werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The point of In-N-Out is that they're cheap and they use fresher ingredients than most fast food. It's like a back-to-basics higher-quality McDonald's that won't make you feel like death when you're done eating.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
The point of In-N-Out is that they're cheap and they use fresher ingredients than most fast food. It's like a back-to-basics higher-quality McDonald's that won't make you feel like death when you're done eating.
stop coming into this thread with your 'understanding' of 'context' and 'markets'

either agree with something is shit and something else is goated or leave this website, sir.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
5 Guys is so mediocre, even the fries. There are plenty of places around me where I can get a burger and fries and it doesn't cost me $18, or if it does, they're actually good. I gave it another chance a month ago and regretted it.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I've always found their burger really underwhelming, especially compared to its price tier. It's not terrible, just bland.

Maybe it's a quality control issue. Shake Shack around here is pretty good but I've had bad experiences at others.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
The buns go soggy too fast. If you do carry out, it's messy by the time you get home.

I gave up red meat two months ago, though, so I guess it's off the table anyway. If I were to get a burger though, I'd go local.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
5 Guys burgers are great, but they aren't worth the price. If they cost half as much I would go there way more often and not feel like I'm getting fleeced every time.

Next time I am there though, I need to remember that extra cheese and bacon life hack.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
For people who say the fries are soggy, ask for them crispy + cajun seasoning - they double fry them and the fries are amazing.

Five Guys burgers are very mid, especially for the price. I've only gone there for fries over the past year.

Oct 27, 2017
Never understood why 5Guys is so loved. I've had better burgers from Dairy Queen than from 5Guys.

Culvers has always been pretty good to me.
Wataburger is good if you get their special burgers. Their normal ones have always tasted like Sonic burgers to me.
Haven't tried In-N-Out yet, but I might get to in a few weeks. We'll see how it goes.

Mar 11, 2020
wow any time i tried it, it was the opposite.

Fries kinda suck and aren't crispy and just floppy, but burger is amazing but WAY not worth the cost. So i never eat there.

If i do ever try again i will have to try the cajun fries as i see people suggesting cause i def only tried just their regular fries.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I never got the hype. Every time I have to go to Paris for work, the collegues insist on eating at Five Guys in the station upon arriving, and it's just a bland burger squished together and wrapped in tinfoil, and mushy fries. On top of that the interior makes you feel like your eating in a public bathroom.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
It's lots of fries, that I kinda wish they left in for a bit more and a greasy burger. Not bad but also nothing to write home about. Also expensive. Haven't been in years.

rubbish_opinions

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 8, 2021
Five Guys is just an overpriced McD, propelled by word-of-mouth of people with no palate. Anything franchised is overpriced McD unless it's two or three shops, really.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting so tired of burger joints doing smashburgers. I know that it's basically just a strategy to use less meat, but if I buy a burger I want to taste the burger, not the fucking salad they hide it inside of.

If you're getting Five Guys you basically need to get a double or triple for the meat to even start to show itself and god that's expensive.

And yes, get the cajun fries - ask for a half order or your bag will be drowned in fries.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Five Guys is good. It's not even remotely worth the price. You can get the same meal for half the price at In & Out and while I think Five Guys has higher quality food, it's not double the quality.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
i mean, I make dope burgers at home. I've never had a better burger than the one I make myself.

So if I'm gonna get a burger I just want a shitty cheap one that I can feel guilty about later.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm getting so tired of burger joints doing smashburgers. I know that it's basically just a strategy to use less meat, but if I buy a burger I want to taste the burger, not the fucking salad they hide it inside of.

If you're getting Five Guys you basically need to get a double or triple for the meat to even start to show itself and god that's expensive.

And yes, get the cajun fries - ask for a half order or your bag will be drowned in fries.

For real.

Smash burgers are just charcoal, grease, and lettuce.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For real.

Smash burgers are just charcoal, grease, and lettuce.

It feels like Burger YouTube has convinced the entirety of reality that smashburgers are the ideal way to cook ground beef and I genuinely don't get it. Yes, I know about maillard reactions and how they work, but when your patty is so thin and flat that all the fat melts out and burns on the skillet, all you're tasting is char at that point.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
If it was half the price, I'd probably be there a lot more often.

But price hikes at fast food are helping my weight loss, so maybe it's a good thing

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Five Guys is in a weird position where they make some of the best fast-food style burgers but charge as much as you'd expect to pay eating in a proper sit-down burger restaurant that has a semblance of quality.

If I was paying £7-8 for Five Guys I really wouldn't mind. But for fucking £13+ not including the cost of chips and a drink is practically robbery. I could go down the road to one of the several award winning burger restaurants in town and get much better quality for a few quid more. Like, fuck, for the cost of their basic-ass fries I could get a whole bowl of loaded fries and not have to fuck around with multiple trips to the mayo dispenser.

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite thing about going to Five Guys is how they yell out stuff like, "Two in the door!".

I usually imagine a follow-up of, "Two on the floor!", which either consists of two people doing sideways 🪱 on the floor or just two customers dancing 💃 🕺 anywhere inside.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I swear the fries used to be better, idk what it is but they taste awful now, like the oil taste seeps into them and it wasn't that way before :/

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I find every burger place mid when there's a Culvers right up the street from me (Minnesota)

Can't compete with a fresh butter burger, custard or a cod sandwich.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never go there again because of the prices, but I thought the burgers were fine. Especially as you can add whatever you want.
I'll never get the love for the fries, though. They have the same taste and texture as the paper bag they come in. Just awful.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
They've gone nuts on pricing since back when they first opened up, easy to imagine a first-timer in 2024 walking away like "that's it??"

that said I still put it above in-and-out. Maybe I just got unlucky but that meal was the definition of average

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Is it even a hot take? In n out being great for the price but not like actually amazing burgers is generally accepted afaik
Exactly, people don't seem to understand in-n-out is a better McDonalds, it's not trying to be a higher end burger, I hate when people compare it to five guys or the "higher" end fast food burgers. It should be compared to McDonald's, Burger King etc.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
they have locations in germany and i went to one first time and i actually got my money refunded for how badly i felt scammed

i ordered a "hotdog", which was like 8,20 EUROS WTF so i was expecting something good and massive, and tasted like absolute shit, the bread roll literally fell apart when i picked it up. the sausage was garbage

i can go get a bratwurst im brötchen at any imbiss stand for like 3,50 euro, and get a massive one with tasty as fuck, proper german bread roll

first time in my life i ever returned food and asked for a refund directly. never gone there again. first time and only time. literal garbage. any time i rarely go to a fast food franchise it reinforces why these franchises are so shit and can just get better "fast food" at a imbiss stand/mom and pop place when craving that.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm the opposite, love the burgers, find their fries mid, and there's way too many of them. All I see in FIVE GUYS is a huge amount of fries going in the bin. So much wastage.

I like their burgers because I prefer a couple of thin patties to one quarter pounder (Same reason I go for the double cheeseburger at McDs over the QP there too.). And you get proper fried onions unlike most other fast food chains.

Total rip off though (doesn't cost much more to go to a proper burger restaurant), and I hate the ambience of the place.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Fries are amazing, hamburger was mid as fuck. Cookout(the franchise) kick their ass in that department. WAY over priced all in all
How close were you to Fairfax County, Virginia and how much of the floor could you see beneath peanut shells. Both of these effect the quality of any given 5 Guys

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I know it's not fast food, but Chili's $10.99 3 for Me deal might be a game changer especially since I have one close to me. I don't think I'll ever consider going to a high end fast food place like 5 Guys with this deal around now

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Five Guys in Madrid and it was really good. Then I tried it in the US and its kind of meh. On par with In N Out IMO, but I didn't know about the secret menu

Oct 30, 2017
i truly do not understand how anyone could possibly think that in-n-out is better than five guys if money is no object. it's like arguing that economy plane seats are better than premium economy

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
i truly do not understand how anyone could possibly think that in-n-out is better than five guys if money is no object. it's like arguing that economy plane seats are better than premium economy
There are times I would want either or for preference.

Bottom line is if the chains are at my disposal, I'm crushing Shake Shack

Oct 28, 2017
I think my regular Five Guys order is like $24

Mary and Joesph! You mean for one person? Granted I haven't been since Covid hit and they closed the one near me but I don't remember them being THAT expensive at all.

I liked them well enough but honestly I think I would rather have a McDonalds 1/3pound Angus and Mushroom Swiss.

You reading this Clown Man! Bring back the Angus Burger!!!!!!