• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

During a conference call with reporters and U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw on Friday afternoon, government officials acknowledged that as many as 20 percent of the youngest children ripped from their parents on Donald Trump's orders won't be reunified with their families any time soon.

The revelation comes a day after Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar assured the public that the government would meet the court's July 10 deadline to reunite children under the age of 5 with their parents, only to immediately backtrack.

On a conference call, officials from HHS said they expect approximately half of the roughly 100 children under the age of five to be reunited with their parents by Tuesday, the deadline imposed by Judge Sabraw in a decision last week.

But they also acknowledged that they do not know the whereabouts of the parents of roughly 20 percent of the toddlers still in custody, and likely won't meet the July 10 deadline.

In addition to the July 10 deadline for the youngest children held in captivity, the government has until July 26 to reunite the remaining minors with their families.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
America keeps destroying families and the future of defenseless babies, you must be proud of electing that asshole.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
But all lives matter, right? This is embarrassing and disheartening. I can't imagine what those parents are going through.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How will this guy avoid being put in front of the Hague in years to come...

ps3ud0 8)

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Conservatives have forever lost their ability to call themselves pro-life. How can they be when they're overwhelmingly in support of policies that bring so much suffering?

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
What we should really talk about is the economyhahehehueueheheujejehehhehehejjejehehhegheefehkaöapodåskdlzvlss

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Of course they did. This is the most heinous shitshow yet from these motherfuckers.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2% criminal history. That is shockingly low. Bububu all this criminals.
The right's argument is stupid when you think about it. What criminal is going to go through all that effort to be smuggled into another country and continue their criminal career on foreign turf? It's going to be a low %, most people thug it out in their home city/state/country.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's the numbers they are willing to say, I worry the actuals will be significantly higher.

Jan 10, 2018
The revelation comes a day after Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar assured the public that the government would meet the court's July 10 deadline to reunite children under the age of 5 with their parents, only to immediately backtrack.

Somehow I sincerely doubt it is "only" 20 percent.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Oops! Luckily they're not white people, right? It's OK because they're immigrants, right? Gotta be tough on crime!

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Racist fuckers, cannot believe this is reality. Makes me fucking sick and I want to help but don't know what to do, I'm Canadian. What can horrified onlookers do to assist this? Anything?

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we're back in the Bush years and there's a new reason to hate America all over again. All that goodwill Obama earned wasted away.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Demons. All Trump supporters should be ostracized for the rest of their miserable lives.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
How will this guy avoid being put in front of the Hague in years to come...

ps3ud0 8)

Are you joking? There is no way the US would let that happen. Not even if the most humanitarian and left-leaning president imaginable was elected. The US is not accountable to anyone, by virtue of tons of weapons. Best case scenario he's impeached and unable to continue as president, but I have a hard time seeing any real punishment happening beyond that.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
This is a nightmare. As a father of young children I cant even fathom what these kids and their parents are feeling. How the hell anyone is ok with this is just beyond me. You have to be truly heartless.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Are you joking? There is no way the US would let that happen. Not even if the most humanitarian and left-leaning president imaginable was elected. The US is not accountable to anyone, by virtue of tons of weapons. Best case scenario he's impeached and unable to continue as president, but I have a hard time seeing any real punishment happening beyond that.

In fact, during the Bush years a law was enacted that allows a military invasion on the Netherlands if Americans are brought before the ICC and it's quite possible it's still around.

The best hope for Trump getting some comeuppance is Michael Cohen flipping and giving away a nice batch of money-laundering charges that can be prosecuted at a state level so whenever Trump leaves office, he'll know there's a criminal lawsuit waiting for him he can't pardon his way out of.