ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

I'm trying to understand how Twitter has allowed this tweet to stay up for an hour and a half. One would think that accusing your political opponent of wanting to execute babies would be against some sort of ToS if they actually gave a shit.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm truly a philosophical quandry for the ages- Can you abort a baby once it has been born?

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
It's because the Twitter report function is designed in such a specific way to dodge around things like this being "against the rules", making it near impossible for it to accomplish anything.

"Libel" isn't a twitter report option.

Nov 6, 2017
He's just tossing anything out there to excite whatever base he has/single issue voters. It's ain't gonna work this time.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't remotely the first time he or other prominent republicans have said this.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
It's true. We've all seen the videos of Biden strangling babies.

No..wait...he was kissing them. Shit. I always get those two things confused. 🤷‍♂️

Either way, take the babies away from Biden, it's covid times.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

They purposefully do not give users valid options to do that. The closest is "It's misleading about a political election or other civic event."

So if you click that it gives you three more options and that's it:

"It has false information about how to vote or register to vote"

"It intends to supress or intimidate someone from voting"

"It misrepresents its affiliation with or impersonates a candidate"

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
The Buzz Lightyear of abortion.

Killing them is bad but letting them grow up in cages getting abused and sick. Well thats downright American.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
How late are we talking here? Like 30? 40? Can your parents abort you if you turn out to be a bad person who contributes nothing to society.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it isn't even the first time he or republicans accused democrats of this

It's a such a bullshit talking point

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
They purposefully do not give users valid options to do that

One assumes you don't need to report a Trump tweet.

One assumes they have a team that gets paged every time the orange turd verbally shits on mankind and decides whether to flag things as over the line.

So why bother reporting him? I honestly don't see the point.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
AND JUST WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CALL WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO THE GIRLS IN YOUR INTERNMENT CAMPS!!!???

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean he has to lean into the culture wars.

The party doesn't stand for anything else at this point. It's the best 'strategy' they have.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"that would be execution!" says the party in favor of the death penalty

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
In case you're having second thoughts about those college bills abortion will be allowed up to the age of 18.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
This reminds me of a couple years ago when the GOP went all-in on this sort of messaging in Virginia and then they got smoked. It reeks of desperation.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Fringe Republicans have been saying dems sacrifice live babies for years, this doesn't shock me. Appealing to the most depraved of his base here

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
If that were true, Biden would be getting the Republican vote since they prefer having kids aborted beyond birth like dying in concentration camps or gunned down in school.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Because self-abortion is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please
giphy.gif

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Normally I'd try to meaningfully speculate that he's signal to the Qultists and maybe that conapiracy about Biden being a paedophile too

But nah this dude is just roided to fuck, sick as a dog and watching the polls roll in panicking for the first time in his life about his mortality and getting utterly fucking slaughtered on election night. Screaming nonsense into the void to try and prevent the inevitable.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
This stupid motherfucker keeps trying to only appeal to his hardcore base which is only 20-30% of the voterbase.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
That quote reminds me of a scene in South Park where Cartman's mom wants to do something similar.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am so confused. What is the governor thing Trump is attempting* to reference...?

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
The propaganda against Democrats is so pervasive and hyperbolic in many parts of the country that there are tons of people who will legit believe this.

Of course, those people were all voting for Trump anyway.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
He's got nothing on Biden and is going for the deepest cuts of GOP fear mongering.

Oct 27, 2017
What an odd stance when it's Republicans who love the death penalty. Also trying kids as adults.

Oh, I almost forgot the children in cages because of the trump administration.

Shut up Donny, Republicans love late term abortions.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
He's been to this well multiple times at his rallies, and what makes it even more despicable than usual Trump is that you know he doesn't believe it at all but knows it riles his base up. It is playground politics (hopefully?) at its peak.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I am so confused. What is the governor thing Trump is attempting* to reference...?

www.cnn.com

Virginia governor faces backlash over comments supporting late-term abortion bill | CNN Politics

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam is facing backlash after he voiced his support for a state measure that would significantly loosen restrictions on late-term abortions.

The bill -- which among other things would end a state rule that requires at least three physicians confirm "that a third trimester abortion is necessary to prevent the woman's death or impairment of her mental or physical health" and ends "the need to find that any such impairment to the woman's health would be substantial and irremediable" -- is currently tabled in Virginia's legislature.

Northam said he supports the bill's measures, telling WTOP that "we want the government not to be involved in these types of decisions. We want the decision to be made by the mothers and their providers."

Of course, she only included part of the quote in her outrage.

"[Third trimester abortions are] done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that's nonviable. So in this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen," Northam, a pediatric neurosurgeon, told Washington radio station WTOP. "The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
He's been to this well multiple times at his rallies, and what makes it even more despicable than usual Trump is that you know he doesn't believe it at all but knows it riles his base up. It is playground politics (hopefully?) at its peak.
Yep, he even said this exact thing during one of the debates in 2016. Anyone that still believes that's how abortions work clearly has no idea how abortions work.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
www.cnn.com

Virginia governor faces backlash over comments supporting late-term abortion bill | CNN Politics

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam is facing backlash after he voiced his support for a state measure that would significantly loosen restrictions on late-term abortions.

Of course, she only included part of the quote in her outrage.

Thanks for the context. What republicans seem to ignore is that this shit rarely ever happens. They are outraged at the possibility of this happening. Is that what this is all about?