• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the movie starts with normal people sitting around in a group therapy session, and the main character is crying about a nightmare she had last night.

Then James Corden is like "That's very interesting. Did it look something like THIS?"

And everyone morphs into these cat things and begins singing.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Avatar bet for 80% or better or Rottentomatoes. You have to wear one of these cat things for the month of December.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
CjWLxN6.jpg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Straight up making them animals would be boring(unless it is stylized like an animated movie). They are only using CGI as makeup and wardrobe. In a Broadway adaptation they would want to keep the illusion of real people dancing and singing. If anything the less they look like cats the better, this already has too much CG.
should have just went with anthropomorphic cats

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like they should have gone for:
latest

So we could get basically this:
hmcyZDkgDS5-0qcEKldrqcQz-58=.gif

Instead, it's the Sonic the Hedgehog film only for snobs. And I can't wait for impressions :v

Oct 29, 2017
should have just went with anthropomorphic cats
That's the thing. At that point may as well go full animation. Have cat like proportions and maybe disregard photorealism. But if they want to keep the feeling of a Broadway show , then I think them looking like people in costumes is fair enough.

There so much CGI here that I'am willing to bet there were tests at some point where they must have had cat-like features, but they decided not no make them look like anthropomorphic cats in the end. maybe the director didn't want to make something people would say is animation.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Hooper is a hack and this looks visually disgusting.. but it's gonna be big probably. I kind of want to watch this honestly lmao.

Goddamn cat in the hat the musical shit

gamerman

Oct 27, 2017
The great news is we are going to get a ton of memes. The bad news is that will be up for horror movie of the year. I truly feel sorry for everybody involved in the production of this tragedy. Social media is not kind.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I was in Cats once. Turns out, all you have to do is just jump on stage in full cats regalia, give yourself a name and start singing.

TrashHeap64

Dec 7, 2017
Austin, TX
I really want to know what technique their using to make this look so bad... The bodies are obviously CGI, but the faces are like rotoscoped and masked onto the models. It gives me a L.A. Noire vibe and I don't like it.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the trailer again, kind of loving it more and more.

I weep for us all when we are given the gift of singing, dancing, passion, heart, truth, and some sexy, sexy cats, and the world turns its back.
We don't deserve cat-Swift in her silver heels.

tumblr-mq29lr-Yh3m1sy87e3o1-400.gif

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
We all agree that Jason Derulo needs to sing his name the first time he appears on the screen, right?

It's... it's... beautiful.

I'm about to leave for The Lion King. I hope this gets shown beforehand. I need to see this with an audience.

They showed it! The audience was suitably bewildered. When the first face came on screen, the woman behind me literally muttered "eww." lol

Shame about the designs. The colors, cinematography, and dance choreography actually looked pretty good.

I think this is my favorite part. They spared no expense. Sumptuous colors, gorgeous cinematography, wonderful set design, Tony-quality choreography, an Oscar-winning director. All so Taylor Swift can live out her life long dream of being a cat. Just magnificent.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Yeeeeeah, they should have stuck with practical costuming. Would have turned the bizarre-meter WAY down.

Still looks interesting, I suppose.