• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
What do you mean by that? Shit worries me.

GaaS as in they'll support it long term with lots of content, or as in they'll riddle it with micro transactions, or as in it'll be an MMO.
Think of it like a kid friendly version of The Avengers game (or Anthem or similar GaaS like games). Like an online, group-together-and-do-missions type game.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Correct, thats what makes it extra interesting along with the tiny network related hints.

I'm assuming its going to be sort of a GaaS like structured game.
Hope the SP still winds up being worthwhile.

I'd wager this will be a DC-based game. Don't see WB going the GaaS route with an IP they don't own.

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
Well, I've not worked there for years but the lengthy dev cycle for the new Star Wars game and fact that they're switching to Unreal doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture of their own engine...

In fairness, though - what engine can compete with Unreal? And most of the rest of WB already uses it, so why not change to it?

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I've not worked there for years but the lengthy dev cycle for the new Star Wars game and fact that they're switching to Unreal doesn't exactly paint a rosy picture of their own engine...

In fairness, though - what engine can compete with Unreal? And most of the rest of WB already uses it, so why not change to it?
I see. thanks for the info

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Oooh, I hope we'll get a big graphical leap for the new generation.

The last MAJOR graphical update the LEGO games got was LEGO Star Wars 3 back in the 360 PS3 gen. They've looked really good ever since then (LEGO is fairly simple so you don't need to be too crazy), but if they could add some great Ray tracing and material effects that would be really awesome.

As for which franchise it is, I'd love it if they did a full X-men game. Like X-men Legends 1+2, but LEGO.
Lego Marvel Cinematic Universe, all 22 movies.
That would be insane.
They've actually done quite a few of the movies in the past Marvel games (or at least "inspired by" versions and some of them were dlc levels), but having all in one game would be pretty crazy.

I imagine they'd only be able to give each movie like 1 or 2 levels each in order to fit it in one game.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see them work with Nintendo on a Mario game. That or a Marvel and DC game would be aces.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
N
Oooh, I hope we'll get a big graphical leap for the new generation.

The last MAJOR graphical update the LEGO games got was LEGO Star Wars 3 back in the 360 PS3 gen. They've looked really good ever since then (LEGO is fairly simple so you don't need to be too crazy), but if they could add some great Ray tracing and material effects that would be really awesome.

As for which franchise it is, I'd love it if they did a full X-men game. Like X-men Legends 1+2, but LEGO.

They've actually done quite a few of the movies in the past Marvel games (or at least "inspired by" versions and some of them were dlc levels), but having all in one game would be pretty crazy.

I imagine they'd only be able to give each movie like 1 or 2 levels each in order to fit it in one game.

They could do part 1 and part 2 to split it up, then itd be about as long as the Star Wars complete thats about to release.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Hopefully we'll see a LEGO Marvel Cinematic Universe. All 23 Movies, Don't care if it's only one stage per movie either, I'd just love it. I actually really liked LEGO Avengers

+ They can use F4 and X-Men again.