• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not much new footage here (other than Rey looking shocked at the end), but we've got some new dialog from old Sheev here that seems to imply JJ ain't ready to let the past die!

Just for kicks, I've compiled everything I could find that Palpatine has said across all the ads/trailers so far. He is definitely a talkative fellow in this flick.

*evil cackle*
"Your journey...nears its end."
"A long time have I waited. And now...your coming together...will be your undoing."
"This will be the final word...in the story of Skywalker!"
"Let the final battle begin!"
"Execute the final order!"*
"At last, my boy. I have been every voice...you've ever heard...inside your head!"
"It is time that she learned her story."

*This one only showed up in a Spanish language ad for some reason.

Let's hope for as much ham as possible.

Last edited:

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be surprised if Palpatine didn't create Rey via the force, going by his phrases in the trailer. I would find that jarring with TLJ that seems to be so much about how any kid can inspire to be the next jedi, and don't need to be predisposed by legacy or being related to someone else. The random orphan kid looking at the stars... and Rey's conflict being having to accept her parents aren't anyone special, and Palpatine might be kind of her force father which sounds like a back pedal. Rey being nobody some people argued went against the foreshadowing, but I think it was also better not to have a cliche and it gave a better emotional, inner conflict.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just for kicks, I've compiled everything I could find that Palpatine has said across all the ads/trailers so far. He is definitely a talkative fellow in this flick.

*evil cackle*
"Your journey...nears its end."
"A long time have I waited. And now...your coming together...will be your undoing."
"Let the final battle begin!"
"Execute the final order!"*
"At last, my boy. I have been every voice...you've ever heard...inside your head!"
"It is time that she learned her story."

*This one only showed up in a Spanish language ad for some reason.
You're missing "This will be the final word... in the story of Skywalker!"

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
You're missing "This will be the final word... in the story of Skywalker!"
Really sounds to me he's explaining how Rey is like his new Anakin skywalker, a nobody like Anakin, who was born in a backwater world and chosen by a mysterious power. I guess we're meant to think in the trailers, he's talking about Ben Solo, but that shot of Rey being corrupted has to fit in somewhere and I doubt it's just Ben talking about how he wants to corrupt her. He proposed a new order without siths and jedis.