MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...2-million-vehicles-globally-to-fix-fuel-pumps

Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 3.2 million vehicles worldwide, more than half of which are in the U.S., to fix faulty fuel pumps.

The safety campaign involves certain Lexus- and Toyota-brand cars and trucks for the 2013-2019 model years, a company spokesman said Wednesday. That includes about 1.8 million vehicles sold in the U.S. and another 158,262 in Canada.

Toyota is almost doubling an initial recall in January that was limited to about 696,000 vehicles in the U.S. The action was necessitated by potentially defective fuel pumps that may stop operating and cause engine stalls that increase the risk of a crash, the company said.

The carmaker issued a separate recall in January for about 2.9 million vehicles with electronic-control units that could affect the deployment of air bags in certain sedan models.

List of US models here:
https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota...nvolving-certain-toyota-and-lexus-vehicles-4/

Canada:
https://media.toyota.ca/releases/to...ing-certain-toyota-and-lexus-vehicles-6792903

UK info here:
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1251189/toyota-uk-car-recall-check-fuel-pump-issues

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
VFPLSsi.png

drive safely, Toyota owners.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Guess I lucked out. I have a 2016 4Runner, which I guess is not included in this recall.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Thankfully my Tacoma is a 2016.

When I dropped it off for the leaking rear diff recall, the dealer had it for 1.5 months.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
2018 Tacoma here.. :|

Is the US website not working for anyone else? It's stuck on "loading web page" and never loads. Using Firefox.

OP
OP
MikeHattsu

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 2019 C-HR. Looks like I'm in the clear.

Guess you're not a part of this one then?

Toyota is conducting two separate safety recalls involving certain Toyota Prius, C-HR, Corolla and Corolla Hybrid vehicles - Toyota USA Newsroom

PLANO, Texas (December 11, 2019) – The first recall involves certain 2019 Model Year Prius vehicles and the second certain 2019-2020 Model Year Toyota C-HR and 2020 Model Year Corolla and Corolla Hybrid vehicles in the United States. Combination Meter Recall […]

Since it says they'd contact you before the end of February and such if you were :P

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I've got a 2020 RAV4 hybrid on order, for delivery in June. Hopefully this is fixed in new models.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Glad I didn't buy any new vehicle recently 😂

I am guessing these will be fixed in the new models like 2020 and beyond

Planning to get a Camry soon

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
OF COURSE my Corolla that I just bought on Sunday falls under the recall, and they do not have the remedy yet.

This after my 2012 Focus transmission died again, this time out of warranty and way too expensive to fix.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
I've got a 2020 RAV4 hybrid on order, for delivery in June. Hopefully this is fixed in new models.

We've got a 2019 RAV4 hybrid and there's a separate issue still pending a recall from Toyota, and from what I've read it's still affecting 2020 as well. The gas tank capacity is listed at 14.5 gallons, but something is off with the shape of the gas tank that causes weird filling issues. For example, it'll read something like 5 miles to empty on the DriveToEmpty indicator and the needle will be on E, but when you fill up you'll only get 9-10 gallons in before it clicks off. The car does not have a 4.5 gallon reserve, so something is definitely wrong. Appears to affect all hybrid RAV4s.

Minor annoyance as the car is fantastic otherwise. But it is still annoying. If I sit there and physically hold the handle on the pump at half-flow or less, it will fill all the way to ~12 gallons without clicking off. However at full-flow it'll always click off in the 9-10 gallon range.

Read more here: https://www.rav4world.com/threads/have-you-had-trouble-filling-your-hybrid-gas-tank.300662/page-208

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
We've got a 2019 RAV4 hybrid and there's a separate issue still pending a recall from Toyota, and from what I've read it's still affecting 2020 as well. The gas tank capacity is listed at 14.5 gallons, but something is off with the shape of the gas tank that causes weird filling issues. For example, it'll read something like 5 miles to empty on the DriveToEmpty indicator and the needle will be on E, but when you fill up you'll only get 9-10 gallons in before it clicks off. The car does not have a 4.5 gallon reserve, so something is definitely wrong. Appears to affect all hybrid RAV4s.

Minor annoyance as the car is fantastic otherwise. But it is still annoying. If I sit there and physically hold the handle on the pump at half-flow or less, it will fill all the way to ~12 gallons without clicking off. However at full-flow it'll always click off in the 9-10 gallon range.

Read more here: https://www.rav4world.com/threads/have-you-had-trouble-filling-your-hybrid-gas-tank.300662/page-208
Thanks for this. I was vaguely aware of the issue, but was hoping it'd be fixed on the 2020s.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Did a "CTRL+F" for "Yaris" and found nothing for my wife's vehicle.

Need to try to find the time to bring in my Ford Fusion for its two recalls though, ugh.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Why does Toyota seemingly have such bad luck with these recalls? These parts aren't developed in house are they? If they are, that's a bad look.

I mean, I'd still rate a Toyota at the top of the reliability chain, but still.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just put in my 2019 Corolla VIN and it popped up this and an electronic control until issue. Put in my 2015 corolla VIN and got the electronic control unit issue. Two for two. Good shit.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Wow, I remember when vehicle recalls were a frequent occurrence back in the 90s.

Now it seems like they hardly happen.