!

Anyway, looks ok. But it's the top gun sequel, I mean c'mon