ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

Jay Rasulo Says “Disney Runs In My Blood”; Former Parks Chief With Activist Investor Nelson Peltz Not Out “To Fire The CEO”

Nelson Peltz and Jay Rasulo, who are fighting to get themselves elected to the Disney board against the company’s wishes, said today they’re not out “to fire the CEO.” Peltz of Trian Partners has been publicly bashing the company and Iger for a year. Rasulo hasn’t taken the stage publicly until...

The queries — curated and read by a moderator seated at a conference table with the two men — served pretty much as setups for them to hit all their talking points, bashing executive pay, park prices, a wobbly studio, a "toxic" culture after so many reorgs, and, though they didn't use the word, woke content that turns off Disney's traditional family viewers.
"I don't think the shareholder [who lamented the latter] is alone. I think when I was at the company, and all the years [before], when people see the Disney name on a movie, they never said, 'Can I take my family to [see it]? And will I have to explain what was going on between those people?' … It was just guaranteed."

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Simba suffer lifetime trauma from his father being thrown from a cliffside and stampeded to death doesn't make you question whether you can take your family to see it, but the possibility of a gay or trans character (and whatever else constitutes "woke" in the conservative mind) simply existing does. Definitely seems logical.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
"bashing executive pay"
Yes, we can all agree on this

"park prices"
Prices to visit the park, plus all the other costs and stuff involved with high costs of food, hotels, etc., and yes it's also out of hand.

"a wobbly studio, a "toxic" culture after so many reorgs"
I don't know what examples they are using, but a lot of decisions lately have been messy with the huge focus on just pumping out a huge amount of their popular IPs, remakes, sequels, etc

"and, though they didn't use the word, woke content that turns off Disney's traditional family viewers"
Aaaand now it becomes a personal/political problem for them and reading too much into things on what some people online whine about. There's reasons why some movies didn't perform as well, and this is certainly not why (See: 'woke' Barbie)

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I've been saying this all along and anyone who was paying attention knows this.

Ike Perlmutter is behind this and he was the one that pushed Marvel's diversity efforts back multiple times, he's a Trump admin asshole too.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Called it, it was apparent from the jump when Peltz suddenly got interested only because he's friends with Ike Perlmutter and Ike was kicked out last year

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I've been saying this all along and anyone who was paying attention knows this.

Ike Perlmutter is behind this and he was the one that pushed Marvel's diversity efforts back multiple times, he's a Trump admin asshole too.

He's trying to get back in. 81 years old and can't let go.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Ike’s Revenge? Ousted Marvel Mogul Looms As Disney Proxy Fight Heats Up

Disney says a "personal agenda" against Bob Iger by ousted exec Ike Perlmutter is fueling an activist investor’s new attempt to reshape the company’s board and grab more seats.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
"and, though they didn't use the word, woke content that turns off Disney's traditional family viewers"
Aaaand now it becomes a personal/political problem for them and reading too much into things on what some people online whine about. There's reasons why some movies didn't perform as well, and this is certainly not why (See: 'woke' Barbie)

This plus this
image.png
screams crusty old boomer energy, do not want, not even a little. Hope the shareholders vote against

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Just wants to burn the company into the ground.

Modern Disney has a lot of problems but Perlmutter/Peltz would make none of them better.
That's the idea, they only want to burrow and turn it to a husk.

Also look up the Blackstone side, it's even more insane only because their plans are basically...most what people are asking for.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
God, Disney themselves can barely fucking act decent, and all these relics keep trying to erase the little good Disney is doing being more diverse.

Like, you can't save Disney by bringing back Song of the South, dickheads.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory thread derail
God, Disney themselves can barely fucking act decent, and all these relics keep trying to erase the little good Disney is doing being more diverse.

Like, you can't save Disney by bringing back Song of the South, dickheads.
Not to mention Peltz and Perlmutter are Zionists

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I truthfully fail to see their case. Every point they made last time was addressed and done when Iger came back and instituted massive changes internally. The ships turned around and I do not see a case where they present enough valuable grievances to win 3 board seats. The new points they made amounted to "yea but what if they did it better."

Dec 30, 2020
Turns off? I immediately get interested in content if it's REPRESENTATIVE OF THE HUMAN CONDITION.

Or if said content shows someone who angrily uses the word 'woke' getting eaten by something with far too many mouths.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Disney ironically is helping Israel I think

Disney has been passively neutral, AFAIK, which is why they tend to be the target for BDS - for not taking a side.

The major exception being the whole Sabra thing in Cap 4, but they are rewriting that role from the ground up last we heard.

I could be wrong of course!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I truthfully fail to see their case. Every point they made last time was addressed and done when Iger came back and instituted massive changes internally. The ships turned around and I do not see a case where they present enough valuable grievances to win 3 board seats. The new points they made amounted to "yea but what if they did it better."
That's the crazy part, this is the 2nd time he's doing this but he's adding Rasulo who was the CFO before McCarthy aka the reason Chapek got fucked and was just bad being as the CFO hence he was gone pre Disneys run in the 2010s.

Peltz funny saying he's not a Perlmutter expy when evidence says he only got involved after Perlmutter went to him after he got the ax.

Bengraven