Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Fries are amazing, hamburger was mid as fuck. Cookout(the franchise) kick their ass in that department. WAY over priced all in all

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
still better than in n out
the real downside to five guys is cost to performance ratio.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
but what if apple crushed 5 guys with a hydraulic press

you'd change your tune then

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna get Fat Burger tonight. I don't know how much it is your parts but a double fat burger is close to $20 CDN here. Just the burger.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
It's the only way I can get those delicious, buttery American buns in my European corner of the world. Only once a year though, it's even more expensive here.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've come around to it. It's better than innout but everything also costs twice as much. Also doesn't have those ridiculous lines that most innouts in my area do.

Every now and then I'll treat myself.

AngelL0ls

Oct 28, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
As someone who doesn't even live in the US so has no skin in the battle.

Every time I have traveled for a business trip and have wound up getting In N Out after meetings before crashing at the hotel I'm staying at, it has ALWAYS been mid.
Some of the most over-rated fast food considering how many people I know talk it up.

Never tried 5 Guys, Whataburger also blows and Shake Shack is passable at best. 🤷‍♂️

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i prefer steak 'n shake

they got a $4 menu and the garlic burger is good as fuck

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
I find 5 Guys is super location/employee dependent. I have had some that were amazing and others where it was like they did not know what salt and pepper were.

shake shack sucks everywhere though.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
their burgers are ok but i like their fries a lot. i mostly get their hotdogs since barely anyone else has that option. all in all, i've preferred making my own burgers lately and it's been going great. the only thing i can't compete with is the side orders. cutting my own fries to fry is too much work and i haven't found grocery bought frozen fries that taste great.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Gotta use the secret menu. If you say "deadlift style" they give you burger with two split hotdogs inside

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
You're right about Cookout, they pound for pound smack around just about any chain and do it cheap.

Their cajun fries are better than Five Guys too.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the secret of five guys is that you get $3-4 worth of toppings for free. If you enjoy your burger with those topping then the cost is still steep but reasonable.

If you getting it plain then yeah rip off city.

TaxiDriver

Oct 30, 2017
Feels like I am the only one who doesn't like the fries. Taste bland and don't have any crunch. Prefer McDonalds fries.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
I have the exact opposite experience with my local Five Guys. Burgers are fantastic but majority of the time the fries are a limp and soggy mess. The times I do get crispier fries I'm in heaven.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
the Five Guys next to me closed. really confused as place was always packed

I don't eat fast food anymore but i'd always get it for family and friends. food looked pretty mid and greasy as F but I was like lol that's the "feature"

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I God a steak at waffle house once. What was I thinking?
I have proudly never gotten anything but Waffles from Waffle House. The steak looks good but I've never heard anyone that's actually had it say good things about it.
Thank you for your suffering, I'm gonna add you to the list for when ppl ask why I stick with my waffles.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I'm the opposite. Burgers are are decent but the fries are trash. Like the only good thing about the fries is how much you get but a lot of trash is still just trash.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I like five guys but I'm not paying that price for a fast food burger, I can pay a few dollars more and get a crazy food truck burger that's ten times the quality. My town has like four burger food trucks that while definitely not cheep are knock you dead amazing.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
but what if apple crushed 5 guys with a hydraulic press

you'd change your tune then
😂 I swear you been in like three threads saying some shit about that Apple press commercials. Let me go head and watch that shit lmao!

Five Guys in my opinion is priced appropriately since it's not a fast food chain.