• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017

Tory MP Michael Fabricant appeared to suggest Muslims could not be English when he accused a spokesperson for the Muslim Council of Britain of damaging "Anglo-Muslim relations".

It came in a debate about Islamophobia in the Conservative Party, with Miqdaad Versi, the council's media spokesperson, insisting on Twitter there were "hundreds" of examples of anti-Muslim prejudice in the party.

In a now-deleted tweet, he went on to add: "Your spite and unpleasantness neither does the cause of tolerance in this country nor the cause of Anglo-Muslim relations any good at all."

But Fabricant – the MP for Lichfield – disregarded these claims, writing: "Mr Versi. I have read your unpleasant tweets about the #Conservative Party. The @Conservatives have NOT been investigated by the Equalities and Human Rights Commission."

Fabricant later admitted to HuffPost UK the tweet had been "sloppily worded" but stopped short of apologising.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
5fb55a8c2400007130b0481c.png

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Why does every racist motherfucker look exactly the same? Like, Boris Johnson might be a Tesco-brand Donald Trump, but this asshole is basically the Poundland version of him.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
And now we sit back and watch the tories do fuck all about the islamaphobia their party openly shows constantly and the press quickly ignore it while at the same time we have nothing but calls for labour to look at the issue in their party. I'm so sick of this shit where one thing is called out but it's totally ignored on the other side, at this point all parties should have investigations by an outside source done and have it all out in the open we can remove every bad element from every party in government. It's annoying as fuck that the tories have been allowed to get away with their outright racist shit for years now, Windrush seems to have been totally forgotten and ignored for crying out loud and that is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard of, yet the woman behind it not only stayed prime minister after it came out but even after stepping down from that she is still elected in Parliament? Disgraceful.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not holding my breath for any press attention on this fuckery compared to the coverage on Corbyn.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Why does every racist motherfucker look exactly the same? Like, Boris Johnson might be a Tesco-brand Donald Trump, but this asshole is basically the Poundland version of him.
They know they are the worst of their own race so they have to hold hard onto the idea that they might be better than some other race because of reasons.

No idea if that is true but it seems like it would be for this weirdo.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I mean the guy is called Fabricant!
Couldn't be more on the nose about his looks being fake.
fabricant is french for manufacturer

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
What a bastard.

I'm trying to think of the right words to say, but all I can come back to is "Why be such a bastard in the first place? Why deprive people the chance to live their lives peacefully?" I try to come up with witty responses but I honestly have nothing, so many innocent people have been hurt by racism and it is just wrong.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at that dude's hair..... we're clearly living in some political horror movie universe in the Children of the Corn franchise

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tory rampant racism exposed once again, yet will be ignored.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Never forget our Prime Minister called black people "picaninnies" with "watermelon smiles" and Muslim women "letterboxes". I'm sure there will be an investigation into the Tories' racism any minute now...