• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
WaPo link.

The article is about Trump's anger that Homeland Security Secretary Nielsen isn't doing her job and "blaming her for a surge in illegal border crossings." In regards to the tweet:

The night before Trump delivered his first speech to Congress in February 2017, he huddled with senior adviser Jared Kushner and Miller in the Oval Office to talk immigration. The president reluctantly agreed with suggestions he strike a gentler tone on immigration in the speech.

Trump reminded them the crowds loved his rhetoric on immigrants along the campaign trail. Acting as if he was at a rally, he then read aloud a few made up Hispanic names and described potential crimes they could have committed, like rape or murder. Then, he said, the crowds would roar when the criminals were thrown out of the country — as they did when he highlighted crimes by illegal immigrants at his rallies, according to a person present for the exchange and another briefed on it later. Miller and Kushner laughed.

A senior White House official said that while the president did discuss the "crowd enthusiasm for crackdowns on criminal aliens," the official disputed that Trump used Hispanic names to illustrate the point.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
NOT

RACIST

(insert some distraction about the Clinton crime bill that you didn't give a fuck about until it became convenient for you)

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
6DBr234.jpg

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If generic Hispanic names are for criminals. I wonder what type of criminal I am according to Trump because my name is Carlos.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Trump news filter for Resetera?

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a feeling that he might be a tiny bit racist somehow.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I do this all the time too, except instead of potential crimes it's crimes that seem to have a lot of evidence of having occurred, and instead of made of up Hispanic names it's always Donald Trump.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
But Trump said he was "the least racist person you've ever met, believe me". You mean... he lied? That's a first.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The leaker is probably Miller because he's so damn proud of being utter garbage and he figured being a racist shithead would trigger the libs.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A senior White House official said that while the president did discuss the "crowd enthusiasm for crackdowns on criminal aliens," the official disputed that Trump used Hispanic names to illustrate the point.

10 bucks says he used either the name Jose Gonzales or Carlos Lopez.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Well, he's been shitting on Latinos since day 0, it's very likely he goes to sleep screaming at Pablo.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
They said we should have context for Trump's "animals" content. This is context. Saying kids aren't innocent is the context. This is all context. Any news organization that retracted statements and/or tweets, etc about that should be ashamed.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I am never disturbed when the President says something completely backwards and bigoted.

I am disturbed that there are plenty of people, including some on this very forum, who agree with the backwards and bigoted shit he's doing.