• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017

Pushed back a month from September 24 & 27 for NA and EU respectively.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
This is good news. Hopefully they use the extra time to really polish up the localization.

Surprised that there's going to be a demo.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wonder why it was delayed

Issues with the translation maybe? The technical side of things surely isn't an issue, considering the game is a few years old

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks but I'm not too mad as I am trying to fit in a playthrough of all the previous games to get ready for this.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Good that they are honest and acknowledge that launching in September is not the most fruitful thing for the franchise, nothing to be ashamed about. The year is still stacked, though, so I don't know if I will be able to get it this year.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
September is busy enough that I don't mind. Also EU benefits because it's a same day release now.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
jrpl

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
I wonder why it was delayed

Issues with the translation maybe? The technical side of things surely isn't an issue, considering the game is a few years old
If it was a translation thing, they mention something along the lines of "needing time to polish"? But they just state there "The release of #TrailsofColdSteelIII will be postponed to October 22 in NA and EU to ensure as successful a launch window as possible" feels like they're delaying to dodge a few titles or something

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They literally say why in the tweet

september is a bad month to release it at

If it was a translation thing, they mention something along the lines of "needing time to polish"? But they just state there "The release of #TrailsofColdSteelIII will be postponed to October 22 in NA and EU to ensure as successful a launch window as possible" feels like they're delaying to dodge a few titles or something

Yeah after Ys Viii I'm still a little cautious thanks

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I'm almost finished with Cold Steel 2, but I need to go back & play the Trails in the Sky games now that I've discovered the series. Hopefully they're working on a PC release as well :D

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost finished with Cold Steel 2, but I need to go back & play the Trails in the Sky games now that I've discovered the series. Hopefully they're working on a PC release as well :D
play the sky games and once you're done with those try to find a way to play the crossbell games too (zero and ao). Hopefully the geo front translation is out sooner rather than later since the current translation is just barely serviceable for Zero. Ao's Fantranslation isn't amazing either but it's leagues above Zero's

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer, but I understand why they are doing it.
Hoping they take the time to really polish any rough edges.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not but maybe Geofronts Translation is out before October 22nd
Seems like Geofront's editing has stalled out quite a bit. Zerker seems burned out and I don't know that anyone else is hammering through as much as he was.

That or things are going smoothly and they are just being really oddly silent about it.

Yeah that's fair, but it was still delayed for years after FC came out due to issues
They weren't really technical issues though. FC didn't sell well enough for XSEED to be sure about committing so there was a delay between FC and even starting SC, then they partnered with Carpe Fulgur, which worked out for the translation but the personal issues came up during the editing which stalled things. So XSEED had to take it back in-house to finish it.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Seems like Geofront's editing has stalled out quite a bit. Zerker seems burned out and I don't know that anyone else is hammering through as much as he was.

That or things are going smoothly and they are just being really oddly silent about it.
For me it's the former, he used to answer questions on Twitter about the translation and he used to post pictures of his work in progress, I know he recently got a job so I totally understand that the project may have stalled.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Instructor Rean showing up a month late for class smh. Some things never change.

Apr 24, 2018
I've been playing through Cold Steel I very slowly. I think I beat Chapter 4 last month, and it'll probably be next month until I beat Chapter 5. I'm going on vacation next week. I still have to go through Sky SC, Sky TC, CS II, and (hopefully) fan translated versions of the Crossbell games. Probably won't be ready to play this until late next year, anyways.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah that's fair, but it was still delayed for years after FC came out due to issues
What you forget in this equation is that for a while Falcom did not even let XSEED start on SC because the sales of FC where so disappointing.

They weren't really technical issues though. FC didn't sell well enough for XSEED to be sure about committing so there was a delay between FC and even starting SC, then they partnered with Carpe Fulgur, which worked out for the translation but the personal issues came up during the editing which stalled things. So XSEED had to take it back in-house to finish it.
In the them taking it back was necessary anyway, in the past Hatsuu has spoken quite candidly about how bad CF was handling the project including making things up completely. (she gave an example of Weissmann going on a tangent during a scene admitting he was responsible for the death of Kloe's parents, which is completely made up). In the end they had to scrap a lot of translation work to the point where Hatsuu said they better would have restarted from scratch.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
smart, late september was far too busy, specially with a lot of RPGs:

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening [Switch] – September 20
  • Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [Switch] – September 20
  • Ni No Kuni Remastered: Wrath of the White Witch [PC, PS4] – September 20
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition [PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 24
  • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear [PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 24
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition [PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 24
  • Contra Rogue Corps [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 24
  • Dead By Daylight [Switch] – September 24
  • Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition [PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 24
  • Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition [PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 24
  • The Surge 2 [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 24
  • Code Vein [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 27
  • Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition [Switch] – September 27
  • FIFA 20 [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 27

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

• Dragon Quest 11 S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition [Switch] – September 27

All of these games could cease to exist and I wouldn't notice. CS3 was the only one on my radar.

...okay except DQXI but I've already played that anyway.

Apr 24, 2018

Wow. So happy that I've already played through (and had my fill of) DQ11 and Ni No Kuni. I'll grab Link's Awakening one day, but not at launch. What an incredible month, especially for those who like JRPGs and have never played the aforementioned games.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. So happy that I've already played through (and had my fill of) DQ11 and Ni No Kuni. I'll grab Link's Awakening one day, but not at launch. What an incredible month, especially for those who like JRPGs and have never played the aforementioned games.
that's just the last 10 days of the month btw, the entire month is really packed, with the biggest titles of the first 20 days being gears 5, catherine, monster hunter world iceborne, destiny shadowkeep and borderlands 3. monster hunter and borderlands will absolutely dominate many people's time for the month.

• Catherine: Full Body [PS4] – September 3
  • Conan Chop Chop [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 3
  • Last Oasis [PC] – September 3
  • Phoenix Point [PC, XBO] – September 3
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy [Switch] – September 3
  • Warsaw [PC] – September 4
  • Gears 5 [Xbox Game Pass] – September 6
  • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne DLC [PS4, XBO] – September 6
  • eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 10
  • Gears 5 [PC, XBO] – September 10
  • GreedFall [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 10
  • Borderlands 3 [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 13
  • Daemon X Machina [Switch] – September 13
  • Grid [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 13
  • AI: The Somnium Files [PC, PS4, Switch] – September 17
  • Destiny 2: New Light [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 17
  • Destiny 2: Shadowkeep DLC [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 17
  • FIFA 20 [EA Access] – September 19
  • Truck Driver [PS4, XBO] – September 19