• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Saw Cannot be Tamed's review on this and it looks good but I don't really want to jump into an Early Access. Wishlisted for release though.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Demo was really good, when I tried it at one of the Steam Next festivals like year or perhaps longer ago, but it did have some performance issues, I hope are ironed out in the full release.

Oct 28, 2017
From the thread title, I was hoping it would be like Microbe Anatomical Adventure, but no such luck. Still waiting for a modern Fantastic Voyage simulator.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Even here you can see the Hollow Knight influences stylistic wise but they were smart enough to add their own especially in terms of palette.
It looks cool, I'll add to wishlist.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Some time ago, the dev came to the Metroidvania subreddit for name suggestions, because the publishers thought Biogun felt a little too simple and all. Someone suggested Vacswine, and it's kinda sad the name end up being Biogun anyway lol

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
actual doctoral clinical biochemical engineer here (ie I'm the IRL version of the main scientist character)
I was gonna post my own reactions thread with a sci-fi analysis of the concepts but maybe not.

What I'm most surprised by is how realistic/scientifically accurate the quirky sci-fi elements are here. Enzymes lowering the amount of atomic energy needed to gain new powers? That's literally what enzymes do in chemical reactions, by lowering the activation energy barrier to produce chemical reactions that would otherwise be left to random chance and very slow kinetics. 😍

Even the fallopian tubes look somewhat anatomically accurate, with mucus being understandably representative of disease and damage, and viruses with protein capsids crawling about like spiders. That's so fucking cool. The parasite enemies even look like parasites.

This game rules. It's like Mario meets Metroid meets Super Meat Boy meets scientific realism in clinical veterinary biology.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I will do literally anything to save a pupper. Keeping an eye out for this once it comes out of Early Access. Would really like a demo, though.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Yeah I guess there was a demo but seems to be gone now. This game looks awesome and I think I'm just going to bite at $17.99.