MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Traveller's Tales Games is hiring for a new project currently in development. The Manchester based studio has two positions available; Game Programmer and Junior Game Programmer. The project will be "a major IP based LEGO game built in Unreal". The project seems to have some focus on networked play. Some of the daily tasks are "create fun networked enemy AI, Party AI, and Boss AI." as well as "write fun, networked player mechanics" and "populate the hubs with fun networked gameplay." TT Games is known for their LEGO games. Their first LEGO title released in 2005 and after being acquired by Warner in 2007 has focussed exclusively on making LEGO titles. Currently the team is finishing Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which is schedueled for Q1 2021.

Edit:

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lego City Undercover 2. On the new systems the load times will drop down to only about 3 minutes.

Ha, I do wonder what the load times are like with backwards compatibility on the new consoles now.

Still, I'd be down for another completely original game like Undercover, it's a shame because I think it's generally a stronger game than all the licensed stuff they pushed out.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
If it's based on movies? Lego Fast & Furious or Lego James Bond.

TV? Lego game of thrones, lego Star Trek, lego dragonball

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I know 2 guys who work at TT Games, they wont tell me what it is lol

...will they tell me instead? 😋

Finally, Lego Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the Crystal skull

Urm...November 2009

91Ob2UiMakL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Lego Sonic.

After the Sonic DLC segments in Lego Dimensions, and also considering the prior history TT has had with the series, Sega invites them to do something with the property, again. And right on time for the series' anniversary!

I'll admit it: the Dimensions content wasn't perfect, but it was the most fun I had with a "3D Sonic" game in ages.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I could honestly see a LEGO Mario game at some point... Nintendo have been cooler with having outside studios make Mario games (like Mario & Rabbids) and with the success of the real-life Mario LEGO sets recently...

It's certainly a major IP.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I wonder if they'll ever be able to sort out the rights to do a Marvel and DC game that they've talked about and teased before but never managed to be able to do

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
This sucks as it most likely means it won't be Lego City Undercover 2. So far my favorite game in the series. These guys tend to do better when the game isn't just aping a movie, but instead lets them tell their own little story and do something unique with a setting.

Hopefully it will still be good, and hopefully it won't be more star wars.

Wiggle

Nov 25, 2019
The Unreal part is surprising. Didn't they just build a new engine for The Skywalker Saga? Why not use that?

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
I hope it's a new DC comics Lego game.

Yeah that would be my number two choice after Lego City Undercover 2.

Maybe a new Batman/Justice League game, but more in the style of Batman 2 and not Batman 3.

I love their open world hubs, especially when they are fun to explore, have lots of secrets crammed in, and feature big boss battles.

Basically my perfect Lego game would be an open world like Lego City Undercover or DC Supervillains, with boss fights strewn about like Batman 2/Marvel's Heroes 2, with a solid, funny and unique storyline like Batman 2/ DC Supervillains, and with a really cool reward for achieving both the end of the game and 100% completion like the secret level in Pirates of the Caribbean, where you go to fight all of the bosses while going through the Disney ride. The later games reward for 100% completion have kind of sucked. No secret bosses, no secret level, just a fountain of lego pieces and maybe a celebratory cake.

Last edited:

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This sucks as it most likely means it won't be Lego City Undercover 2. So far my favorite game in the series. These guys tend to do better when the game isn't just aping a movie, but instead lets them tell their own little story and do something unique with a setting.

Hopefully it will still be good, and hopefully it won't be more star wars.

This was one of my favorite games from last gen. It's so good in spite of the load times.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
For reference here are the other "major" IP's that got LEGO games

Indiana Jones
Harry Potter
Star Wars
Batman
The Lord of the Rings
Marvel Super Heroes
The Hobbit
DC Super-Villains
LEGO Movie

Lego Sonic.

After the Sonic DLC segments in Lego Dimensions, and also considering the prior history TT has had with the series, Sega invites them to do something with the property, again. And right on time for the series' anniversary!

I'll admit it: the Dimensions content wasn't perfect, but it was the most fun I had with a "3D Sonic" game in ages.
Interestingly enough, Traveller's Tales worked on two prior Sonic games back when they were not owned by Warner Bros. Sonic 3D Blast in 1996 and Sonic R in 1997.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
This was one of my favorite games from last gen. It's so good in spite of the load times.

I played on PC so load times were ok at 5-8 seconds for me. In fact playign all of these games on PC has been a blessing. Ultra wide support going all the way back to Batman 1 and Pirates meant split screen coop with my son was much more enjoyable. Lego dimensions on my Xbox One S in coop was horrible with frame rate dropping below 30 constantly, less real estate for each of us on the screen, and well, lego dimensions dumb toys to life mechanics really soured us on the game pretty early on. I don't think we've beat anything other than the ghost buster levels. Admittedly the ghostbuster stuff was primarly what we bought the game for....

OH MY GOD, could it be a new ghostbusters game?! The new movie comes out next year... maybe? That would be awesome! Especially if it either tells an original story in the universe, or maybe is just crammed with content covering all the movies.

Oct 26, 2017
I could honestly see a LEGO Mario game at some point... Nintendo have been cooler with having outside studios make Mario games (like Mario & Rabbids) and with the success of the real-life Mario LEGO sets recently...

It's certainly a major IP.
My only disappointment is that Nintendo never went back to TT Games/TT Fusion for a follow-up to Lego City Undercover. That game was absolutely divine and showed how much Lego could thrive with Nintendo's guidance and polish. The game going multiplat was crushing because it went as predicted; the remaster without Nintendo suffered from a real lack of polish, ESPECIALLY on Switch. What they should've done was had done a Switch-exclusive remaster with Nintendo directly, and then let it go multiplat under WB Games. It's by far the most disappointing remaster on Switch for me. :'(

But the game did really well on Wii U and 3DS didn't it? Was WB just refusing to allow a second exclusive? Even by Reggie's own words at E3 2011, the series had over half of its total copies sold on Nintendo systems alone and I'm pretty certain that's still true today.

A Lego Mario/Nintendo IP definitely is a smart idea, but not as preferable as another original Lego game between Nintendo and TT Games since it birthed such a wonderful game the first time.