Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/01/trump-north-korea-nuclear-deal-may-not-work-out
Donald Trump said on Sunday it was "possible" that a deal he claimed ended the nuclear threat posed by North Korea would not "work out".

A day after it was reported that Pyongyang has increased its production of enriched uranium at secret sites, Fox Business broadcast an interview with the president.
Trump was pressed on whether he trusted Kim Jong-un, whom he met last month in Singapore and with whom he said he had "a great chemistry", to make good on promises to destroy Pyongyang's nuclear program.

"I made a deal with him, I shook hands with him, I really believe he means it," said Trump. "Now, is it possible? Have I been in deals, have you been in things where, people didn't work out? It's possible."
Trump's words reversed his declaration upon his return from Singapore that North Korea had ended its nuclear ambitons.

"Just landed – a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office," the president tweeted on 13 June. "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!"
Speaking to Fox, Trump also sought to shrink the perceived cost of the declared agreement falling through, seeking to frame his negotiations with North Korea as having been achieved without concessions.

"We gave nothing," he said. "Think of this. What did I do, really, when you think of it? I went there. So the papers say, 'He went', oh, meaning I went to Singapore. So we had a meeting. We didn't do anything."
In fact, Trump agreed to end a range of joint military exercises with South Korea, meant to act as a deterrent against the North. In the interview with Fox, he said the exercises, "which I call war games", were too expensive.

"They're dropping bombs all over the place every six months," he said, "it's unbelievably expensive to do that. The planes fly in from Guam, these massive bombers. It's crazy."
mild_shock_patrick_stewart_acting.gif

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
lol
i hope singapore is not stupid enough to have agreed to host and spent their 12 million usd without having some thing to guarantee some results

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
As if there was ever any chance this moronic orange Failure in Chief was going to bring about peace. The only ones believing that shit were his brainwashed nazi followers.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Yea, lets mock Trump for trying to do what nobody has done and denuke North Korea. How dare he.

Is this a sarcastic post? I legit can't tell.

OT this is what he always does. He always say "we'll see" or "maybe" to anything so that people won't knock him if it doesn't happen and he can claim to have been "right" if it does.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Guys they shook hands and everything.

I mean, a signed treaty ratifying the terms of the agreement would have been nice, I guess, but sometimes, things don't work out. Please understand.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
"Think of this. What did I do, really, when you think of it? I went there. So the papers say, 'He went', oh, meaning I went to Singapore. So we had a meeting. We didn't do anything."

Note that this was direct from him. This is Schrodinger's deal for those in support of the President, right? It's both something if you're checking off bullet points in an argument, and nothing DIRECT from the source. Amazing.

BigBallsMcgee

Banned
Jun 30, 2018
Is this a sarcastic post? I legit can't tell.

OT this is what he always does. He always say "we'll see" or "maybe" to anything so that people won't knock him if it doesn't happen and he can claim to have been "right" if it does.

No I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely shocked at some of the response to this,

I think he says "maybe" and "we'll see" because he's dealing with unpredicatable things and he genuinely doesnt know what will happen.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
No I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely shocked at some of the response to this,

I think he says "maybe" and "we'll see" because he's dealing with unpredicatable things and he genuinely doesnt know what will happen.

Oh you were serious.

He isn't the first president trying to denuke NK and so far he's made less progress than the other 2 serious attempts. This dipshit also bragged on twitter right after the summit telling everyone they could sleep soundly at night because he'd solved it. He's being mocked for being an braggart asshole about this

And nah he isn't saying "maybe" to everything because if that. He's saying this to everything to dodge responsibility when it falls through. NYT even put an article out on it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/us/politics/trump-well-see-what-happens.html

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I meant that nobody has succeeded. Obviously it has been tried, but nobody has succeeded yet.

I don't think other presidents were mocked for trying to make the world safer in this way.
Because he's praising Kim for being a dictator, praising Putin for being a dictator and dismantling the Iranian nuclear deal for only two reasons; they're Muslim and the person who signed it was black.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, lets mock Trump for trying to do what nobody has done and denuke North Korea. How dare he.

There was and is zero, ZERO chance of Trump being responsible for denuclearizing North Korea. It was never going to happen. Giving the slightest benefit of the doubt to North Korea is ridiculous.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, so you're saying this awesome movie trailer didn't work? They hired "Destiny Pictures" for nothing? This is bullshit!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Dumbass Donald, they're going to award you the Nobel Peace Prize. I really believe they mean it. Now, is it possible that you won't actually get shit? Have you been in things where, people didn't work out? It's possible.

This "negotiation" with North Korea was low-effort grandstanding and a complete waste of everyone's time. We award him no credit and the mockery will continue unabated.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I meant that nobody has succeeded. Obviously it has been tried, but nobody has succeeded yet.

I don't think other presidents were mocked for trying to make the world safer in this way.
Trump is mocked because he easily invites it. According to him, everything is the best. He was the only one to do it. He fixed everything....but then he didnt. The guy is a raving lunatic that switches positions every other day. Sometimes in the same tweet.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He didn't try to do shit though?. You also surely can't be this stupid and ignorant of history, can you?
No, it's not the motherfucking first time. Open a goddamn history book. There has been deals made and even signed by NK before. Every single of them more specific and far reaching than the absolute nothing Trump presented. None of those deals amounted to anything but Trump didn't even bother to match these. It was nothing but Trump saying "hey Kim maybe stop thanks no big deal if you don't" and then Kim just went "LOL".

For the love of God, go educate yourself. This level of ignorance is astounding.

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
NK got exactly what it needed from the current Whitehouse occupier, propaganda. The idiot sung the praises of KJU and even saluted a NK officer. Dumbass gave Un legitimacy.