ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
my brother showed me this tonight and they are onto a winner there. If this isn't streamed by everyone with a twitch account by October then there is no justice.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the first time i've realized im just old because you'd have to pay me to play through those sounds and visuals

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
poot poot poot pooooooooooooot

I hope someone mods in the Jurassic Park theme

Oct 30, 2017
I'm good. The joke wears thin after about 30 minutes. It starts to grate soon after.
Yeah, same here. Funny, clever, but it's like a game idea for a sketch comedy that's funny for 5 minutes, and at the end of the five minutes, you're like, I've been good on this for about 2.5 minutes, and my chuckles are now kind of just slight nasal exhales.
Good on devs for the idea and making bank!

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring? God of War Ragnarok? Nah, this is the GOTY right here.
From the today's PC Gamer article:
www.pcgamer.com

The world's first trombone rhythm game is instantly a GOTY contender

Trombones. Hot dogs. Baboons. Collectible cards. Lore. Trombone Champ has it all.

TROMBO-MA-PHONE
TROMBO-MA-PHONE

9d446f7d9d8c11c8d30378bb0d551a13.jpg

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Activision should take this opportunity to release a new IP based on this; a successor of Guitar Hero called Trombone Hero.

m0trombonehero_m_Royal%20Blue.jpg

Also, just like Guitar Hero, comes with physical controller as well.

untitled-1mle78.png

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
this is the exception where port begging should be 100% encouraged

I want CBAT on this bad boy

Dado2

Mar 30, 2021
How does input work currently? I assumed mouse, but I listened to a streamer and it sounded like he was banging on keys. I want to play this on controller, but I want to know more about inputs.

OP
OP
FrakEarth

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
How does input work currently? I assumed mouse, but I listened to a streamer and it sounded like he was banging on keys. I want to play this on controller, but I want to know more about inputs.
Mouse controls the pitch, but you can press keys to simulate the 'blow'. You can map to gyro on Steam Deck or if you have a gyro capable controller.

It's crazy but I feel like Wii Music might have worked if they had realised how ridiculous it looked and geared it towards online/streamable/shareable audio comedy.

Also, apologies - I hadn't spotted earlier threads like this one - I was just too excited
www.resetera.com

HOLY CRAP this might be the funniest game I've ever seen. Everyone stop what you're doing and watch this immediately. (Trombone Champ- Northernlion)

I was working and had NL on the other monitor and he started to play this game...and I couldn't work anymore. I had tears in my eyes, this is so so good. Genius. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1592543800?t=02h19m30s Skip to 2hr 19min if the time stamp doesn't work. (best to watch this on Twitch...

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
You move the mouse up and down to change pitch and you can click the left mouse button or any keyboard key to blow

Dec 6, 2017
US
Definitely had me sensibly chuckling for approximately 20 seconds but after that I was like yeah nah, I would never actually play this shit. And I'm a guy who will still pull up the Jurassic Park Melodica video for a good laugh.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I must be brain broken because I just do not find this funny.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
so how does the game work? do you just move your mouse to track the trombone track or something?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is this what getting old feels like? Not understanding the joke people are in on anymore? I don't like it.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, having played a a few songs, I'm not sure how it would work on a controller. Maybe something like a flick stick approach or gyro?

gilko79

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
This is hilarious, but I already play that badly in real life as a trombonist. I don't need a game to pile it on.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
They need to add a skeleton model with a gold tuba and also add steam workshop for songs. This game will blow up.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
The character even looks like a Nintendo Mii. Seems like a good match for Switch lol.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, but it gives me Cards Against Humanity vibes in that it's at its funniest during everyone's first time playing, and then becomes drastically less so very very quickly.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Honestly, having played a a few songs, I'm not sure how it would work on a controller. Maybe something like a flick stick approach or gyro?
You could do 1:1 tracking of the Y-axis of the joystickstick to the cursor. If you hold the stick to the left or right, and then move up and down, you can have pretty good control and precision of the vertical placement of the stick. Whether or not you could satisfyingly cover the vertical range on screen I don't know.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
You could do 1:1 tracking of the Y-axis of the joystickstick to the cursor. If you hold the stick to the left or right, and then move up and down, you can have pretty good control and precision of the vertical placement of the stick. Whether or not you could satisfyingly cover the vertical range on screen I don't know.
Yeah to be clear, it actually has this and I tried it, but let's just say it's not a good way to play lol. I'm sure there are some people who that works for, but I don't think the control is fine enough for most people on a console.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood what you were describing. I meant to say there is joystick control but it's not how you described. What I think you described is actually exactly what I was referring to when I mentioned flickstick like control might work.

Last edited:

Courfeyrac

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yup, this is a funny game. Been playing it with gyro on my Deck (thanks for the heads up cause the trackpad was NOT doing it for me), and it's just fun to play.

How long will I play it for? Not sure yet. But it's very entertaining even playing solo, and I can imagine it'd be more fun with an audience.