Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of amazing how the CGI in this genre keeps getting worse and more unbelievable as new films are released.

I can't.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Who does Hollywood (or whoever finances these movies) think we are? They think they can keep making the same movie and we'll show up every time?

Of COURSE I'll be there Day 1!

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they seek shelter immediately...

...while driving their !!!TRUCK!!! to safety in GREENLAND!

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Maybe I'm too passive but I wouldn't be racing to live in some shitty bunker to escape the end of the world.

I'd find somewhere high to watch the end.

Honestly I'm starting to think that all these disaster movies are sort of a ego trip; we are the apex generation who gets to witness the end of humanity.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love disaster movies, but the last one that I legitimately enjoyed was 2012. I'll check this out at some point though.

I wish we could go back to "small scale" disaster movies though instead of them all being about destroying the world. Something closer to Volcano or Dante's Peak.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Weird, I think Ive already seen this movie

deep_impact_large.jpg

K4317zkmhAochdOg8io7--SWm5pI1XTz223vv57lj82z0qMAGLtidUAeQIrKIqrqMvX_CGsb_zlL9q0tUU371PyKlHCQvKHx94CePpjoQKT7nD3ATLrKw72f

Continue that tradition of unbound creativity Hollywood.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Looks to cliche to be good, too serious to be fun. Really just looks like a Deep Impact remake more than anything, except with some extra "The scientists screwed up!" apparently.

Maybe I'm too passive but I wouldn't be racing to live in some shitty bunker to escape the end of the world.

I'd find somewhere high to watch the end.

Honestly I'm starting to think that all these disaster movies are sort of a ego trip; we are the apex generation who gets to witness the end of humanity.

A friend/neighbor of one of my college buddies has a bunch of off-the-grid stuff (as in more than a token "Two week power outage" setup) in case of a solar flare event knocking out the power grid and America basically collapsing completely.

My reaction was always "Would I really want to live in that world?"