Votes: 34 6.8%
  • 59-50%

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • 49-0%

Votes: 20 4.0%

• Total voters

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
On March 3, 1969, the United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its pilots. It's purpose was to teach the lost art of aerial combat and to insure that the handful of men who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world.

Today, the Navy calls it Fighter Weapons School. The flyers call it:
adesivo_top_gun_1151_1_20190802183536.jpg

Alright... just attmepted to have a cool roleplay themed intro to the thread, LOL

Lez go:

TOP GUN: MAVERICK
After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy's top aviators, Pete "Maverick" Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging the advancement in rank that would ground him. When he finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission the likes of which no living pilot has ever seen, Maverick encounters Lt. Bradley Bradshaw (Miles Teller), call sign: "Rooster," the son of Maverick's late friend and Radar Intercept Officer Lt. Nick Bradshaw, aka "Goose". Facing an uncertain future and confronting the ghosts of his past, Maverick is drawn into a confrontation with his own deepest fears, culminating in a mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice from those who will be chosen to fly it.

cB72iWDzSBFB7E2d8SJdu6YHP2K.jpg

RT: 97%

Last edited:

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima seemed to be obsessed by it and he is a major film buff. Going for 85+

OP
OP

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Press screenings been happening full force as of now. Plus, the movie head towards Cannes, as well next week.

Some reactions:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Cruise is a perfectionist so not surprised. It has his name on it, as top billing, he will deliver.

The guy has other wackiness about him, but he doesn't cheat audiences.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what, this is supposed to be godlike? I had no idea, expected a cash in.

Kojima fanboying mad hard lol.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I knew this would be wild with Cruise coming back, and I LOVE Kosinski's directing (Oblivion is underrated) so I've been in from the jump. Can't wait to see it.

brokenmachine

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They played this long scene as a trailer while I was in a D-Box seat. It was pretty wild.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what, this is supposed to be godlike? I had no idea, expected a cash in.

Kojima fanboying mad hard lol.
It can get high 95 RT with a 65 overall score
It's very easy to give reviewers something to cheer for.
You have about 100 different callbacks to the original and murica beating bad country jet fighters and saving the world
It's pretty hard to fuck that up.
Even if the movie sucks it will be loud and murican

OP
OP

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Press Screenings going full ham right as of this moment:

Some others raving about it:

noi..... the cruise missile is about to hit

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I think it's going to end up between 79-83 on the RT scale

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
the IMAX exclusive preview was incredible. for once i believe the twitter impressions

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Just finished the first re-watch of Top Gun in probably 20 years. Funnily, it feels like a fast-forward version of my rose-tinted memories. 'Take my breath away' is an all-time classic (though again, all the romance is leaner than what my nostalgia made me believe).

ellie-tlou2.gif

And I'm reminded where this gif is from!

OP
OP

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Part 2

Critics absolutely gushing today

the heck is that... they really calling it for Oscars

May 10, 2018
I already reserved a ticket to see it just because I see almost everything but now I'm genuinely getting hyped about it and I've never seen the 1st one.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Love the early comments and can't wait to see it. Saying that Kojima liked Morphius so his opinion is super questionable.

Last edited: