• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Beyond excited for this. What We Do In The Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople are two of my favorite movies of all time. Likewise, Boy is wonderful, and Thor: Ragnarok is one of my top MCU movies. He's my favorite current director at the moment.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Easily the movie I´m most excited this year. Taika is one of the best directors he have right now

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this Twilight Zone episode. Hitler teaches him how to give speeches, then he kills his Jewish neighbor and gets shot

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
"Teezer Traylor" sounds exactly like what someone from Essex (in the UK) would say, ha ha!

It is an interesting premise, that's for sure — already waiting for the day that this comes out.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every movie should be directed by Taika. The greatestest visionistical director of all times.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017
I happen to have a "close friend" wink wink who has seen this at a test screening back in april and thought it was just fantastic and his favorite movie of the year so far and he can't wait to see it again

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
its really sad how much they have to plaster the word SATIRE around this

The US is dealing with a white supremacist administration that is caging kids and that is trying its hardest to normalize white nationalists so you can understand that a movie trailer that looks to be normalizing Nazis is gonna get a cold reaction from a lot of us. Why would he pick this of all things? To be edgy? We have enough of that.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The US is dealing with a white supremacist administration that is caging kids and that is trying its hardest to normalize white nationalists so you can understand that a movie trailer that looks to be normalizing Nazis is gonna get a cold reaction from a lot of us. Why would he pick this of all things? To be edgy? We have enough of that.
Just looked it up. Hitler is the boy's imaginary friend and it's clear that it'll be about him learning that racism isn't right or something.

Does seem like bad timing, though.

Oct 25, 2017
how can you misinterpret nazis being depicted as morons as normalizing them

Oct 25, 2017
6nh953t5j2c31.jpg

Official poster

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019

You really need to look in to the kind of satire/comedy that was being produced between 1930 and 1950.

Rickelodeon

Oct 25, 2017

The movie is very clear about its message which is "Nazis And Nationalism Are Really Fucking Bad Yall" and imo thats even clearly present in this little teaser imo. There is not a better time for this movie to be coming out.

There's a great scene towards the end that will make a realllllly good gif to use in this times

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
Satire about the Nazis is hard to pull off well but Waititi managed to put interesting commentary on realizing and coming to terms with your nation's imperialist past into a goddamn Thor movie. So I will give him the benefit of the doubt on pulling it off.

LiquidSword

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. Ever heard of The Great Dictator?

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The movie is very clear about its message which is "Nazis And Nationalism Are Really Fucking Bad Yall" and imo thats even clearly present in this little teaser imo. There is not a better time for this movie to be coming out.

There's a great scene towards the end that will make a realllllly good gif to use in this times
I absolutely don't doubt that the message will be obvious and that the film and Watiti mean well but I don't think its obvious from the trailer. Personally making Hitler killing all the jews jokes in your trailer is not for me at the moment.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area

This movie is clearly making Nazis to be villains and all around idiots. How is this normalizing Nazis!? In no way will this movie say Nazis are okay.