thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Five Guys has the best burger out of any regional/national franchise and the fries are easily top 3 (I think Wingstop just edges it out).

I don't get the hate toward it on anything but the price.

Although I've heard more than once from critics "it shouldn't take five guys to make a burger"

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Five Guys has the best burger out of any regional/national franchise and the fries are easily top 3 (I think Wingstop just edges it out).

I don't get the hate toward it on anything but the price.

Although I've heard more than once from critics "it shouldn't take five guys to make a burger"
It's all so subjective. For me, I reaaally need to be in the mood for it because of the high grease/meat juice content. Juicy burgers are great, but these have a certain extra funk to them.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah, their burgers aren't the best, they remind me of like fair or concession stand burgers. But being able to get that kind of burger just whenever is pretty cool.

But they are expensive, not close, and something about them, probably the fries, tend to upset my stomach.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Their shakes are pretty decent.

Freddy's has them all beat though. I have to stop there every time I pass through Missoula.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never gone into Five Guys and thought "Wow, this is a bad burger", "Wow, this is an average burger", or "Wow, I regret coming here." Sure, there are BETTER burgers here and there, but it's by no means the worst burgers or fries I've ever had.

It's usually just along the lines of "Wow, this is pricey", so I just typically don't go unless it's with a group of friends and we're spending time over in that part of the city anyhow.

Lilification

Mar 28, 2024
I'd rather just go to Culvers or Wendy's. Five Guys is way too expensive and their burgers are always soggy + look like someone sat on them and the fries are greasier than a McDonalds kitchen floor.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
you just know the thread title potential was squandered so badly, like i'm ashamed to post in this thread, you can tell op saw it and decided against it, shameful

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada
They had my fav fries until I found this place, only one location in Ontario, Canada

Pickle Fries.

FxTyyLLX0AIGHLL

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Had my first one in London earlier this year after watching Godzilla Minus One and thought it was great.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Five Guys is perfectly fine. Cajun fries are alright, but not a big draw for me, maybe once or twice a year. Anyone trying to pit them against In N Out, you know, I'll respect it, different strokes for different folks I guess, but I don't think there's much of a contest there in terms of food quality or price.

It is pretty cool to munch on some peanuts while you wait for your burg though.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
People still don't understand the best part about In n Out is the low cost for fresh ingredients

Also ask for the fries to be cooked light well

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
still better than in n out
the real downside to five guys is cost to performance ratio.
Is it even a hot take?

Of the highest order.

People still don't understand the best part about In n Out is the low cost for fresh ingredients

Also ask for the fries to be cooked light well

Cheeseburger of choice: Animal style, Extra Lettuce, extra tomato.
Fries: Well or light done fries animal style.
Drink: Neo shake.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not an In n Out evangelist, I think they're pretty alright and really nice if you want lunch on a budget, but they're heads above the shit that is Five Guys. But maybe I just think Five Guys burgers are the most overrated of them all.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I liked it a lot 10 years ago when the burger cost like $8 and the guys working at the spot I went to always hooked me up with free fries. Couldn't bother with it now at these prices

And yes, in-n-out will always be 100x better just solely because of the price.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
There's a somewhat small regional chain near where I live called BGR that has prices comparable to Five Guys, but the burgers are way better in my experience. Couldn't tell you how the fries compare since I've never gotten them (their tater tots are absurdly good).

julian

Oct 27, 2017
no. i will die on this hill.
Good
Is the hot dog any good

Has anyone in history ever gone to Five Guys and ended up with a hot dog in their hands
I have a few times, however:
I find 5 Guys is super location/employee dependent. I have had some that were amazing and others where it was like they did not know what salt and pepper were.
I came to say this. Some are great, some are offensively bad. Absolutely no consistency in my experience compared with a lot of other chains.

Oct 28, 2017
My experience with 5 Guys is that the location really matters on the burger's taste. First ate it in Texas and it was just edible, like they didn't season the patties or something. Then they started opening them up in Arizona and our local one is incredible. Or was, it is so expensive now that I haven't gotten food from them in the last three years. Not that we're eating a ton of fast food nowadays but the cost/quality value is a lot better at In N Out, Culver's, and Taco Bell. If I am paying sit down restaurant prices, I want sit down restaurant food.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I keep thinking I want to have another 5 Guys as I recall the last time we had it catered to us at work it was good.

But then I remember that Wayback is closer and it's practically the perfect burger so I have no reason to risk trying 5 Guys again.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I eat Cook Out it's at 2AM and I feel like I'm going to die afterwards

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
PSA to Canadians in this topic. If you want an actually delicious fast food burger, and you haven't been to A&W in awhile, go to A&W. Much cheaper than "premium" fast food like Five Guys, etc too.

If you're American, I'm sorry your A&W is such gutter trash.