Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

Trump’s 2020 'fake electors' charged with state crimes in Arizona

The indictments follow an investigation led by Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes, a Democrat, into efforts to subvert the results of the 2020 election.
A state grand jury in Arizona on Wednesday indicted so-called "fake electors" who backed then-President Donald Trump in 2020, following a sprawling investigation into the alleged efforts to overturn Joe Biden's win in the presidential election in the state.

One month after the 2020 election, 11 Trump supporters convened at the Arizona GOP's headquarters in Phoenix to sign a certificate claiming to be Arizona's 11 electors to the Electoral College, though Biden won the state by 10,457 votes and his electors were certified by state officials. The state Republican Party documented the signing of the certificate in a social media post and sent it to Congress and the National Archives.

Among those charged is Kelli Ward, who served as chair of the Arizona GOP during the 2020 election and the immediate aftermath. She tweeted on Jan. 6, 2021, after the attack on the U.S. Capitol: "Congress is adjourned. Send the elector choice back to the legislatures." Ward was a consistent propagator of false claims that Arizona's election results were rigged.

Others charged include: state legislators Anthony Kern and Jake Hoffman; Michael Ward, Kelli Ward's husband; Tyler Bowyer, the RNC's Arizona committeeman and the chief operating officer of the Trump-aligned Turning Point USA; Greg Safsten, the former Arizona GOP executive director; former U.S. Senate candidate Jim Lamon; Robert Montgomery, the former head of the Cochise County GOP; and Republican Party activists Samuel Moorhead, Nancy Cottle and Loraine Pellegrino.

Arizona Attorney General Kris Mayes, a Democrat, won her election to be the state's chief prosecutor in November 2022, replacing Republican Mark Brnovich, a one-time ally of Trump who later earned the former president's scorn for not substantiating Trump's claims of election fraud in the state.

"We have to make sure that it's clear to everyone it's unacceptable to try to steal an election, to undermine and overthrow an election, and that's what happened," Mayes told MSNBC last year after her election victory. "We have to make sure what happened in 2020 never happens again."

The Arizona charges are the latest example of Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election sprouting into legal cases during his 2024 bid to retake office.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Mark Meadows and Rudi Giuliani are among the indicted!

(According to CNN news alert)

Those two clown shoes were making the rounds with this shit.

Last edited:

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Weren't a couple members of the Arizona Freedom Caucus wrapped up in that too? Because they are some major psychos. Wendy Rogers is an actual fucking racist. Though I do find it refreshing that they actually stuck to their guns when the abortion Supreme Court decision went through

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Jenna Ellis getting indicted again for basically the same thing is a huge fail. She flipped in Georgia when it was clear Trump was neither willing nor able to pay her legal fees and ought to hand been cooperating in any other investigation in the other states.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't a couple members of the Arizona Freedom Caucus wrapped up in that too? Because they are some major psychos. Wendy Rogers is an actual fucking racist. Though I do find it refreshing that they actually stuck to their guns when the abortion Supreme Court decision went through

Probably looking for flippers to help with Biggs and Gosar

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I can't stop laughing at what has happened to Jenna Ellis and Rudy. These fucking losers, these idiots, these god damned fucking morons were acting so tough right after Trump lost when he was still in the WH, talking so much shit on right-wing media, beating their chest on social media, talking about how they were about to expose the election fraud and no doubt believing they would be rewarded handsomely. Now look at them. Rudy is soon to be broke and will be remembered for brown goo running down his face and a speech outside a fucking landscaping business and Jenna's legal career is over and she'll be remembered for being farted on by Rudy on video. Lmao.

Nov 2, 2019
Christina Bobb! Come on down! You're the next contestant on Fuck Around and Find Out!

*Oscars voice* This is Bobb's first criminal, felony indictment for her role in attempted overthrow of the government and being a Trump sycophant.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
As a resident I am very happy that we aren't as bad as say Florida.

Yes, It's a low bar.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I hope something actually happens to them with the law. I feel like they don't get in trouble.