DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Not all people who are part of a team are useful. They don't really contribute anything and it makes you wonder why they are on the team or have their positions. So what examples come to mind when you hear this question. Two examples from The Flash.

Iris West

Like, aside from being Barry's emotional crutch, what does she offer to the team that any else doesn't? Like why was she made the leader during Barry's absence? What qualifications did she have? Also during Crisis on Earth X, why was she staying to fight when she has no experience or skills. She's just a civilian and that's it.

H.R Wells from season 3

The-Flash-Season-3-HR-Wells.jpg

Of all the Wells, he's clearly the most useless. He has no skills the other have, so what is his point for being on the team? Like what did he contribute at all?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
In the newer Doctor Who series, the writers don't know what to do with the larger team of 4 characters.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
2141b5e0bd6f2952ce94123e0632f627.jpg

Cedric from King's Quest. It feels like it would've been so easy to give him some purpose, but no...

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll have you know OP that Iris has been key to many of Flash's victories on the show.

Without her reminding Barry to run really fast, where would they be now?

Also, who went face to face with their most dangerous and intimidating foe?
tumblr_pmj32iq7HL1v3nwba_540.gif

I rest my case.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Pippin Took.

Useless and irritating.
He really did get the short end of the stick compared to every other member of the fellowship.

Let's see: He dropped a rock down the well in Moria, which I believe gave away their location to the Balrog.

He got kidnapped along with Merry, met Treebeard and the Ents, and played a small role in getting them to march on Isengard.

Then, he looked into the palantir, which is probably the biggest fuck up in the entire trilogy. Gandalf rode with him to Gondor where he told stories to Denethor and watched him go insane. Once he's about to burn Faramir alive, he goes screaming to Gandalf, who was getting ready to help in the battle.

And finally, he killed one? dude and maybe led a group of Hobbits once the four got back to the Shire.

WOW. That's honestly worse than Yamcha.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Falcon from the MCU? I can't remember him ever doing anything. I'm sure someone is gonna school me on his importance lol

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Every single member of the Order of the Web.

Spider-Man-Order-Of-The-Web-Image.jpg

They were so useless in their introduction arc that Mary Jane and the Green Goblin were more helpful.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's not their introduction; that's just them adopting a name.

They did save the multiverse three times before adopting a name.

They had a lot of help in those other arcs. This team by itself (Miles, Gwen, Julia, Jessica, Cindy, and Anya) was so useless they needed to be rescued constantly throughout Sins Rising/Last Remains. By Peter, by Dr. Strange, by Mary Jane and the Green Goblin.

They were absolutely useless.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Bolin in Korra

Edit: he has some powers and can fight. I mean he's useless storywise.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair H.R. was an ideas man and quite often he did bring unorthodox ideas that no one thought of. That and he saved Iris, so that's a pretty big on "what has he done for the team".

I fully agree on Iris being quite useless though; she isnt creative, nor has any powers, or any science skills. But I suppose a leader's duty is to make sure other people do their job the best they can so maybe she is better at that than anyone else?

He shoots arrow. Which are just slow bullets.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Does that Nobara girl from Jujutsu Kaisen ever end up being good for anything? I'm still early in the series, but all I've seen her do is job.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Does Class 1-A count as a team? Cause there's quite in there that would make the 'uselessness hall of fame.'