• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Getting rid of the US troops from bases all around the world is an idea I support, but not for the reasons Trump is doing it.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in Germany as an army brat. This hurts my soul, both from protecting our troops in the various nearby theatres and from maintaining relations with the countries we actually SHOULD be maintaining relations with.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this was said, you bet is already happening...we just don't see it...yet
Okay, yes Putin is a dictator who's oppressing his people and murdering any vocal critic. He's not an evil genius masterminding the rise of a new superpower exactly.
He's a bog-standard strongman dictator who has to use violent rhetoric to keep his people under control.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how the last Democratic president had to fix the economy? Well, the next Democratic president is going to have to fix the broken relationships with our allies.
There is no fixing here cause where is the guarantee that the next president you elect after that isn't worse than Trump. The American voting population is absolutely untrustworthy for everything you're negotiating from now on is gonna be on 4 year time frames.

I'm sorry but the world has known peace for the last 50 years under Americas diligence in repelling powers. If you recall the first 50 years of the 1900's saw 2 world wars and a bundle of dictator fights. If it was not for the US and the G7 forming NATO, Russia would have been reformed the USSR.
Learn some goddamn history before you spout such insanely ignorant garbage. Vietnam, the middle east, etc suddenly don't exist? Guess that's the level of brainwashing people go through buying into the American exceptionalism memes. That American citizen actually believe every time they go to fight somewhere it's for a noble righteous cause or justified is certainly one of the most toxic things ever, the literal lack of any kind of self reflection to do that.

Oct 25, 2017
UK, France, and Germany have absoloutly nothing to worry about when it comes to Russia. Putin isn't stupid enough try anything.

Looking out for Eastern European countries is what we need to be doing.

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At some point does our military just go "No, what the fuck are you talking about?" Or have they all been replaced by dumbfucks as well?

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Won't surprise me at all if putin tries to do to what he did last time with Ukraine and Crimea, but on a larger scale while also causing chaos politically.

Fucking russians and nazis.

Edit: shit meant to edit this in not post a second reply...

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When your two main hopes for global unity are a faked giant squid attack on New York, or that alien bugs start launching rocks at the planet, then it's time to reconsider...

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Trump needs bodies for his newly announced Space Force and he has to get them somewhere.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
You guys and your "Putin will invade Europe" , "wants to rebuild Soviet Union". lol. Ridiculous.

ZUYBt94.gif

Aye yai yai yai comrades.

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
Russia isn't attacking Eastern Europe any time soon so the American presence in Germany doesn't pose much of a deterrence factor. However, the bases in Germany are key to American military operations in the Middle East so removing them will cripple their ability in just about all aspects. It'd incur a huge burden on the American military that it's mind-boggling to even consider. It would put a curb on the American penchant for adventurism, so it's not necessarily all bad news, but even this isn't in a way that actually helps the US.

Oct 25, 2017
Russia isn't attacking Eastern Europe any time soon so the American presence in Germany doesn't pose much of a deterrence factor. However, the bases in Germany are key to American military operations in the Middle East so removing them will cripple their ability in just about all aspects. It'd incur a huge burden on the American military that it's mind-boggling to even consider. It would put a curb on the American penchant for adventurism, so it's not necessarily all bad news, but even this isn't in a way that actually helps the US.

Moving all the Germany located bases and HQs would also cost many billions and would take easily a decade to finish.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So much ignorance here. Here's the reality.

US foreign policy is extremely complicated and boiling said policy down to simple talking points is disingenuous.

The idea the US is some evil imperialist empire is embarrassingly dumb

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
no no, you're doing it wrong donald. If you want to threaten Germany, you should threaten to double the troop presence.
In that sense... bon voyage, not gonna miss ya

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's quite impressive that, in the end, Russia discovered the greatest weapon in war is not nukes or tanks, it is realizing that dominance had made your enemy complacent and stupid over the years, and then taking advantage of that stupidity. Like, really, who would have imagined a world where Russia realized, "Hey, the USA is ready to accept a Nero, and I just happen to have one in my pocket!"

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
So much ignorance here. Here's the reality.

US foreign policy is extremely complicated and boiling said policy down to simple talking points is disingenuous.

The idea the US is some evil imperialist empire is embarrassingly dumb

Look at this magnificent trump and or bot or Russian poster.

My god so much jingoism and brainwashing.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck republicans. Seriously. It is so fucking obvious what trump is doing.

The entire GOP is compromised by Russian influence. It needs to be purged.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
You guys and your "Putin will invade Europe" , "wants to rebuild Soviet Union". lol. Ridiculous.

Yea. I mean it's not like Russia has invaded nearby neighbors like Ukraine or Georgia yet. Oh wait. Clearly Russia isn't going to invade Germany now or ever but, the Balkan and Baltic countries, I'd expect "votes for becoming part of Russia" to pass soon.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
It's so transparent what he's doing.
How is he not in prison right now.
I wonder that every day. I just don't understand the US.
I feel like in most places one of the following would have happened already:
- Vote of non-confidence removing him from power
- Government shutdown caused by riots
- Assassination

And yet, everything is just trucking along normally over there (well, I mean, the administration is disjointed, but it's still functioning).

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone saying that Russian isn't going to invade Europe is absolutely correct, but make no mistake that a US draw down in Europe is a HUGE boon for Russia.

The ONLY way Russia gains more global political/ military power is for the US to give some up... it sucks that our foreign policy is to be everywhere getting involved in everything, but that is how you maintain being the most important global super power. Which is increasing becoming like one of the only "good" things the US has going for it, and we are slowly giving that up too

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is an act of treason. Seriously, this is fucking treason. I'm am literally shaking I'm so mad and scared. Trump is the defintion of evil and anyone defending this is evil too. You are all apart of the Axis of evil. Russia is going to start a fucking Nuclear War and you people are denying this reality. WE ARE AT FUCKING WAR. We should have fucking invaded Russia the second they attacked Crimea. They're already stronger then the US thanks to Trump. The Republicans have committed treason and betrayed America.