Wall height: 0
Pesos from Mexico: 0
Healthcare reforms: 0
Tax reforms: 0
Mining jobs: 0
Clintons jailed: 0
Illegal votes found: 0
Senate seat total: -1

Lets discuss how his incompetence has been the best possible outcome in regards to a Republican President

Edit:
He has scored a few victories, ex: Supreme court nominee (which is big)

[MOD EDIT]
No clickbait titles, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
It's probably not accurate to say he hasn't accomplished anything. He's still accomplished some awful things and been a huge negative on the country.

But as far as Republican Presidents go he's probably best case scenario. Could you imagine where we'd be with a competent Republican? *shudder*

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
...and the true electoral backlash hasn't even started yet.

Well, it JUST started last night.

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
He does have a successful supreme court nominee and is destroying certain agencies from within. Give credit where credit is due.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Putin-Thumbs-Up-3x2.jpg

dluu13

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Haven't been following too much but what happened to the tax bill? Iirc, the bill will cause those mining jobs to go negative because it isn't good for mining corporations or something.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Trump has done a lot of damage through this administration + executive orders.
+ the SCOTUS seat that will be held for a lifetime.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
He's been pretty effective at repealing Obama's bills, hasn't he? When you think of his central goal as removing Obama from history he doesn't appear as clownish and ineffectual.

Aomame

Oct 27, 2017
He also appointed a Supreme Court Justice, stoked the fires of racial tension, emboldened racist, sexist, white males nationwide, passed a number of harmful pieces of legislation (repealing environmental protections especially), appointed an FCC chair dead set on destroying net neutrality, sold out our country to Russia... Need I go on?

Yes, it's important that Republicans be revealed as the spineless, ineffectual, self-serving individuals that they are. But Trump has done irreparable harm to America. His claims about creating jobs or building the wall were never going to happen. They were empty campaign promises made to get himself in office so he could do other, subtle but insidious shit. He'll keep talking about them though (and blaming Dems for them not happening) to keep his voter base ignorant to what's actually going on.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tired of all the winning?

By his metric (erasing Obama's legacy) he's not really doing a terrible job. He's wiped out tons of it. These aren't particularly difficult accomplishments as a lot of those were executive orders, guidance to enforcement agencies, ect. He doesn't have the political capital to do truly difficult things like passing bills. But, He's done plenty to destroy the progressive ideals we have while also making us a laughing stock on the world stage.

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure he makes many news outlets really happy. They have some new controversial tweet to talk about everyday. Hell Era has a thread about a tweet everyday too. He gives everyone something to talk about

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
so what is the run down for 2018 midterms?

I agree Trump has been pretty ineffective (aside from repealing things Obama put in place like energy industry regulations) but we need to hit the GOP in the midterms.

how many seats are Democrats defending next year, how likely are we to defend them and realistically how many new seats can we pick up?

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, there is one area he has been incredibly effective out that most people don't notice because it goes under the radar, and that's filling judgeships. He's got one seat on the Supreme Court, which is huge in and of itself, but didn't change the make up of the court as a whole from what it was before Trump. But he's filled tons of federal judgeships that are lifetime positions to mostly hard right judges, and mostly on the younger side. By midterms of next year, he will fill over 100 federal seats, 1/8 of the entire federal court. And if the Senate doesn't flip next year, he could get as many as 25-50 more by 2020, and could realistically get 2 more Supreme Court seats of Kennedy and Ginsberg (each very old) which would bring the court to a staggering 7-2 conservative lean with at least three judges that are extremely far right. All of the judges he's put forth have been confirmed, despite many having questionable positions and backgrounds.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Eh even with all those losses, which I'm grateful for, let's not act like he hasn't undone a ton of regulation already.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's going to be successful in erasing Obama's legacy. All it takes is a backlash in 18/20 and we can reinstate everything again.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Even if a miracle happens and both the Senate and House flip, the majorities will not be enough to override a veto, so any regulation or bill put forward can be blocked unless somehow there's a lot of turncoat Republicans willing to do it, but we know that won't happen.

That's not to even mention to inability until at least 2020 to fill out positions in key areas that Trump and his cabinet has left anemic, like the Department of Defense.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP, there was enough room in your title for the whole thing instead of a click bait thread.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this tax bill is the culmination of decades of right-wing policies and if they can pass that, he will be a success to them.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
The damage he's doing to the State department and other departments like the EPA, through attrition and outright removal of talent and knowledge experts, is incalculable. He's not been as effective in his malignancy as I feared, I'll grant you, but the scoreboard in the OP doesn't tell the whole story.

And while we may not have seen a full-on "Repeal Obamacare" bill succeed yet, there's still other ways that they've begun to gut healthcare reform.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Let's not ignore the damage that has been done. State department has been gutted, vital positions not filled, massive errors in foreign policy. There's really no telling what could happen as a result of a Trump presidency because the main issue is going to be lack of oversight.

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
For better or worse, Trumps actually done a lot.

Lots of deregulation and quite a few things outright ripped up.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I just feel the whole premise is just so flawed, because the damage he is causing will be something felt for generations and take forever to clean up. America may survive him, but who knows if it'll be strong enough to withstand what comes next.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
He's been successful at trying to undo everything Obama has done even the absolutely minor and totally positive things. Not too mention his cronies totally gutting the State Department, the EPA and so on.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he's going to be successful in erasing Obama's legacy. All it takes is a backlash in 18/20 and we can reinstate everything again.
If anything the next Democrat President/Congress combo is going to not only redo all of Obama's work, but probably push it much further. You won't be getting the watered down ACA for instance.

Oct 28, 2017
He has successfully wiped away Obama's legacy, rendering him a fondly remembered footnote in history i'd say Trump, in just 10 months, has done plenty to satisfy the Republican base and thwart the advancement of progress in our country. A failure? Hardly.