• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Finally a trailer. I've been waiting ages, since the announcement for this one. Looks pretty good, and with Liza Sobereno to boot.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Really don't like these kind of visuals. Looks a bit like the DC animated stuff. Gonna take a look at the comic to see if they just butchered it.

Edit: Yea, the comic seems to have a unique visual style but this trailer made it just look super generic.

trese-ablaze-12-0104-669x1024.jpg

Wari Oman

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 2, 2021
Really don't like these kind of visuals. Looks a bit like the DC animated stuff. Gonna take a look at the comic to see if they just butchered it.

Edit: Yea, the comic seems to have a unique visual style but this trailer made it just look super generic.

trese-ablaze-12-0104-669x1024.jpg

Wow, yeah the anime is a very clear downgrade personality wise IMO.

Are there any Japanse animators working on this btw or does NX just call everything anime now ?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I never expected it to look like the comic books, especially not with how Netflix are throwing about with the term anime. It's just nice to finally have a Filipino production on the service that hopefully still has some of the interesting stories in there.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Reception of the trailer here in the Philippines is good. I know that the animation is not top tier, but it's not that bad.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does look like someone suggested, a later DC animated movie, with gore I guess. Little boring visually.

Just a shame we keep seeing all these adapations lose all personality in the art department.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the illustrations on the first episode are topnotch, but that seems to be what they all are, illustrations.

So I'm watching a Filipino comic book adaptation animated by an Indonesian firm in Japanese dub with English subtitles. Can you feel that? That's world harmony!

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Liked the comic so will watch but damn the artstyle in the anime is a clear downgrade from the comic.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Man the series seriously needed at least 6 more episodes, 6 is waaaaaaaaaay too short for the type of story they were going for. Honestly should have kept it smaller more personal and just let the interesting lore and universe carry the show, or given the series more episodes to justify the whole typical world coming to an end plot.

Seriously if you got time to burn sure give it a watch it's a miracle it got made at all, but overall it's disappointing.

Oct 26, 2017
This is a pretty good show. Some knowledge of Philippine mythological creatures will make it more enjoyable but it's entertaining by itself.

Oct 27, 2017
Things I liked:
• Not 100% generic Urban Fantasy (not your typical vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies, orcs)
• Pacing, it is fast, if this was a Japanese TV anime it would have been 20 episodes for the same story
• Twins, main character's companions who seem to have ok personalities
• Somehow gory and doesn't shy away from violence
• Art, while you can see it isn't high budget, they still have establishing and action shots that are missing in most budget animes/cartoons. Might be below castevania a bit, but far ahead of trash like we had in Pacific Rim anime

Things I disliked:
• YA protagonist who is so perfect with no flaws, center of everything, and power level that never poses any threat
• While not generic fantasy, all of the creatures/tribes are just cosmetic without much depth, you could even replace them with thugs with weapons and they would serve the same function.
• Very crude and unexplored society interacting with creatures aspect, almost everything is about creatures killing humans at night, despite societies living together for hundreds of years.
• Prophecies and family baggage
• Villains are terrible cartoony, all of them are trash as far as writing and motivations go
• Final episode is just bad, it retroactively made the previous episodes much worse

Worth watching if you are bored, but not impressed. It was just ok.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Just finished S1. Was really into it until the last two episodes which are just a repetitive exposition dump. Ep6 is downright bad. And it just kind of... ends?

Would've really liked a longer season with monster-of-the-week mysteries like the actress episode. Show really built up this neo-noir Phillipines Constantine vibe then just threw it away.