• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped?

• Super hyped

Votes: 42 9.2%
  • Decently hyped

Votes: 106 23.2%
  • Apprehensive

Votes: 105 23.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 204 44.6%

• Total voters

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
i broke down and pre-ordered the standard edition. watched some gameplay of it today at work and it looks great on that front

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That's so clearly Alcaraz =)
images

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Sharapova is so broken that it is really starting to frustrate me.

She has the 2nd best forehand, the 2nd best backhand, the 2nd best serve and the highest power in the game. Sure she has terrible volleys and isn't really fast. But what does that matter when you can just punch your way through every point and hit a winner from everywhere. Just played against a top 10 player in the world when he was using Sharapova, he just hit winners from everywhere. Even on my perfect shots.

----
I also noticed there are only 3.000 players ranked right now with the Pro's. So that possibly means the game has sold 15.000 copies at most right now? That's pretty worrying...

FootieGamer

Nov 3, 2017
Pre-ordered this. Will be the first tennis game I've played since Virtua Tennis 2009 and the first Top Spin I've ever played. I've heard that this is a lot less arcadey than Virtua Tennis, which I absolutely loved, but I'm looking forward to getting to grips with it.

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
Sharapova is so broken that it is really starting to frustrate me.

She has the 2nd best forehand, the 2nd best backhand, the 2nd best serve and the highest power in the game. Sure she has terrible volleys and isn't really fast. But what does that matter when you can just punch your way through every point and hit a winner from everywhere. Just played against a top 10 player in the world when he was using Sharapova, he just hit winners from everywhere. Even on my perfect shots.

----
I also noticed there are only 3.000 players ranked right now with the Pro's. So that possibly means the game has sold 15.000 copies at most right now? That's pretty worrying...

keep in mind the game officially releases only tomorrow, everyone playing right now has bought the more expensive version to be able to play 3 days sooner. I don't think the game will sell extremely well but hard to say anything before the official release

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Still undecided, i'm preloading it on SX just in case 🤣

We'll see tomorrow or during the weekend.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to hold off but decided in the end to pre-order the standard edition. Seems like there's a decent core game there and it has been so long since a good tennis game. Couldn't get into TWT or AO.

It is frustrating that it seems so low budget from features to player list and character models. I feel like we'll never get a big, high quality tennis game again since it is difficult to monetise the way big publishers want to do.

psvrd

Feb 17, 2023

That's not how it works, the game isn't out until tomorrow, and the percentage of people buying the ultimate editions will be small compared to the standard one. Also, the amount of people playing ranked with pros will be small too, especially at this stage.

People will play careers more than online, myplayer will be more popular online too for the reasons you stated with overpowered pros.
I'm sure they took into account how many copies they would likely sell before making the game. I think overall it will sell enough, what ever that is!

Anyway my standard edition just come through the post :)

NeonDelta

Sep 29, 2020
Looking forward to giving this a go at some point. Used to love tennis games back in the ps2/3 era. Probably wait for it to drop in price a bit first.

Is there much difference between PC and console versions?

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Looking forward to giving this a go at some point. Used to love tennis games back in the ps2/3 era. Probably wait for it to drop in price a bit first.

Is there much difference between PC and console versions?

There's not supposed to be. The PC version is supposed to be the "next gen" version.

For instance, NBA 2K on PC is still on last gen (PS4/XB1)

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game early access cus I gotta support the realistic tennis games. This game feels like a reskin of Top Spin 4. It felt like I was back in 2011 , cus even the animations and the litttle details seem exactly the same. I did really like TS4 but disappointed there were no real animation or gameplay changes from 4.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know when the game is unlocking? There was a steam countdown last night that I think would have it unlock in about 3 hours, but it is gone now (on PC!).

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
steamcommunity.com

Clothes & Hair Physics is almost none in PC :: TopSpin 2K25 General Discussions

Hello Devs, I just noticed in PC version, why is the clothes and hair physics is not the same in PS5? The movement of clothes and hair in PC is almost unnoticeable? Do we not deserved to have a quality and eye catching 2k25?

How is it even possible ?
Keep reading the thread, there's a response or two from others with their own PC recording showing the hair/cloth physics are fine and not like the OP's. Likely a bug or something weird going on with the OP's settings?

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Anyone know when the game is unlocking? There was a steam countdown last night that I think would have it unlock in about 3 hours, but it is gone now (on PC!).
I'm wondering the same. Originally I saw from 2K that it would be midnight Eastern time on 4/26, and my Fanatical key said the same when I preordered. Now my key says 4/25 and the Steam countdown as ended and changed to "coming soon."

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, the game is hard... but fun! Started the career on Hard, and in the tournaments I'm matched with players who have like 10 more levels than me, lol. Biggest problems - hitting directional shots, but slowly getting better with timing...

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
steamcommunity.com

Clothes & Hair Physics is almost none in PC :: TopSpin 2K25 General Discussions

Hello Devs, I just noticed in PC version, why is the clothes and hair physics is not the same in PS5? The movement of clothes and hair in PC is almost unnoticeable? Do we not deserved to have a quality and eye catching 2k25?

How is it even possible ?

As someone who has some experience with cloth physics being implemented in a game, my first thought was wondering if they were comparing the same asset because cloth physics isn't something you just turn on and everything just has cloth physics. Each asset needs to be set up to have it work on it and how each asset works with cloth flow can vary or just not even support it at all. But having looked at the two videos in the thread, that's not it since it's the same character and same outfit.

My next thought is that maybe it's a framerate difference because cloth physics can behave differently at different framerates. Sure enough, that seems like it might be the case here. My game runs about 100fps on my PC, but if I crank up the rendering resolution to like 150% then I see a change in the cloth physics behavior. So my guess is that person is running at a really high framerate while the PS5 version is locked to 60 fps and that's why there's a difference in how the cloth looks. I would bet if they clamped down their framerate to 60, then it would look pretty similar to the PS5.

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
As someone who has some experience with cloth physics being implemented in a game, my first thought was wondering if they were comparing the same asset because cloth physics isn't something you just turn on and everything just has cloth physics. Each asset needs to be set up to have it work on it and how each asset works with cloth flow can vary or just not even support it at all. But having looked at the two videos in the thread, that's not it since it's the same character and same outfit.

My next thought is that maybe it's a framerate difference because cloth physics can behave differently at different framerates. Sure enough, that seems like it might be the case here. My game runs about 100fps on my PC, but if I crank up the rendering resolution to like 150% then I see a change in the cloth physics behavior. So my guess is that person is running at a really high framerate while the PS5 version is locked to 60 fps and that's why there's a difference in how the cloth looks. I would bet if they clamped down their framerate to 60, then it would look pretty similar to the PS5.
I'm 90% sure the difference is pre-release footage vs post-release. That's all it is imo. The cloth physics were ridiculously over the top in the original preview footage from PS5. They essentially fixed it for the final release.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 90% sure the difference is pre-release footage vs post-release. That's all it is. The cloth physics were ridiculously over the top in the original preview footage from PS5. They essentially fixed it for the final release.
That could be too as I don't know the source of that PS5 footage, but there is definitely a difference based on framerate too in this case from the quick look I just did. Is the difference as big? I didn't compare closely enough but you can have a behavior change based on framerate here.

Edit: Going back to the PS5 footage, that video was only posted 3 days ago. So my guess is it's the actual current version and not the pre-release footage. So I think my observation is probably the likely reason. The higher the framerate, the less movement there is in this case.

Last edited:

Tesla

Feb 8, 2019

Thank you for the insight.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
what exactly is the preorder bonus saying? I can't do night matches at the grand slams if I don't preorder or buy the add on?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question as I install the game (yay!) - anyone else on PC can I get some advice on MKB vs controller? I imagine controller will feel better for this just checking.

Thanks and hope to see you all online soon!

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Quick question as I install the game (yay!) - anyone else on PC can I get some advice on MKB vs controller? I imagine controller will feel better for this just checking.

Thanks and hope to see you all online soon!
Controller!!! You need full analogue controls for this game for both movement and aiming. You can't even do the full power serves unless you have a right thumbstick 😅. KBM is truly awful for tennis.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Controller!!! You need full analogue controls for this game for both movement and aiming. You can't even do the full power serves unless you have a right thumbstick 😅. KBM is truly awful for tennis.
Thanks, I figured as much but think I was watching a streamer play MKB in early access and figured...maybe some auto-aim style advantage? Ok off I go!

snakey2389

May 31, 2019
It keeps crashing on PC and bringing up the 2k support site, any fixes or do I have to wait for a patch?

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Just bought and played a few exibition matches, not a looker on SX but the gameplay is really really good!

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
keep in mind the game officially releases only tomorrow, everyone playing right now has bought the more expensive version to be able to play 3 days sooner. I don't think the game will sell extremely well but hard to say anything before the official release

That's not how it works, the game isn't out until tomorrow, and the percentage of people buying the ultimate editions will be small compared to the standard one. Also, the amount of people playing ranked with pros will be small too, especially at this stage.

People will play careers more than online, myplayer will be more popular online too for the reasons you stated with overpowered pros.
I'm sure they took into account how many copies they would likely sell before making the game. I think overall it will sell enough, what ever that is!

Anyway my standard edition just come through the post :)
Sure, but I would assume that an edition like that would be at least 5 to 10% of the sales and with that even in mind that doesn't mean well.

Don't get me wrong, I hope this game is a giant succes so that 2K can build on this game to make even better tennis games in the future.

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
Great first impression. Seems the developers smartly spent their budget. It's lacking bells and whistles (player models, HDR, among other things) but it looks (gameplay) and plays great. The presentation package is also pretty good (introduction, menus, transitions, chill music).

Looking forward to creating my player and starting a career. While I'm not a fan of micro transactions, they didn't seem to be on your face so far. We'll see.

Hopefully we get a new version of this every 2 years ala PGA and WWE games.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
thanks for all the impressions. looks like the gameplay is solid and the career is functional. i'll probably give it a whirl at some point but maybe will wait for the inevitable sale.