Rockets

Sep 12, 2018

93f.jpg

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if he demanded this of the GOP in Congress before the election. There would've been actual pressure on Mitch and Trump would've been re-elected.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The only reason I can think for him to do this is to undermine his cults confidence in Republican Senators.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
If Trump gets more money out of this, Dems are almost fucked and they'll lose the Senate.

But Americans needs more money.

He's right about the bullshit spending.

And of course, he still thinks he can keep his seat.

Nov 18, 2020
I know it will never happen with our current Congress, but this is one area I'm 100% in support with Trump over. We desperately need much more substantial checks. Not this time around because it's too late, but maybe next month.

$2000 would go a very long way in legitimately stimulating the economy. That's when people will actually have some disposable income again that they can spend on small businesses....instead of the money mostly going towards mortgages, back rent, credit card debt, etc.

I wish more Republicans would realize how dire the economy is without substantial stimulus. The whole apparatus falls apart extremely quickly.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
You know, I wouldn't mind 2000 dollars of course, but it's funny that he's only doing this because he probably thinks this will work as a "bribe" to the American people that will want him to stay president somehow.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
It's a veto proof majority so he wouldn't be able to do this anyway, right?

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bruh with $2000 i could, like, buy a house

today was the day he became president

/s

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they don't have one already, Democrats should pass a clean $2000 stimi bill right now and kick to the senate.
Either call his bluff or put pressure on McConnel to go against Trump.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If this fucker had taken even fifteen minutes over the last four years to learn how the legislative process works he could have possibly impacted a positive change on at least this one thing in his presidency. But he didn't, because he's a selfish moron. Fuck 'em.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
He won't veto it.

He...probably should. But he won't. He wants people to like him.

Who knows. I'll tell you what though, it would have been closer.

I don't think so. By that point, he had already made comments that it should be $2000 I believe.

And some post-election polls showed that COVID was surprisingly not much of a factor.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like he setting up for a veto and it has nothing to do with the relief checks. He's going to make people suffer just because he didn't get his way and throw in some outrage for spending on Central American countries which his base will eat up.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Mitch is not going to approve $2000. He'd rather dive into a vat of acid, and this is coming from a president who just lost. Unless Trump blinks we're getting nothing

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It should be repeated: Trump does not want to give you $2,000

He had the ability over the last many months, including leading up to the election, to get this done and to say this. Only now, once it's passed, he makes the pointless and completely hollow gesture.

Don't even give him an inch of respect for it.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
He just wants to sound like the good guy who wanted to give Americans more money. He doesn't give a fuck. He'll sign it.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The current bill easily had enough votes to override a veto, but they'd have to vote on it again. Get those Georgia senators on record as voting against Trump and giving Americans less money!